The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Classic Revan armor set?

Darmist

Any chance we can get an option to just outright purchase the classic Revan armor set on the Cartel market?

I'm a returning player and I'm enjoying the game again, but I was never able to finish out my classic Revan armor set and now the 2 pieces that I need are over 100mil. I'd gladly give you 4k cartel coins to just be able to buy the set and be done with it. And I'm sure I'm not the only person that would want something like this.

Darmist

I agree, I bought the robes,the chest set so far and the rest is way over my league.

if they brought back cartel market certificates that would be easier or nullify them there is some very good items with the vendors but due to the CMC we can buy them even if I or we have the enough reputation.

Frustrated player

It is common for MMO's to have sets that are discontinued and as time goes on they become a bigger and bigger deal to people. WOW introduced the black market ah as a gold sink for old unavailable sets.

The Revan set's are ultra rare and ultra expensive. They re-release them from time to time and price drops a bit, but it usually sells for 150M-200M for the whole set. You have to consider that most people that have these sets either a.) Spent a lot of money getting them b.) Spent a lot of credits getting them or c.) were extremely lucky.

No matter how you look at it, any accommodations for you will devalue whatever someone else put into it. Also the most recent example of them selling a direct item of value was the unstable saber, which sold for about 70M+. It was sold for CC @ 7000+.

So, in order for them to not take away from those who spent a lot, they would have to match the cost in some way, as they did with the unstable. This set, as direct sell, would probably cost around 15K CC +/- matching the 150M (Minimum cost on the GTN). Which would probably spark some sort of outcry. Of course they could do whatever they want and list it for much less. The point is, its unlikely to be listed for 4k CC.

Your best bet is to make it your goal to buy the pieces and start farming the credits, just like a lot of others have done. Everything might seem more expensive, if you are just back to the game, but it is a lot easier to make a lot more credits. It doable, plus messaging the seller and offering less (minimum 6% off which is the GTN tax) is pretty common with these very expensive items. Sometimes people are willing to sell it for much less than they listed it for on the GTN.

Edited by IstariZen

So, in order for them to not take away from those who spent a lot, they would have to match the cost in some way, as they did with the unstable. This set, as direct sell, would probably cost around 15K CC +/- matching the 150M (Minimum cost on the GTN). Which would probably spark some sort of outcry. Of course they could do whatever they want and list it for much less. The point is, its unlikely to be listed for 4k CC.

Dunno about that last part. The XoXaan set sold for 2000 the first time they direct-sold it, and 2600 the last time, which was just recently.

Also, OP, keep an eye out for old packs in the Cartel Market or on the GTN, and maybe buy Gold Armor Packs when they come around again. At the very least you'll be able to sell whatever comes out of the pack for credits (or the pack itself, even) and keep those credits to help pay for the Revan set you want.

Dunno about that last part. The XoXaan set sold for 2000 the first time they direct-sold it, and 2600 the last time, which was just recently.

Also, OP, keep an eye out for old packs in the Cartel Market or on the GTN, and maybe buy Gold Armor Packs when they come around again. At the very least you'll be able to sell whatever comes out of the pack for credits (or the pack itself, even) and keep those credits to help pay for the Revan set you want.

True, but the last time I checked the GTN, the Xoxaan set does not list for 150-200 million.

True, but the last time I checked the GTN, the Xoxaan set does not list for 150-200 million.

Probably not, although I haven't looked for it on the GTN in ages and ages and ages (since the first time I got it in a crate after buying directly for 2000, actually). Then again, the prices on the GTN are indicative only of what people want to list it for, not what they are actually selling for. (Case in point: when I bought the two expensive parts of the Satele Shan set, the total cost for buying it as individual pieces would have been slightly under 80 Million. There was ONE full-set box listed, for 199,999,999. One credit short of 200 Million, versus under 80 million, total, for the individual parts.)

Probably not, although I haven't looked for it on the GTN in ages and ages and ages (since the first time I got it in a crate after buying directly for 2000, actually). Then again, the prices on the GTN are indicative only of what people want to list it for, not what they are actually selling for. (Case in point: when I bought the two expensive parts of the Satele Shan set, the total cost for buying it as individual pieces would have been slightly under 80 Million. There was ONE full-set box listed, for 199,999,999. One credit short of 200 Million, versus under 80 million, total, for the individual parts.)

Except, 150M for Revan Set is the standard price across all servers. It is not like 1 person listing it for an extreme amount, it is the accepted price.