Will you scale up old OPs for the new tier of gear?

Qwurdilu

The day they stop scaling up old Ops will signal the day they stop recycling them.

Still having problems completing ToS SM?

It could be pugged in 4.x. I even did it in group that had almost all members as first timers there. Which is funny because it's according to many players supposed to be the hardest operation. But still players don't allow me to do older operations like TfB because they are "too difficult" for me?

Edited by Halinalle

Still having problems completing ToS SM?
Have the cheev portraits hanging up on my Nar Shaddaa stronghold walls somewhere, and donated whatever deco flair I won to the guild cap ship. So no, not really. The day they stop scaling up old Ops will signal the day they stop recycling them. Which would hopefully signal the arrival of enough new content to not need them to be recycled any longer.

It would be nice if all Ops, HMs and Flashpoints had options available to play them in their original level appropriate state for leveling groups and appearance customs farming alongside either the current bolstered versions or level sync'd versions like WoW's Timewalking option.

Edited by GalacticKegger

They shoud scale up hm/vet and NiM also, leave as story mode as is.

But many ecounters in old NiM ops need to be relooked at anyways. Like Nefra enrage and also the cheeze reflect mechanics in some fight (final boss EC as the worst culprit).

I mean with current gear you can do all those ops in NiM if you know mechanics if gear is another tier higher one can start to ignore these so called "mechanics" even more.

They only scale up when the level cap increases. That's why there is story, Veteran and master mode. That's your scale up for different tiers of gear.

I also think this.

Still new info about 5.2 should be out very soon OP, hopefully it will confirm this or give out how it will change.

I hope they don't. It should really be a matter of development discipline or pride. Increase the level cap when you release new content: story and group content. The increased level cap and gear requirements to apply to the new content only.

Increasing level cap and/or gear requirements for years-old content is like consuming empty calories.

I hope they don't. It should really be a matter of development discipline or pride. Increase the level cap when you release new content: story and group content. The increased level cap and gear requirements to apply to the new content only.

Increasing level cap and/or gear requirements for years-old content is like consuming empty calories.

Nope. It's the intent to keep older content viable and therefore increasing diversity. Just look at Heroics, Flashpoints or the Eternal Championship.

The alternative would be to use a downward level sync similar to the one used on regular planets. But I guess that's not a real option either, because loot still seems the major / only incentive... just look how many have pledged for a sure item drop in operations (including EV & KP) or just imagine the enrage, should BioWare scale PvP down to lvl50 (or match the level-sync of every map according to their release date).

Edited by realleaftea

Why add new levels and gear if you keep scaling the content? The difference between 1.0 and 5.0 is practically none. Still takes 1 hr to finish EV back In 2012, takes about 1 hr now in 2017. No real progression. One of the biggest problems with this game IMO. Everytime you up the levels, up the gear, you up the content. Regrinding to get back to where I was ... BW gaming progression.

FFXiV got this part right - older raids did not scale; as you got more powerful, you could go in there and really destroy the bosses, it was quite fun.

But then again, they add so many raids and new dungeons with each patch that older content isn't missed cause new content is pumped out so regularly. BW doesn't have that luxury obviously. So were stuck on the hamster wheel to clear 5 year old content.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.