The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Heroic Missions Possessed Hunter and Saving Face

DeiSeth

So, I'm sure everyone has had this issue where in Possessed Hunter, Valen takes what seems like forever to respawn. And in Saving Face, someone who isn't in your group comes up to help with the champion at the end and mistakenly or purposely depending on the individual, gets the last hit and kills him causing yourself or group members to not be able to accomplish the quest. Of course you can just restart the quest for Saving Face, however it doesn't solve the issue of it happening again. And for the Possessed Hunter, grouping up and stealing the kill from solo players doesn't solve the issue, just to get that out of the way.

I'm open to suggestions and opinions, but mine is to basically turn these two into phases as most are. This would eliminate the respawn which I think is like a 10 minute cool down or maybe not I'm not entirely sure. It would also help with any issue of others coming in and taking the kill by mistake or the trolls. This is again just my suggestion and opinion. Thought I'd bring up a thread about it because it's a tad frustrating for me and I'm sure for others.

So, I'm sure everyone has had this issue where in Possessed Hunter, Valen takes what seems like forever to respawn. And in Saving Face, someone who isn't in your group comes up to help with the champion at the end and mistakenly or purposely depending on the individual, gets the last hit and kills him causing yourself or group members to not be able to accomplish the quest. Of course you can just restart the quest for Saving Face, however it doesn't solve the issue of it happening again. And for the Possessed Hunter, grouping up and stealing the kill from solo players doesn't solve the issue, just to get that out of the way.

I'm open to suggestions and opinions, but mine is to basically turn these two into phases as most are. This would eliminate the respawn which I think is like a 10 minute cool down or maybe not I'm not entirely sure. It would also help with any issue of others coming in and taking the kill by mistake or the trolls. This is again just my suggestion and opinion. Thought I'd bring up a thread about it because it's a tad frustrating for me and I'm sure for others.

I agree that the possessed hunter quest might be relatively easy to instance by putting an instance portal at the beginning of the hallway, but how would you instance saving face, which is in the open world?

I think any discussion on issues such as these is good, b, unfortunately, ultimately futile. Unless I am mistaken, BW has indicated that they do not plan to go back and make any adjustments or changes, at least with regards to the 1-50 content, and possibly any previous content.

I agree that the possessed hunter quest might be relatively easy to instance by putting an instance portal at the beginning of the hallway, but how would you instance saving face, which is in the open world?

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that. I suppose it's because I always use the teleport and then don't pay much attention to the fact it's at the bottom of an elevator. I didn't know they wouldn't change anything either. Been away for about 2 years now. So, that's news to me. I appreciate that.

Issue a group invite on saving face if someone is helping you, then the problem would be solved as both would get credits. Once he is down you can leave group and go on your way.

I have issued an invite when someone wants to help on that and then I leave group and go do the rest of the heroic. I tend to go directly toward the chamion's tent and call him out before I finish killing the rest.

I think any discussion on issues such as these is good, b, unfortunately, ultimately futile. Unless I am mistaken, BW has indicated that they do not plan to go back and make any adjustments or changes, at least with regards to the 1-50 content, and possibly any previous content.

It may even be for the best - messing with it could make it buggy and no one wants that.

Far as Possessed Hunter/Saving Face is concerned (and this really isn't meant as a perfect solution) I only do those heroics if I'm on a lowbie with few options. And even then I'll only do them early in the morning. I like grouping for them just fine but that doesn't help me when they refused the invite.

Edited by grania