Jorgan no longer gives me conversations?

TheRandomWolf

Hello there. My Trooper is Level 70 and I just finished Voss... I've had A LOT of conversations with Dorne... but the last one I had with Jorgan was something about Nar Shadaa. Ever since that mission, there has been nothing. I was hoping to develop a romantic relationship with him, but it seems like that won't be possible? Every single time I finish a planet, all of my companions have something to share... except for him. I tried to do some digging but came out empty-handed. :confused:

Last talk I had with him was either still during Chapter 1 or early in Chapter 2. Now I'm at Chapter 3... and still nothing. And I've brought him with me most of the time while questing. Dorne was the one who got injured and got unavailable for some time. After she was back she was working perfectly fine.

P.S: I have finished the Class Story. All of my companions have given me new conversations... except for Jorgan. I have no idea why this is happening... There has to be something that I can do. I do not wish to delete this character and start over. This was my very first character in SWTOR and I've poured too many hours into her by now.

Edited by TheRandomWolf

Hrm, have you checked if you already have a mission from him that you have to go somewhere to do? Maybe it's untracked so it's not noticeable? That's my first thought.

As you can see here, these are the only missions that I have: http://i.imgur.com/OWVpaUk.png

Nothing about Jorgan. And I know that KOTFE/KOTET erase all of the previous Story missions, but I haven't started it. I simply accepted it by accident a while ago.

Well if accepting the kotfe mission was the problem, then all the companion missions would have ended abruptly, yes? Not just Jorgan's. So I suppose it can't be that.

Anyone else have any ideas? Is it normal for Jorgan to stop talking for a long time? Been awhile since I leveled a trooper.

Well if accepting the kotfe mission was the problem, then all the companion missions would have ended abruptly, yes? Not just Jorgan's. So I suppose it can't be that.

Anyone else have any ideas? Is it normal for Jorgan to stop talking for a long time? Been awhile since I leveled a trooper.

Yes, if I had accepted KOTFE the entire Class Story would have been compromised, including chats with the companions and other major expansions such as Shadow of Revan and its aftermath.

Hopefully Jorgan's conversations will be available once I'm done with the Class Story. Kira still had plenty to say and do after I was done on my Jedi Knight.

Accepting the Quest for KotFE blocks you from further progression in Class and Companion Missions.

And since you have it in your Questlog you accepted it.

So to say sorry if you want to Complete Jorgan you will have to restart an Trooper.

Edited by Ahrngrim

Accepting the Quest for KotFE blocks you from further progression in Class and Companion Missions.

And since you have it in your Questlog you accepted it.

So to say sorry if you want to Complete Jorgan you will have to restart an Trooper.

That doesn't make any sense. I still have conversations with the rest of my squad and I'm still proceeding with the Class Story. When I click on the PLAY button, a huge pop-up appears with a warning regarding this same issue. I haven't tried it on my Trooper just for the sake of it, but when I did so on my Knight, it was there. Accepting the quest from the ship's terminal did not teleport me anywhere. The task it gives me is to click play(http://i.imgur.com/VNjmUtb.png)

But maybe the pop-up doesn't appear anymore because it already did on my JK? Maybe Jorgan is the only one affected because I can forge a relationship with him and he returns in KOTFE? But... doesn't KOTFE strictly affect the Class Story and its progression?

And this is me right now: http://i.imgur.com/2wvhGTl.png

Edited by TheRandomWolf

Accepting the KoTFE mission from your ship's terminal does not halt companion conversations. Starting the mission does and it does still give a warning. I just did this on one of my toons to verify. Mission is in my log and I can still speak to my companions.

It's been a while since I've played my troopers but I seem to recall a long period where Jorgan didn't speak to me and there weren't any quests for him either. Then in chapter 3 there were a ton. Companion convos unlock as part of the story now and not by affection/influence so maybe you just need to keep on and see if anything unlocks during Voss/Correllia.

Again, it's been a while so I may be mistaken but I do remember being irked that he was silent for so long.

Jorgan has a mission series in his conversations, IIRC it opens up around Tatooine. Starting KotFE locks out companion missions, so his conversation arc cannot be completed once you start KotFE.

