The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Warning: Tuning Effects Do NOT Unlock in Collections

Wulfcaen

This is a general suggestion for the Bioware SWTOR development team:

Excited by the direct sale of the Lightning Tuning Effect, I purchased one for 1800 CC, assuming with complete certainty that this item was, as lightsabers and color crystals, an unlockable item in my collections. Upon buying the item, I immediately found out that this was not the case. I was a bit crestfallen. I admit to some degree of fault for having made the assumption, however; I would make the strong suggestion that this fact *could* be noted clearly in the item's description on the Cartel Market.

Such an infopoint on the item would erase any confusion or ambiguity about the item for future patrons of your game, and thereby eliminate any unnecessary frustration at mistakenly assuming the item would unlock as a collection item.

The best way to keep people happy in any deal is to make sure they have clear and accurate expectations of what the deal is.

Thank you for your time, and may the force be with you,

- Wulfcaen

I did not buy one, but I do agree.

I do not think that it is too much to ask that cartel market items that can not be unlocked in collections have a note stating as much in their description.

Just add it to either the beginning or the end of the item description on all such items to minimize confusion and potential hard feelings.

Edited by Mithros

While I understand *why* they are leaving Tunings as not-unlockable, and I think it makes sense, ...

Well, it *is* possible to infer from the item tooltip that it won't unlock - the tooltip doesn't make any mention of the unlock status of a Tuning - it is *always* better to be explicit. Perhaps the statuses should be:

* Unlocked for at least one character

* Unlocked for account

* Cannot be unlocked.

And of course some people will just say, "Ohhhh shiny!" and buy it without reading the tooltip, so yes, a warning on the "item details" view (the view that's just words, no tooltip-able icon) that the item cannot be unlocked in Collections.

And of course a guy with a baseball bat to go and remonstrate with the people who buy it anyway even with the warning and then complain that they bought this thing and it can't be unlocked. He'll be a busy bunny.

There is nothing to warn about. If someone can't take 10 seconds to read the tool tip, realize that it mentions nothing in it about being unlocked via collections, that should hopefully make someone question that it doesn't. A quick in-game chat question, forum search or even a google search would tell you this in two seconds.

Also unlike other Cartel Market items, it is bound to legacy and can be sent to any toon. Normal armor and weapons are bound to your character that unlocked them which is another difference.

Simple research and questioning the item should be enough to warrant a quick 3 min search to get the answer. Just because an item is sold directly in the cartel market from a pack should never assume its a different item all together.

It's no different then needing on a piece of gear just based on the name only and not checking the item level or stats in the tool tip to see if it's better gear. I've seen that as well where players blame BW because the name is confusing when the tool tip gives you all the information you need. Same with the Cartel Market. The tool tip never mentions anywhere about collections unlock.

See the following link here

You'll get either of these:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=884756

http://dulfy.net/2016/05/03/swtor-weapon-tunings-guide/

Edited by Nightblazer

This is a general suggestion for the Bioware SWTOR development team:

Excited by the direct sale of the Lightning Tuning Effect, I purchased one for 1800 CC, assuming with complete certainty that this item was, as lightsabers and color crystals, an unlockable item in my collections. Upon buying the item, I immediately found out that this was not the case. I was a bit crestfallen. I admit to some degree of fault for having made the assumption, however; I would make the strong suggestion that this fact *could* be noted clearly in the item's description on the Cartel Market.

- Wulfcaen

Assuming with complete certainty? lol

Also unlike other Cartel Market items, it is bound to legacy

No, it isn't legacy bound. It is unbound, timer bound, or character bound. Unlike armour and weapons, but *like* colour crystals, it can be put into legacy-bound weapons and transferred to other characters, even after being character bound.

And they want us to not be able to unlock it across all our characters for extract/insert credits like we can with crystals.