The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

System alerts on launcher

Lefali

They have system alert about maintenance 4 days forward with no way how to "not notice that" on launcher - I have to cancel it, so I can play the game. I cannot see the purpose of that because if I need to know when the servers will be down I can always check myself on this pages, otherwise I don't care, and there is red text about it on the login page too.

So is there some reason for this? People do not like pop up windows usually, so why they do this?

& most people dont have a problem with it. if one is that bothersome about something so trivial, may have issues, better seek out a therapist, Because a Courtesy notification, isnt their real problem?

I don't see spam being "courtesy of notification". I guess you have some issues with that? Usually someone who does the same will defend someone elses crap like that...

Because if I am reminded of servers every time I log in, it is spam for me. Now if some players were asking about it they could tell them that it is on the main page and do not care about the rest - like why they should suddenly think that it is such a problem if they don't care about other things other players do have problem with? So it is not like it was so needed, but if that was bothering them so much that they decide that they will annoy every player with that every time he will try to play their game for 4 days forward because of a few individuals - I have to ask question: who is bothering whom and who is the spammer here? With a lot of spamming players they do nothing about I can see that annoying players is really not a problem for them...

Edited by Lefali

I don't have a problem with the alert itself, though it can be annoying. Yesterday I had problems with connection and had to quit and start the launcher about a dozen times - it got tedious quickly. But to be fair, it was my problem. I don't think the devs are going to implement any sort of "turn off alert screen" option though.

What I found more annoying was the fact that it started on Saturday - four days before the patch itself. I think they didn't put up the alert that early before. I even thought the patch was going to arrive on Sunday evening before I noticed the date. I just don't think there is much point in issuing the alert that early. They didn't even reveal patch notes until Monday.