As it says when you try and start KotFE

Warning! You are about to progress beyond a critical story point and begin Knights of the Fallen Empire. Any class content or companion stories you have not completed will become unavailable to you. It also means your crew of available companions will dramatically change.

Aric Jorgan has a companion story with missions. You can't complete the requisite missions to advance his conversation track after starting KotFE.

I also can confirm that merely accepting the KOTFE mission and having it in your log does not affect your other class/companions missions. You must actually hit PLAY and then accept the two prompts that warn you about KOTFE closing out all class missions. I put KOTFE in my log by mistake as well and was able to continue doing SOR and Ziost with no problems. Just don't hit PLAY.

I'm guessing that you are probably just encountering a natural gap in Aric's missions. Some companions will do that and not speak to you for long stretches of time. The fact that everyone else is giving you missions as usual tells me that your class story is progressing just fine. I wouldn't worry about Aric and just keep on progressing in the class story. Eventually he should have something to say. I also recall him taking a long time to warm up.

Edited by CloudCastle

....I'm guessing that you are probably just encountering a natural gap in Aric's missions. Some companions will do that and not speak to you for long stretches of time. The fact that everyone else is giving you missions as usual tells me that your class story is progressing just fine. I wouldn't worry about Aric and just keep on progressing in the class story. Eventually he should have something to say. I also recall him taking a long time to warm up.

It's THIS.... judging by the mission you're on now, he'll be pretty silent for a little while longer. Just keep playing through the class story tho.... he'll be angrily ranting about "stuff" before you know it. ;)

I also can confirm that merely accepting the KOTFE mission and having it in your log does not affect your other class/companions missions. You must actually hit PLAY and then accept the two prompts that warn you about KOTFE closing out all class missions. I put KOTFE in my log by mistake as well and was able to continue doing SOR and Ziost with no problems. Just don't hit PLAY.

I'm guessing that you are probably just encountering a natural gap in Aric's missions. Some companions will do that and not speak to you for long stretches of time. The fact that everyone else is giving you missions as usual tells me that your class story is progressing just fine. I wouldn't worry about Aric and just keep on progressing in the class story. Eventually he should have something to say. I also recall him taking a long time to warm up.

Thank you for the confirmation. I'm almost done with Chapter 3. I'll update this thread whether or not Aric actually had anything new to say.

Thank you for the confirmation. I'm almost done with Chapter 3. I'll update this thread whether or not Aric actually had anything new to say.

Just had a thought. Have you tried going on your ship and clicking on him anyway? Might be worth a shot just in case his triangle isn't lighting up for some reason. He should definitely have more to say by the end of Chap 3 at least.

It's THIS.... judging by the mission you're on now, he'll be pretty silent for a little while longer. Just keep playing through the class story tho.... he'll be angrily ranting about "stuff" before you know it. ;)

I... I'm afraid that I have bad news. I just finished the main Class Story. Now I'm off to Ilum... all of my companions have something to say... except for Jorgan.... There is nothing. And nothing is going to happen'. And I don't know why. Everything's working out fine.. why can't I talk to him? Why can't I start a romance relationship with him? This doesn't make any sense... :(

I have sent a Ticket via in-game.. but I find it unlikely that something will be done about this. This is just unfair... the character that I wanted to interact with the most is broken...

Edited by TheRandomWolf

I... I'm afraid that I have bad news. I just finished the main Class Story. Now I'm off to Ilum... all of my companions have something to say... except for Jorgan.... There is nothing. And nothing is going to happen'. And I don't know why. Everything's working out fine.. why can't I talk to him? Why can't I start a romance relationship with him? This doesn't make any sense... :(

I have sent a Ticket via in-game.. but I find it unlikely that something will be done about this. This is just unfair... the character that I wanted to interact with the most is broken...

I'm so sorry. Something sure sounds wonky. :( What was the last conversation you had with Aric? Good luck with the ticket. I wish I could say that I was optimistic, but most likely you'll get the "this is a bug that will get fixed with the next patch" line (read: possibly fixed or possibly never fixed, who knows?)

