Can we "un-use" someone else's referral link?

Valkyuri

Before you go, yes yes. I'm an idiot. It's still all on me. I take full responsibility. Because I am an idiot.

So, I decided to bite, and use someone's referral link. He or she was paying 4 million (which I wasn't really expecting, let's be honest), and surprise surprise they didn't pay. But that's not what makes me upset.

I then found out that the person gets 500CC and additional 100CC every month I subscribe.

They can keep the 500, but I honestly do no want to feed someone else's dishonesty.

Do I deserve this? Yes. But can I at least so something about it? I hope so.

I don't think so, sadly. :( I'm sorry that happened; dishonesty shouldn't be rewarded.

Technically, you *could* report that person, but you'd have pretty shaky grounds for a report. Not paying credits for clicking a referral link is not a ban-able offense, and more likely would just be ignored by whoever handles reports.

Multiple posters in past threads have indicated they were able to contact customer service and have the referrer no longer receive credit for referring their account, so it would appear to be possible. From what I remember of those posts it depended on how clearly you were able to explain the situation to CS in terms of why the referrer should not receive credit, so focus on that and they should be able to make it happen for you.

You can reset the referal link by unsubbing for at least 90 days. After that time you can use someone else's link before you sub again. (You'll get the 7 days again, and they'll get the extra 500cc. If you just sub again, the old referral will still be active and they will just continue to get the 100cc per month) Edited by Mubrak

I accidentally clicked a link once and I talked to customer service and they were able to remove me from their link and then later I click on a friend's link and been linked since then.

Maybe try talking to customer service to have you removed from their link.

this might be a little annoying but i just started off the game and i wanted to get some cartel coins to star of so please click on my referral link it would help a lot

Welcome to the game. :) Referral links are not allowed in the main body of your post (even if you only post it once, it's considered spam and will likely be reported). You can, however, put them in your signature.

@OP: Glad to see I was wrong - maybe it IS possible to "un-use" someone's referral link. I hope you get this resolved! :)