Iconic Vetaran armor for newcomers but not for true veterans of the game?

Ganden

I posted a question earlier in the Jedi Knight forum: link

I had a look through the character classes and their armor using the level 65 token available to us players. I thought I remembered that we could create a player, log in, unequip and mail the gear to our other characters because the gear was bound to legacy, then delete the character and retrieve our level 65 token.

I was very wrong. These gear items are now bound to the level 65 character.

I don't think I'm alone when I say that I like customising my characters' looks and having them look super cool. We want to enjoy what we see and don't want our gaming experience looking bland. After looking through the level 65 token characters, I found that these gear items are some of the coolest looking armor sets I've probably ever seen.

When I come to realise that these armor sets are available to new players but not us old vets, that doesn't sound very pleasing. But I hear people say, "Yeah but you can just create a new character and use that from now on and keep that character!"

Well, no. I don't want to do that. I have worked on my main characters since the launch of the game and I'm not going to dismiss them or waste a level 65 token on a character I might not stick with.

I ask that us veterans get the same access to these awesome looking armor sets alongside new players. As I explained, most of us don't want to just dismiss and disregard our characters that we've been playing with for years, having wasted a level 65 token.

They changed the token quite long ago, back when it was a start at 60 token. I can't remember why the armor sets of that time were changed from BoL but the tokens themselves were because people kept creating and deleting characters. That caused massive amounts of data to be stored and they did not like it. That was the official reason anyway.

They changed the token quite long ago, back when it was a start at 60 token. I can't remember why the armor sets of that time were changed from BoL but the tokens themselves were because people kept creating and deleting characters. That caused massive amounts of data to be stored and they did not like it. That was the official reason anyway.

That was the reason why the armor was changed from BOL to BOP.

People were "cheesing the system", creating new instant 60's sending the armor to other toons, then deleting the insta 60 and doing the same thing again. This creation and deletion of instant 60's is also the reason why the "rules" for token refund if an instant 60 or instant 65 is deleted were changed.

I do not blame BW for making the changes. I blame the people who were abusing the system.

That was the reason why the armor was changed from BOL to BOP.

People were "cheesing the system", creating new instant 60's sending the armor to other toons, then deleting the insta 60 and doing the same thing again. This creation and deletion of instant 60's is also the reason why the "rules" for token refund if an instant 60 or instant 65 is deleted were changed.

I do not blame BW for making the changes. I blame the people who were abusing the system.

I don't think players were abusing it. It was just a bad design. When I make a new character I delete them until I get the black/black dye from the cantina emails. I can turn around and put it in legacy gear too. Is that abuse? :o

I don't think players were abusing it. It was just a bad design. When I make a new character I delete them until I get the black/black dye from the cantina emails. I can turn around and put it in legacy gear too. Is that abuse? :o

It could quite possibly be considered abuse, I highly doubt that BW intended for players to create and delete new toons of any level to "cheese the system" to get what they want.

The difference between a level 1 character and level 60 or 65 character, though, is the amount of "data" attached to each character. That data needs to be tracked, recorded and maintained, even in the case of character deletion, as a player may claim later that they deleted that character "by mistake" and want that character restored.

I do wish these were accessible another way, but nearly all of the start at 60 and start at 65 gear has similar (often just recolored) versions that are available either by crafting or from alliance crates. What bothers me more are the new starter planet quest sets that were introduced with 5.0. Most of those are unique and not recolors so they are only available to a lvl 1 started post 5.0.

These should be hard to get schematics that crafters can make. Columi, Rakata, Black Hole, Tionese, Champion, Fire Brand, Verpine and everything up until they started making one style fits all generic armor like what we presently have would embolden the economy of the game.

Most of us around back then were so poor we ended up vendoring our purple gear just so we could buy the basics needed for raiding. If we knew they would be wiped from the game at some point we would've held onto them like a badge of honor showing new players how retro cool we were.

Side note: Occasionally someone will return to the playing the game arriving at fleet in a full set of Rakata and it certinally has a nostalgic appeal. On a fleet full of cosmetic cartel apparel these newly returned certainly look distinguished.

Players were definitely abusing the intent of the armor sets. The studio specifically stated this when they changed them to BoP.

Honestly.. every single piece craved here is available from other sources in game... often multiple sources and multiple qualities of gear for each.. which with appearance tabs means you can easily use them for appearance purposes if you meet the level criteria.

As for the stats on the gear.. with 5.0.. you can choose any modable gear of your choice, go to fleet, and buy up unlimited mods to use (at very low prices in credits) and load in new mods every 4 levels if you want to keep the gear current until you level cap. So even this is no reason to complain that they closed an abuse loophole used by players.

I can see how it is abusing the system. But these armor sets should be made equally available to newly created characters and older characters who are established.

At the moment they're not. Some classes might have these armor sets available via crafting, but I haven't found some of the other sets anywhere at all.

I can see how it is abusing the system. But these armor sets should be made equally available to newly created characters and older characters who are established.

At the moment they're not. Some classes might have these armor sets available via crafting, but I haven't found some of the other sets anywhere at all.

The level 60 sets are the same as the Alliance crate drops in the "Arkanian" sets, except the helmets. For that you'll need to buy a headset from the Adaptive Gear Vendor on the Fleet or your capital world.

The level 60 sets are the same as the Alliance crate drops in the "Arkanian" sets, except the helmets. For that you'll need to buy a headset from the Adaptive Gear Vendor on the Fleet or your capital world.

The ones I want are the 65 sets. They're the cool ones :jawa_biggrin:

The ones I want are the 65 sets. They're the cool ones :jawa_biggrin:

I quite like the Arkanian Inquisitor / insta-60 Inquisitor set, and the trooper one's not bad. But yeah, the 65 sets are nice, especially the Warrior one. (On the other hand, Heartless Pursuer set from the CM is better than either of the token BH sets. Well, I think so, anyway.)

I was actually just about to make a thread about this armor. I'm looking for the one the trooper wears in the character creation screen when using the level 65 token. I know that it was available back in the old days as armor you could buy with commendations, and now I think it's available under the title Underworld _______ armor.

Sadly, no one is ever selling it and I have no idea where one would get the schematics for it.

Is that style available elsewhere, like as a reward or drop at the higher levels? I've not seen it on the Trade Network.

Edited by Moonstorm

I was actually just about to make a thread about this armor. I'm looking for the one the trooper wears in the character creation screen when using the level 65 token. I know that it was available back in the old days as armor you could buy with commendations, and now I think it's available under the title Underworld _______ armor.

Sadly, no one is ever selling it and I have no idea where one would get the schematics for it.

Is that style available elsewhere, like as a reward or drop at the higher levels? I've not scene it on the Trade Network.

It's a recolor of the Remnant Underworld Trooper armor which you get from alliance crates. http://torf.mmo-fashion.com/remnant-underworld-trooper/

I'm sorry this isn't quite what the OP is about, but does anyone know what piece of chest armor the agent is wearing when you create a level one character? It's the regular gray imperial uniform but with more black around the shoulders and chest.. I'd be eternally grateful to know where this could be obtained.

You know what, I just found it, nevermind!

Edited by grania

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.