The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Decoration packs

bncsmom

I know there's the "grand deco pack" that's offered from time to time, but I'd like to see a decoration pack more like the regular packs, that offer four to six items per pack, three to four of them decos pulled from all available Cartel Market decos and maybe a few new decos exclusive to this pack, with a guarantee of 1-2 greens, 1-2 blue, and a chance at 1 gold per pack, plus jawa scrap and a potential for a cartel certificate.

I would love this! I like the idea of very thematic packs as well as some random assortments. For example, I'd love a "Strongholds Assortment Pack" which gives us random decos from the stronghold packs. Or there could be themed packs like:

Sith Pack: Sith lords and acolytes of multiple species and designs, altars, training dummies, holocrons, weapons racks, trophies, chairs and tables, libraries (the purple ones you see in Korriban), artifacts, etc

Jedi Pack: Jedi Masters and Padawans of multiple species and designs, meditation chambers, beds, saber practice dummies, chairs and tables, holocrons, libraries, artifacts, etc

Imperial/Republic Troops Pack: (multiple types of each in faction-appropriate gear) ground troop soldiers, fighter pilots, naval officers and enlisted, formal guards, weapons racks, lockers, propaganda posters, armor stands, consoles and terminals, etc

Civilian Personnel Pack: nobles in fancy outfits, bartenders, dancers of both genders, serving people, mechanics, people just hanging out and talking, manual laborers, slaves, etc

Alderaan Pack: the House banners and flags for every house shown in game*, a selection of men and women in the livery of each House, that four-person sculpture you find in some Alderaan houses, that curvy sculpture, some formal garden or plant arrangements, some elegant tables or chairs or desks, a few animals or pets to place like nerfs or manka cats, etc

Underworld Pack: bounty hunters, mercenaries, smugglers, criminals, trophy displays, exotic weapons, armor racks, racks of gems and precious items, liquor and spice cabinets, etc

I love the Luxury, Republic/Imperial, Underworld direct buy packs we have on the CM already. But those haven't been updated in years. Adding some targeted packs for specific themes I think would be awesome, and really help people who are trying to get a certain aesthetic for their stronghold. These packs could re-release existing decos from packs off the market and include some new ones as well as incentive.

(*because not all have been released, we're still missing at least Teral, Organa, Cortess. My Consular wants a Teral banner for his service and my Agent would love the Cortess one, that sword design is fantastic.)

I know there's the "grand deco pack" that's offered from time to time, but I'd like to see a decoration pack more like the regular packs, that offer four to six items per pack, three to four of them decos pulled from all available Cartel Market decos and maybe a few new decos exclusive to this pack, with a guarantee of 1-2 greens, 1-2 blue, and a chance at 1 gold per pack, plus jawa scrap and a potential for a cartel certificate.

4-6 items, guaranteed greens and blues, Jawa scrap, plus a chance at a gold, AND a chance at a cartel certificate?

Is there anything else you would like BW to add to this pack? A guaranteed vented lightsaber perhaps?

Exactly what you expect them to set as a price for this pack?

If BW were to release a pack with all the things you want, I would expect it to be priced at a minimum of 1000 CC's. Then we can read all the complaints about the price on the forums as people blast BW for not giving all that away for a pittance.

I would like to see more sales on decorations offered in the Cartel Market, more variety of direct sale items offered, sale of Bronze/Silver/Gold decoration packs more often, and more themed backs like the Iokath decoration set. Adding a Cartel Certificate drop chance to packs would make me more inclined to purchase them.

I would rather pay more CC for a good chance of getting something I can use.

Edited by Xina_LA

Sounds like a good idea. I tend to buy more decoration packs than I do any of the other packs since I am redoing two of my strongholds. I not a fan of the other packs when you may or may not get a decoration and most of the outfits in the newest packs, well let's say not something I like.

4-6 items, guaranteed greens and blues, Jawa scrap, plus a chance at a gold, AND a chance at a cartel certificate?

Is there anything else you would like BW to add to this pack? A guaranteed vented lightsaber perhaps?

Exactly what you expect them to set as a price for this pack?

If BW were to release a pack with all the things you want, I would expect it to be priced at a minimum of 1000 CC's. Then we can read all the complaints about the price on the forums as people blast BW for not giving all that away for a pittance.

Why, because they set that price for the regular packs? Oh, wait...

The regular packs, in which you get a chance at weapons, armor sets, pets, emotes, etc, all within the same pack, have 4-6 items each pack, and they cost 200-300 CCs per pack, if bought individually. Why is it so far outside the realm of expectation that they would do this for strongholds?

Edited by bncsmom

I would like to see more sales on decorations offered in the Cartel Market, more variety of direct sale items offered, sale of Bronze/Silver/Gold decoration packs more often, and more themed backs like the Iokath decoration set. Adding a Cartel Certificate drop chance to packs would make me more inclined to purchase them.

I would rather pay more CC for a good chance of getting something I can use.

The Iokath pack is what got me thinking about this. I don't see why they don't offer a stronghold pack with just stronghold items in it from time to time and I suggested a chance at a Cartel Cert because it'd be nice to be able to have a way to get them again, other than the super rare drop from the contraband slot machine. I think a pack like what I described would be popular, if only to purchase and open for GTN sales, though personally I'd want the decos for my own strongholds and guild stronghold/flagship.

Direct sale items are nice, but they tend to offer them at extremely high CC prices and I would personally rather buy a pack with a chance at several items for 200-300CC for the pack (or a hypercrate of the packs) than pay 1200 to ___ for a direct sale item, like they've been doing recently.

Sounds like a good idea. I tend to buy more decoration packs than I do any of the other packs since I am redoing two of my strongholds. I not a fan of the other packs when you may or may not get a decoration and most of the outfits in the newest packs, well let's say not something I like.

Yep, same. The outfits are slight redesigns of old outfits and aren't very imaginative, especially for force-users. The best one they came out with recently for force-users was the Alliance Emissary's set, in my opinion. So, recently I don't buy packs for much more than the stronghold decos, but those are few and far between compared to the numerous copies of partial armor boxes (lower this, upper that...) we often find in hypercrates.