What would you really be?

TalonVII

Maybe, but most could get into the Trooper job, as they just have to sign up and then go to boot camp. Last beyond one tour? That's a different question.

Many might shoot a politician like Saresh though, if they kept them on a planet like Taris for longer than their tour. :p

Proof anyone can be a trooper. Yours truly, 7 year veteran of the USMC. So I could easily pick up and become a trooper, problem is, do I want to do it? Answer. NOPE. Once was enough. Why BH or Smuggler.

Proof anyone can be a trooper. Yours truly, 7 year veteran of the USMC. So I could easily pick up and become a trooper, problem is, do I want to do it? Answer. NOPE. Once was enough. Why BH or Smuggler.

I don't believe most people would get it past the boot camp. What do you think, you've more xp with military.

Being a Trooper is NOT being a Rambo btw. There's a long, unslaked, ardorous walk from the boot camp to Rambo status.

And anyone could be a BH given a good armor and a good pair of augments. I mean, you don't even have to kill your quarry if you've issues with that. You can just sneak up, boink on the head with the pistol butt, Carbonite -> NEXT. Or you can use Snipers / LRMs to kill etc. But perhaps this'd be too free spirited vocation for some, granted.

Edited by Cuiwe

I don't believe most people would get it past the boot camp. What do you think, you've more xp with military.

Being a Trooper is NOT being a Rambo btw. There's a long, unslaked, ardorous walk from the boot camp to Rambo status.

And anyone could be a BH given a good armor and a good pair of augments. I mean, you don't even have to kill your quarry if you've issues with that. You can just sneak up, boink on the head with the pistol butt, Carbonite -> NEXT. Or you can use Snipers / LRMs to kill etc. But perhaps this'd be too free spirited vocation for some, granted.

Anyone can get past bootcamp based on 2 things.

1. Mental toughness.

2. The basic physical requirements.

And that's even Marine Corps Bootcamp. It's mostly mind over matter.

Anyone can get past bootcamp based on 2 things.

1. Mental toughness.

2. The basic physical requirements.

And that's even Marine Corps Bootcamp. It's mostly mind over matter.

But does "anyone" have those two? I wouldn't even so much as think about military for one. Because I don't necessarily have the drive. I just wander around(and I like it that way)...

Edited by Cuiwe

Of those four: Smuggler.

I can't lie for beans, so Agent is out. I didn't join the army in real life, so I won't delude myself to think I'd join the military in a fantasy world, so Trooper is out. Bounty Hunter? No. I shrink when I see a big guy walking by me at the bus; I wouldn't pick a fight with an armed and armored one for credits, even with my own armor and weapons.

A Smuggler nodoubt. I was in the Infantry and do have some combat experience so I could do a soldier or even agent. The freedom is nice though so probably end as Smuggler. I do tend to get a cause at times so the Smuggler that actually tries to help out when needed sounds good.

Even though i would like to be a BH I couldn't. Since I know myself it would be like: Hey, I am supposed to bring you to a Hutt, who will have you captured for decades!! What? You have a family you have to take care of?.... Very well, go.

Smuggler? Hmh I don't know too, most likely agent or trooper, but since I really wouldn't like to be part of the empire in RL where also your friends try to kill you it would end in being a trooper.