How to link up with GSF group/guild

knightrossm

I've been playing GSF for close to a couple of years now and would like to know: are there GSF guilds out there? How are these huge ops groups of veteran pilots formed? Looks like I have to join a group to survive despite my best efforts!

Welcome to Terminus...those who arrive survive

Your best bet is Shadowlands Reconnaissance Wing (srw) on the Shadowlands server. There are guilds that GSF, but they are the only real GSF guild.

Edited by Lendul

In the EU, most pilots know one another by name at least. They use the GSF channel to chat and announce pops.

The ones that are on regularly and invite one another to group up - which puts you in priority in the queue. If the group is bigger than 4 people, they form an ops group. Sometimes they hang out together, but it doesn't stop you from doing most things separately until a match starts - though an ops group can't go into an instanced area.

If people aren't inviting you, invite them. At least add them as friends so you know when they're online.

I expect it's pretty much the same on the more populated US servers too.

If you get a crowd that are non-guilded but often hook up, you could form a guild of your own.

Once you get to know people, they might share their opposite faction names with you, so you can fly together as Imperials or Republics. If they have alts on the other side, that is.

Welcome to Terminus...those who arrive survive

Your best bet is Shadowlands Reconnaissance Wing (srw) on the Shadowlands server. The are guilds that GSF, but they are the only real GSF guild.

Ah man, I'm on Harbinger. My main who is the GSF Toon I have is pretty invested in that server too :(

Something to think about though, either switching or creating a new toon on Shadowlands. Greatly appreciate the advice!

SRW that is, <Shadowlands Reconnaissance Wing> is home based on the Shadowlands server, but they have branch offices as it were pretty much everywhere.

If you see pilots with SWR in their name there's a good chance it's them.

Other than that use /cjoin GSF to join the server GSF chat channel and ask to group up.

There is also a GSF Discord server, and that's a good place to check out which experienced flyers are where at the moment, though of course not everyone uses it.

In the EU, most pilots know one another by name at least. They use the GSF channel to chat and announce pops.

The ones that are on regularly and invite one another to group up - which puts you in priority in the queue. If the group is bigger than 4 people, they form an ops group. Sometimes they hang out together, but it doesn't stop you from doing most things separately until a match starts - though an ops group can't go into an instanced area.

If people aren't inviting you, invite them. At least add them as friends so you know when they're online.

I expect it's pretty much the same on the more populated US servers too.

If you get a crowd that are non-guilded but often hook up, you could form a guild of your own.

Once you get to know people, they might share their opposite faction names with you, so you can fly together as Imperials or Republics. If they have alts on the other side, that is.

Wow, very helpful thank you! I guess I treat the "friend" feature with the same gravity one might a FB add, I've never friended anyone on SWTOR who I didn't actually know IRL. (Dumb, I know)

Sounds like one advantage to GSF have such a low pop, what a cool thing that the "pilots" out there on the server know each other! I'll take that suggestion and start friending some pub side GSF players on Harbinger and see how it goes.

Thank you!!

Wow, very helpful thank you! I guess I treat the "friend" feature with the same gravity one might a FB add, I've never friended anyone on SWTOR who I didn't actually know IRL. (Dumb, I know)

Sounds like one advantage to GSF have such a low pop, what a cool thing that the "pilots" out there on the server know each other! I'll take that suggestion and start friending some pub side GSF players on Harbinger and see how it goes.

Thank you!!

NP. Glad to help.

- And TBH sometimes if I log in at prime-time it's like the show 'Cheers' when Norm comes into the bar. - Except my name's not 'Norman' :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.