The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

To the DEV's and the community regarding Carrie Fisher

Tharandil

Disneyland Paris is honoring the late Carrie Fisher with a digital (younger) version of her in the Star Tours attraction. Can we please do some sort of tribute to the late princess Leia of Alderaan?

maybe a statue near the planetary hangar on Alderaan (Rep and Imp) that only says: "in memory of the princess of Alderaan" or something like that?!?

It would be nice to see that you acknowledge her contribution to the Star Wars universe, Disney is obviously fine with it.

Thoughts?

Disneyland Paris is honoring the late Carrie Fisher with a digital (younger) version of her in the Star Tours attraction. Can we please do some sort of tribute to the late princess Leia of Alderaan?

maybe a statue near the planetary hangar on Alderaan (Rep and Imp) that only says: "in memory of the princess of Alderaan" or something like that?!?

It would be nice to see that you acknowledge her contribution to the Star Wars universe, Disney is obviously fine with it.

Thoughts?

I like the idea but it has flaws in it.

The era is the TOR. Could you really make a memorial Holo of Leia in the past, since it is TOR?

If memory serves me, Padama died a Senator not a Queen. But being adopted by Bail Organa and Queen Breha of Alderaan, defiantly make Leia a Princess. But Because she was adopted you cant say, 'hey lets make an ancestor that looks just like her way back in TOR. Because they wouldn't know the future to know who the ancestors of Padama or Anakin For that matter will be. So the only way to do this is just to make a separate section of the Fleets and make it a in Memorial of the Real life people and the star wars characters they played in the films that has past on, in such as Carrie Fisher. Alec Guinness that played the original OBI WAN, & The dude that played R2-D2 and so forth. Would all make great starter Memorial HOLOS celebrating the real life people and their SW Characters....

Too me thats the only Plausible way to do it. and have it be separated from the game swtor.

There is my Thoughts......

Be well......

Carrie Fisher is an actress who played the role of a Princess in Star Wars - she is neither an actual princess nor actually part of the Star Wars universe. What you are asking would be similar to putting a statue of Tom Hanks (after he's dead, ofc) in some D-day memorial because he played a soldier in Saving Private Ryan.

Also, as mentioned above, Princess Leia doesn't exist in the old republic. It would be a bit incongruous to have a statue of an actress who played a character that doesn't exist yet.

Edited by JediQuaker