BB Code Buttons not working?

JennyFlynn

Apologies if this is a 'double' post; I tried searching for my particular issue but found no immediate results.

I've always been able to use the format buttons (for italics, alignment etc) and smilies but now suddenly I cannot and I can't figure out how to get that 'fixed' either. I assume it's more of a 'me' problem than bug affecting all but help would be appreciated. The buttons ARE there, they're just not clickable at all. If anyone has a suggested I'd welcome it.

Make sure you're using the latest version then try disabling all your extensions.

It's the latest version with all extensions disabled. Still no joy. Logged out and back in to the website too just in case but that wasn't successful either.

Thank you though for the suggestions at least.

This happened to me just a few weeks ago. I also use Google Chrome; had to clear all my cookies and cache before they'd work again (although doing so a) logged me out of the forums and b) required one of those infamous one-time passwords to get back in, since it no longer "recognized" my computer).

Although, even when doing that... :rolleyes: and :confused: don't work. I can't see them, for some reason. Everything else works just fine, and, obviously, I can still use them. Just can't actually see the smilies themselves.

:o:(:eek::DWellll... clearing browsing data worked.

Lol. A bit of a pain in the butt though now I have to redo all my most used pages and logins but at least this stuff works again. Good to know for the future? :D

Whoo! :D

Yeah, not sure why that works or why it gets messed up in the first place... ah well. Glad it worked, though!

:o:(:eek::DWellll... clearing browsing data worked.

Lol. A bit of a pain in the butt though now I have to redo all my most used pages and logins but at least this stuff works again. Good to know for the future? :D

Try just the browser file cache next time and nothing else to see if that helps. I have to do that with my bank's website once or twice a week. That's usually a sign that a javascript file isn't loading correctly or there's one cached that shouldn't be.

edit: A quick scan of the outputted html shows we're loading jquery scripts without version numbers. Something's probably caching incorrectly.