Dialogue fix needed!

Xonell

So apparently the romance for a character in KOTFE gets locked in in the cantina scene, however the dialogue option makes it seem like you're only talking to Theron. Doing a search indicates that several people have pointed this out already. The [Flirt] indicator in this scene really needs to be clarified, because now my character is locked out of any romance. I shouldn't have to look up spoilers and work around tips just to be able to play the game. This is extremely frustrating.

Of course, making chapters truly replayable would fix this. For other Bioware games, people have save files. You can go back and fix things if you made a mistake, without having to completely redo hours of gameplay. In SWTOR, that's our only option.

So apparently the romance for a character in KOTFE gets locked in in the cantina scene, however the dialogue option makes it seem like you're only talking to Theron. Doing a search indicates that several people have pointed this out already. The [Flirt] indicator in this scene really needs to be clarified, because now my character is locked out of any romance. I shouldn't have to look up spoilers and work around tips just to be able to play the game. This is extremely frustrating.

Of course, making chapters truly replayable would fix this. For other Bioware games, people have save files. You can go back and fix things if you made a mistake, without having to completely redo hours of gameplay. In SWTOR, that's our only option.

The word is that replaying Chapters I to VIII (in order) on Veteran and then doing Chapter IX again will allow you another bite at the cherry. No guarantees, though.

Saw that suggestion too. Others have said that save state only exists for the chapter itself, and once you're done it doesn't stick.

These issues with basic mechanics and user friendliness are making me question why I came back. That, and the fact that it's pretty much single player now.

Edited by Xonell

I still fail to see how this is confusing...? :confused: There are two distinct options on the wheel.

- I want to talk to one of you.

- [Flirt] I want to talk to one of you.

I want to talk to one of you. Not "I want to talk to you," meaning the last person who spoke (which, I think, depending on the previous dialogue choices, is either Lana or Theron). The camera is looking at your character, possibly over a vague and blurry Theron's shoulder, or just looking full-on at your character with no one else in the frame.

How does that equate "Oh, the flirt option is meant for Theron alone"?

And if you wind up taking the "wrong" choice, as in selecting the [flirt] option, then choosing, say, Theron rather than Lana (if and ONLY if you've been flirting with both of them up until this point, otherwise you'll just automatically choose the one you have been flirting with)... there's always the escape key.

I'm sorry that the romance is messed up for you now, but no fix is needed - save, perhaps, in peoples' reading comprehension.

It's just a simple usability issue. Just because it was clear to one player does not mean it was clear to another. I know I'm not alone in misinterpreting it, so I have no problem bringing up this suggestion. I'm out my freebie 60 and the time I put into the character. THANK GOD I didn't do this on a character I leveled from 1-60 and became attached to. I feel really bad for the players who did that and ran into the same problem.

The game designers have to make several concepts clear to new players all at once:

a) There's a point at which a romance is "locked in".

b) You can only choose one of the three to "lock in".

c) You have to make the choice right now.

d) You cannot go back and change this decision. Replaying chapters will not alter previous decisions.

This could be fixed by a pop-up box confirming your choice. They do confirmation boxes for other things in the game. Important story-based choices should also get warning confirmation boxes. Or give players the chance to really redo chapters and change their choices. That would be nice.

Edited by Xonell