bolster should be 242 for unranked

Jensaga

and leave it out of ranked. that was the serious pvpers can go do ranked and maybe the queue wont be so long and the people who are just trying to farm up some gear dont have to stomped all afternoon by players with better gear in regs.

and leave it out of ranked. that was the serious pvpers can go do ranked and maybe the queue wont be so long and the people who are just trying to farm up some gear dont have to stomped all afternoon by players with better gear in regs.

It's funny that this is the 25,000,000th time I read that poor gearing-up characters just plain get stomped on by the evil, geared-to-the-teeth baddies that farm them all day and night.

Most of my gear is still old 208 and somehow I don't get just stomped on because of gear. Maybe my bolster is bugged?

Especially ranked should be about skill so we would also like to see high bolster there. If you play ranked you will find out that the "serious" ranked players often do not run around in full 242 because they care less about gear and don't grind e.g. uprisings.

I consider myself a serious ranked player and the only thing I care about is setbonus and relics. I queue with now 4 Chars in old 208 pvp gear and I am competitive with that. By removing bolster I couldn't play them anymore.

But beware: Even with all players equally geared, "people who do PvP for gear", e.g. CXP-grinders, will still be stomped in regs.

So I would like to see high bolster for both regs and ranked to end the discussion about gear as the origin of players being stomped.

I really wonder what excuse they would find then though. Or would they actually start to consider keybinding and kiting and finding out everything about their class?

Edited by Bobby_McDonald

i remember old times when u could gear up for day in tier 1 pvp gear ( for usual warzone comms ) and there were still lots of people in green or other ****** gear in wzs and even in solo ranked, wihout augments (even blue) or sorcs with shield/absorb

p.s . although u can craft 240 gear for VMC ,stabilizers which you get for doing dailies /weeklies

Edited by zhradik

It's funny that this is the 25,000,000th time I read that poor gearing-up characters just plain get stomped on by the evil, geared-to-the-teeth baddies that farm them all day and night.

Most of my gear is still old 208 and somehow I don't get just stomped on because of gear. Maybe my bolster is bugged?

ok mr 208. go duel a 242 sniper and tell me how it goes.

if you arent getting mashed at old 208, you arent fighting 242 geared players.

pvp in this game is not about 1 vs 1 tho

You tend to get in 1 v 1s a lot of the time though, and even if it is 8 on 8. If your whole team has 208s and they all have 242s, unless you post a video otherwise proving this, you will get roflstomped.

You tend to get in 1 v 1s a lot of the time though, and even if it is 8 on 8. If your whole team has 208s and they all have 242s, unless you post a video otherwise proving this, you will get roflstomped.

There's bolster at rating 232 or 234 (I don't remember exactly, sorry), so having 208s in warzones is more like a 232 vs 242. And it's not that big of a difference.

You people all act like warzones were regularly sooooo close that their outcomes only depend on a few percent extra stats. I really want to see those games, because in my experience, they are insanely one-sided and unless better gear gave like 60% extra stats (IQ included), the result would've been just the same.

No one wants to say "I got beat because he played better than me" or "we got beat because they played better than we did". The easiest thing to whine about is gear. If they fixed gear to all bolster to the same level, instead of gear and premade threads, we'd have just premade threads. If they fixed premades then we'd have Imps always in threads. If they fixed that we'd have class_that_I'm_not_playing threads. If they fixed that, the last two people playing this game would just start throwing poo at each other.

There's bolster at rating 232 or 234 (I don't remember exactly, sorry), so having 208s in warzones is more like a 232 vs 242. And it's not that big of a difference.

You people all act like warzones were regularly sooooo close that their outcomes only depend on a few percent extra stats. I really want to see those games, because in my experience, they are insanely one-sided and unless better gear gave like 60% extra stats (IQ included), the result would've been just the same.

Um, just changing from a 230 barrel to a 236 barrel gives a mosntrous boost to damage, I cant even imagine what 242 is like, and then going from FULL 232 to full 242 is a RIDICULOUS difference, it is about a 10 k difference in just health health, not to mention damage reduction, alacrity increase, and crit increase. Anyone who thinks it isn't a big difference should post pictures of someone wearing 232 gear, and then wearing full 242 gear, what do you have to lose, aside the argument.

Anyone who thinks it isn't a big difference should post pictures of someone wearing 232 gear, and then wearing full 242 gear, what do you have to lose, aside the argument.

We've gone through this already:

A few points to keep in mind:

1. This was done using the bolsterizer, I am not 100% sure if that matches the bolster of an actual match.

2. For some reason I could not find my second 208 relic, so I used a 230 one instead.

3. Last, but probably most important, when I started gearing I used my 208 combat medic set as a base, so all my 208 augments have been replaced. Meaning in this comparison it is using unagmented 208's vs 228 augmented 240/242's. That is going to make a bit of difference.

Bolsterizer Screenshots

We've gone through this already:

That increase in alacrity is just downright insane. And I do not want to be paranoid, but I would like to see the gear ratings piece for piece, otherwise honestly, people could just SAY it is 208s and 242s.

That increase in alacrity is just downright insane. And I do not want to be paranoid, but I would like to see the gear ratings piece for piece, otherwise honestly, people could just SAY it is 208s and 242s.

that would require a lot of SS's and you'd still have no "guarantee" that they didn't take those SS's and then just switch back for the final one.

also about the alacrity, that would be the augment issue I mentioned, the 208's were not augmented.

that would require a lot of SS's and you'd still have no "guarantee" that they didn't take those SS's and then just switch back for the final one.

also about the alacrity, that would be the augment issue I mentioned, the 208's were not augmented.

Ok, cuz that was crazy!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.