As much fun as barnacle bombers and fish in a barrel of gunships is.....

Sir-steve

Instead I found people so overjoyed by the present situation, your right it's me that finds siting on the edge of range dull.

The thing is, you don't have to sit on the edge of range. The examples I linked are matches where you can see directly how playing a scout is active, engaged, and far from the hide & seek playstyle you fear.

Wanting to attack objectives were 2 bombers are spamming drones is a stupid idea and all the failings that I see of GSF are actually what make it exciting for some.

If there are bombers at the objective, removing them is part of the game. Actually, blowing them up before they get to the objective is another active, mobile, engaging thing scouts are very good at. You know they're going to be heading for the satellites at launch. Fly past the satellite, go get the bomber while it's in transit.

My bad, enjoy that part of the game. I guess I don't, and I was looking for a replacement for ground pvp and the endless sorc healer and engineer sniper combos. Cheers and gone.

I hope you find something more to your liking. If you approach GSF with the right mindset, there's nothing stopping you from playing it in an active way. Plenty of scout pilots out there that will attest to that.

- Despon

If there are bombers at the objective, removing them is part of the game. Actually, blowing them up before they get to the objective is another active, mobile, engaging thing scouts are very good at. You know they're going to be heading for the satellites at launch. Fly past the satellite, go get the bomber while it's in transit.

One of the few indications I like for thermites on a T3 scout that has gotten B node on Denon.

Bombers changed the way that the game was played, demonstrably, but like all changes had good and bad points. They're certainly not the reason for GSF not being developed any further, or GSF not being monetized. They are definitely cited as a reason why some people won't play it, but

I do find it kind of ironic that we get this thread about how bombers a ruining GSF just after we had the big long one about "OP scouts" ruing the game. It just goes to show that learning to fly, and deal with, each type of ship makes all the difference. Excepts for strikes of course, but that topic has long since been beaten to death.

OP

I think if GSF had active developers like the MOBA game Overwatch we would probably see maps/modes where only Strike Fighters and Scouts would be allowed on the map. Or a more sophisticated engine that would limit the amount of GS for bombers like the other MOBAS do. Having a gunship wall or tick bomber cluster probably wasn't a foreseen variable by the staff that develped Galactic Starfighter only to abandon it back in 2014.

OP

I think if GSF had active developers like the MOBA game Overwatch we would probably see maps/modes where only Strike Fighters and Scouts would be allowed on the map. Or a more sophisticated engine that would limit the amount of GS for bombers like the other MOBAS do. Having a gunship wall or tick bomber cluster probably wasn't a foreseen variable by the staff that develped Galactic Starfighter only to abandon it back in 2014.

I agree that it is a shame more development was not done to find what the preferred play style for starfighter would have been for the general population. I think a lot of the casual anti GS, Bomber & burst scout people would have liked a death match scenario with just strikes and maybe the T3 scout. With that being said.

You mislabeled Overwatch as a MOBA. Which it is not, Overwatch is in the FPS genre. MOBA's are games like League of Legends, DOTA & Heroes of the Storm.