I agree with what others have said that it's probably something with KotFE not letting you access class story missions. Each class has one companion that has physical missions you go do while the rest just have conversations and Jorgan is the physical mission companion of the Trooper storyline. Not only does he have physical missions but he wont talk to you anymore until you complete them. Ex: conversation>>conversation>>conversation>>*investigate Deadeyes on Nar Shaddaa, wont talk to you until done* once done you get more conversations until you get another quest and so on.

I'm so sorry. Something sure sounds wonky. :( What was the last conversation you had with Aric? Good luck with the ticket. I wish I could say that I was optimistic, but most likely you'll get the "this is a bug that will get fixed with the next patch" line (read: possibly fixed or possibly never fixed, who knows?)

I believe that I finished his quest on Nar Shadaa... then had one more talk with him regarding the promotion... then nothing popped up ever again.

I'm sorry, that stinks. If I were you, I'd remake the character while the xp event is still active. May not be what you want to hear, though. GL.

Really wanted Jorgan to be with my character and then carry that over to KOTFE. If Support doesn't give me an answer within two weeks... I'll consider remaking her. The main issue is that I've spent so many credits and Cartel Coins. Now I have to spend more CC in order to unlock these things again. Another issue is that I gave my companions unique pieces of gear that I dropped as I played.

I sent an email to one of the old Support emails; which is this one support@swtor.com ; contacted two Staff members via PM here; did a Bug report via in-game and contacted the Customer Support in-game. I would call them if I could, but I once spent over 15€ in a phone call to get an old issue sorted and I can't seriously afford such thing again. Let's just hope that I get an answer... :(

Edited by TheRandomWolf

I have an update.

Two of my replies have been answered. However, it seems like the people who did gave it read did not fully understand or simply chose to ignore most of the paragraphs. One stated that accepting the quest would make me unable to talk at all with any of the companions or finish the Class Story. Guess what? I finished the Class Story and spoke to everyone but Jorgan. The other Staff Member stated that the options I picked during Jorgan's dialogue triggered him into not romancing with me... Well, isn't she right? I didn't even get to flirt with him correctly whatsoever...

It seems like I waited and hoped for nothing at the end...

I would put in another ticket. Neither of them gave a correct answer. Regardless of whether you flirt with/romance Jorgan, you still have a series of companion quests to do with him. And as you said, you do still get to talk to your companions after accepting the KoTFE quest; just not if you start it.

Like many others, I've had to go through a few customer service people before getting something fixed. You just have to keep on it. In the mean time, if you enjoyed leveling the trooper, start a new one. It won't take you any time at all to get back up to where you are with the current one.

I hope you finally are able to get it fixed. :)

I have an update.

Two of my replies have been answered. However, it seems like the people who did gave it read did not fully understand or simply chose to ignore most of the paragraphs. One stated that accepting the quest would make me unable to talk at all with any of the companions or finish the Class Story. Guess what? I finished the Class Story and spoke to everyone but Jorgan. The other Staff Member stated that the options I picked during Jorgan's dialogue triggered him into not romancing with me... Well, isn't she right? I didn't even get to flirt with him correctly whatsoever...

It seems like I waited and hoped for nothing at the end...

Wow. Really? He was the rapey one with my toon. She had a couple of flirts. That's it. Then she was not given the option to say no for the woohoo time. She told him not interested and no after including marriage but he acted like they married and then asked to adopt a litter with her. Man would not take no for an answer after 2 flirts.

Wow. Really? He was the rapey one with my toon. She had a couple of flirts. That's it. Then she was not given the option to say no for the woohoo time. She told him not interested and no after including marriage but he acted like they married and then asked to adopt a litter with her. Man would not take no for an answer after 2 flirts.

Yup, that happened to me as well, and pretty much killed the character off for me. Ending that "romance" that I never wanted in KotFE was a life saver.

@ OP, you seem to have started "Shadow of Revan", and are a handful of quests in ("Monkey-Lizard Business"), maybe that's the problem.

All of the companions are like that. There is one critical flirt. If you miss it you are sol, if you take it you are locked in. Some, like Nadia have hidden flirts, so even if you think you are just being nice but not flirty she still thinks she is the love of your life and you will marry her. Creepy.