Legendary Status -Planetary / Class Quests

OGtubbs

Legendary only means that you've done all eight *class* stories. Planetary stories have nothing to do with it. (That said, you wouldn't be "wasting your time" if you want to see the planetary stories, too; some of them are quite fun.)

So i am working on the legendary status, was wondering if there is any benefit to doing both Planetary and Class quests, so far i have been wondering if i am just wasting time?

In order to get the legendary status, you just have to compete all the class stories (chapter 1-3) of each class. The planetary quest, while technically not needed for the legendary status do contain story elements that help flesh out the overall story of the game. I'd suggest doing them all at least once if you haven't done them before. This includes all the "solo" flashpoint as well if you're not big into grouping.

Thank you very much, both of you.

Im returning from launch and everything seems new so i think i will do it on the toon i am currently working on, and naybe just the class on the rest..

The planetary missions and the bonus series for the planets are best done on one Republic and one Imperial character.

Balmorra - Imperial first, then Republic

Taris - Republic first, then Imperial

You can always get the planetary stories later.

As long as the XP buff is running class stories are more than enough to keep your character at or ahead of the appropriate level for each planet as you go.

Once you get through the class stories you can pick your favorite characters on each side and then go back and do the planetary stories.

The level cap will keep them from being too trivial, but if you want more of a challenge you can equip some low-level gear and try it that way.

Point is, you will get to see all the planetary stories, it won't slow down your achieving legendary status, and you will be able to play through with whatever class you like most after playing them all through their stories and becoming familiar with their mechanics.