The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is the game Empire-biased?

shyzofreny

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is somewhat funny, considering that the main Class Story is the Jedi Knight... that has a book that supports it and two expansions that are heavily connected.

It's even written by Drew Karpyshyn, the guy that wrote KOTOR.

Entirely different context.

Of course it's different. It's always different. I'm using this example to point out that playing/enjoying a personal story isn't a sign of selfishness.

than playing as a member of an imperial force trying to destroy their enemies.

Have you read any higher up in the thread? The entire point of the Empire's stories is that you're not a member of an imperial force and the main criticism is that it's not about trying to destroy their enemies.

None of the Imperial classes plays as a member of an imperial force. Maybe the Agent, in the beginning, just Chapter 1. The other classes, not even that long.

I would like to point out this little gem. Here follows the list of story based returning characters in KOTFE:

Republic- Theron, T7, Aric (t7 isn't really in the story after chapter 3)

Imperial-Lana, Torian, Vette, Gault, Scorpio, Kaylio

Zakuul-Koth, Senya

Imperials have twice the returning characters of the republic and don't even get me started on the difference in the romance between Lana and Theron. If you like Theron you get like 10mins of romance scenes between both the expansions verses Lana's romance

I would like to point out this little gem. Here follows the list of story based returning characters in KOTFE:

Republic- Theron, T7, Aric (t7 isn't really in the story after chapter 3)

Imperial-Lana, Torian, Vette, Gault, Scorpio, Kaylio

Zakuul-Koth, Senya

Imperials have twice the returning characters of the republic and don't even get me started on the difference in the romance between Lana and Theron. If you like Theron you get like 10mins of romance scenes between both the expansions verses Lana's romance

I was just about ready to start the KotFE stuff when I let my sub go last time (a customer service issue that ticked me off enough to decide to step away from the game for a while) so I didn't ever get into this, but just the other day I was looking at some stuff and saw the list of companions that had been brought back, noticed this same thing, and thought about this thread.

Still, though, as much as I think they should have focused on bringing back the romanceables first (story matters, right? So why throw out romances developed sometimes over three chapters of the class story (rhetorical question. The answer is money, I know)), this is relatively small compared to the differences that existed between heat and ammo early in the game, or the speed of a sorcerer's lightning attacks compared to the consular's"supposed to be equal" telekinetic attacks.

After all, that is still only six of the 20 original class companions. Still plenty of opportunity to even things up before things get too far out of hand.

In truth, it's the Sith I see as being most put upon here. They could add a smuggler and consular companion next (in whatever order) and the Republic side is all even up.

On the Imperial side, there are two BH companions and two agent companions. The warrior and sorcerer were passed over twice after the BH and Agent both had a companion already in place.