In desperated need of an Engine Update

Nubanuba

For them to update the game engine now would be somewhat unrealistic. .

I would encourage you to modify you statement slightly ---> It is unrealistic to expect a replacement engine.

They have in fact done numerous updates to the engine to improve it in a number of ways over the years.

There is a difference, and wrong terminology gets more ropes wrapped around the axle in the forum then anything else.

And I'm sorry folks.... those of you running the "maintenance mode" and/or "replacement incoming" narratives.... if this were true.. they would not have made the notable performance update to the engine that they did in 2016. If your narratives were actually true... we would not see any updates to the core elements of the client, the overall game engine, or for that matter any new OPs coming.

Since Bioware or EA had the unique incompetence and ignorance with lack of any foresight to release this game, which according to the press costed 200+ million in production, on a non manufacturer supported alpha or beta hero engine, then modified it by people who don't work there anymore they already killed the future for this game prior to release. The effort now to fix this initial and core incompetence would be enormous, almost like starting from scratch. So I don't think it will happen except Bioware and EA finally pull their heads out of their a... and money needs to be spend too of course.

Star Wars is a big brand and this game had enormous potential but it was wasted in the hands of an incompetent company with no vision for it and with an incapability to run MMORPGS in general.

Really good work! /hat down

I would encourage you to modify you statement slightly ---> It is unrealistic to expect a replacement engine.

They have in fact done numerous updates to the engine to improve it in a number of ways over the years.

There is a difference, and wrong terminology gets more ropes wrapped around the axle in the forum then anything else.

And I'm sorry folks.... those of you running the "maintenance mode" and/or "replacement incoming" narratives.... if this were true.. they would not have made the notable performance update to the engine that they did in 2016. If your narratives were actually true... we would not see any updates to the core elements of the client, the overall game engine, or for that matter any new OPs coming.

Well said.

Since Bioware or EA had the unique incompetence and ignorance with lack of any foresight to release this game, which according to the press costed 200+ million in production, on a non manufacturer supported alpha or beta hero engine, then modified it by people who don't work there anymore they already killed the future for this game prior to release. The effort now to fix this initial and core incompetence would be enormous, almost like starting from scratch. So I don't think it will happen except Bioware and EA finally pull their heads out of their a... and money needs to be spend too of course.

Star Wars is a big brand and this game had enormous potential but it was wasted in the hands of an incompetent company with no vision for it and with an incapability to run MMORPGS in general.

Quoted for truth.

An engine update would be great, but our current non-supported frankenstein engine would likely take way too much time/effort/money to even make a dent of progress. We're likely only ever going to see very minute updates to it like we did with 5.0.

What the game really needs is an entire new relaunch with a brand new engine and a new (or heavily beefed up) development team, to be completely honest. If they did that and advertised the crap out of it in accordance with the Star Wars film teams, they'd make a hell of a lot more money than this game ever will in its current state...even with all the time and effort that it would take.

The game engine has in fact been incrementally updated many times over the years, with a rather noticeable performance update last year that just about everyone praised(...)

Which suggests that players should carefully review their system configuration and game settings if they see issues. Game settings that stress your particular machine should simply be dialed back some until frame rates stabilize.

The performance updates in 5.0 were a nice minor update, but it doesn't change the fact that we're running on a franken-engine that creates more problems than it solves and probably should never have been used in the first place. Regardless of what type of machines the players have, the engine is in fact the primary problem when it comes to performance in this game.

I can run graphic-heavy games like the Witcher 3 and ESO flawlessly on my PC, and I have no trouble with PvP in other MMO games....yet when I PvP or run certain operations in this game my FPS drops to little more than a slideshow. Character lag in pvp (your screen showing an enemy being right next to you, when in fact they are somewhere else and you can't attack them) is a game-breaking problem that we've had since launch, and that's an engine-related issue.

The performance updates in 5.0 were a nice minor update, but it doesn't change the fact that we're running on a franken-engine that creates more problems than it solves and probably should never have been used in the first place. Regardless of what type of machines the players have, the engine is in fact the primary problem when it comes to performance in this game.

I can run graphic-heavy games like the Witcher 3 and ESO flawlessly on my PC, and I have no trouble with PvP in other MMO games....yet when I PvP or run certain operations in this game my FPS drops to little more than a slideshow. Character lag in pvp (your screen showing an enemy being right next to you, when in fact they are somewhere else and you can't attack them) is a game-breaking problem that we've had since launch, and that's an engine-related issue.

I have the exact opposite problem. Enemies are 30 meters away from me on my screen, and are still hitting me with attacks that are 4 m range..... :/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.