Hoarding >1000 Unassembled components.....Pre 5.2

Storm-Cutter

We have very differing ideas of what "not that hard" is...I don't have nearly the time to dedicate 1-2 hours per day, per toon, to this game - that's about 4-6 hours per day...that's WAY beyond any casual level of playing imo...that's full time.

I'm sorry -- I actually agree with you. What I meant to say is that the process of getting to 1k UCs is not hard in itself, you just need to have the time to sink into it. I only have this amount on one character, and that was since 5.1 began. A second character has about 800, but all my other alts have none.

And if I didn't work from home, I'd be lucky to have even 1/3 of that.

Edited by Dbohrius

WOW! I'm impressed...and really jealous. Are you in full 242 gear by chance? Have you spent any of the components yet or have you been hoarding them? Just curious because that's a crap ton of PvPing. I've only got one toon that I PvP on and I'm only at 1000 as of yesterday.

Not sure if youre kidding or serious :)

Anyway, the thing is im trying to finish the achievements for GSF so that came in very handy. On one side you have to Master the ships, which means get a lot of requisition by doing GSF. Also u have to master ships on both imp and rep toon so thats why i have more toons at 1k components. 1 win is 10 components so all i did was GSF.

When GSF stopped popping around 11-12 pm then i swapped to ranked to do dailies again on the toons. This way i got like 1 gear piece each week. I mean the whole process buying 230 upgrading to 236 and to 242. This way i got like 4 pcs for 2 toons but then i started to gather them since 5.2 was approaching.

So yeah its just about GSF cause a win gives u 10 components, which is more than PVP and matches pop way faster as there is no balancing of teams etc.

Most NiM raiders before 5.0 got their gear from drops.

Did you read the part where it says ONLY THE LAST BOSS will drop BiS gear?

Some more hardcore guilds might be organised in a way that people have multiple alts to do alt runs on the last boss in NiM but it requires a certain level of skill and organisation to pull that off.

A lot of progression guilds that are struggling through NiM are going to find out soon enough that if they want BiS gear on their toons before 6.0 hits with the next level cap etc. that they will only be able to manage this by doing PvP.

Yes true only last boss gives BiS but ppl already stacked up a lot of stuff and are at rank 300 with bays full of packs and crates to open. So that way they will get some BiS gear only from that. Yeah we still dont know how that will work with the drops as it says:

"Bosses will now drop the following Unassembled Gear Pieces in existing Operations:

Tier 4 Prototype and Artifact Unassembled Gear Pieces"

So the question is how will that work? 1 Prototype and 1 Artifact per boss? Or random? etc

Not sure if youre kidding or serious :)

Anyway, the thing is im trying to finish the achievements for GSF so that came in very handy. On one side you have to Master the ships, which means get a lot of requisition by doing GSF. Also u have to master ships on both imp and rep toon so thats why i have more toons at 1k components. 1 win is 10 components so all i did was GSF.

When GSF stopped popping around 11-12 pm then i swapped to ranked to do dailies again on the toons. This way i got like 1 gear piece each week. I mean the whole process buying 230 upgrading to 236 and to 242. This way i got like 4 pcs for 2 toons but then i started to gather them since 5.2 was approaching.

So yeah its just about GSF cause a win gives u 10 components, which is more than PVP and matches pop way faster as there is no balancing of teams etc.

I was serious. I never even thought about GSF as a way to gain UC's.

Yes true only last boss gives BiS but ppl already stacked up a lot of stuff and are at rank 300 with bays full of packs and crates to open. So that way they will get some BiS gear only from that. Yeah we still dont know how that will work with the drops as it says:

"Bosses will now drop the following Unassembled Gear Pieces in existing Operations:

Tier 4 Prototype and Artifact Unassembled Gear Pieces"

So the question is how will that work? 1 Prototype and 1 Artifact per boss? Or random? etc

Well it's a good question because Musco spoke of there only being two sub tiers in tier 4 in GC. So I am wondering what it means that now there are apparently 3 sub tiers in NiM Operations.

Problem remains that even with 5.2 the best way to get BiS gear is to do HM ops and then upgrade to BiS with components. It's rather messed up when you think about it and it will continue to bring people into warzones who don't actually give a crap about PvP.

I was serious. I never even thought about GSF as a way to gain UC's.

Like I said i came in very handy that i was doing the achievements for GSF as with one match i was getting achievements, CXP and components, which is a win win win situation :)

Problem remains that even with 5.2 the best way to get BiS gear is to do HM ops and then upgrade to BiS with components. It's rather messed up when you think about it and it will continue to bring people into warzones who don't actually give a crap about PvP.

Yes thats why i have stacked up components to get 248 on mains. However its a good way to go for alts as 242 from HM ops is more than enough for alts. I will still be doing GSF so i wil have enough components and will be able to get 248 further on anyway, even for alts as the system allows u to buy gear (besides left side ofc) for your alts too.