Harbinger LAG - MAJORLY BAD

americanaussie

So, wasn't it night before last, around the same time.. this was also reported for Harbinger, and one or two other west coast servers?

I ask because if you are seeing issues at the same time (early early morning hours west coast time).... does a pingplotter run show where their is latency between you and the server? It could very well be some backbone in California is doing early morning maintenance cycles that are disrupting things. Or.. pingplotter could show the source being at the server (which would be important to know in order to get the studio to act).

Edited by Andryah

What if the new lag is the result of last ditch transfers that are flooding in from the remaining servers.

I'm thinking that's the reason too. Last night, 3 more people I know moved from JC to Harb. Everybody in one server could be great or not so great... I guess we'll find out.

Edited by Tadagyt

So, wasn't it night before last, around the same time.. this was also reported for Harbinger, and one or two other west coast servers?

I ask because if you are seeing issues at the same time (early early morning hours west coast time).... does a pingplotter run show where their is latency between you and the server? It could very well be some backbone in California is doing early morning maintenance cycles that are disrupting things. Or.. pingplotter could show the source being at the server (which would be important to know in order to get the studio to act).

Sure. I will give ping plotter a go. I haven't experienced lag like that in a very long time. It happened to all of us as we chatted to the other team in gen chat. It was at the start of wz where everyone froze for a few seconds then it persisted. It happened again when the bomb detonated on the voidstar door and everyone froze in place for more than 5 seconds. I can tell you it wasn't my latency or connection because no one had the rubber band effect. I know when it's just me because people fly away. This time no one moved. It was awful.

The Harbinger is not alone. Also on the european server T3-M4 we have massive spike issues. Me and some guildies had up to 40k ms in warzones. Right now I play story and lost the connection to swtor and get thrown to the page you choose your server with the message (translated from german ^^) "can't access your character due to server maintenance" but all servers are up. This stuff happens the last 2-3 days, before everything was fine. All other internet connections on my pc work fine as well.

ok ok i just want to play swtor can we get a DEV RESPONSE TO THIS!!!!

almost 2 weeks after patch and still massive lag for some players, mine 110-200, usual around 80-90 (3 bars is not a good connection) and sometimes 2 bars,

I'm getting so used to 300ms it's like my new norm 😡

It's starting to become apparent that despite the profitability of charging a dollar per transfer the destination servers people are moving to simply cannot handle the out of region traffic. Harbinger has people from east coast USA, Europe, and Pan Pacific.

Side Note:

The server situation has been largely ignored and irrationally defended by RPG minded people defending their low pop server. If you are playing the new content it's about getting boxes through grinding group content. The toons I have on Harbinger are all Tier II and III. Toons I have elsewhere have their progression retarded by lack of pops and people to form groups with. I really hope they take a look at the server situation as I truly believe 'this game is dead' type posts will not be so persistent if remaining scattered players are brought together.......