A way to bring back High Priority Operations

bdatt

High Priority Ops was a good idea but poorly implemented, since it dropped the highest gear on some of the easiest content. While I'd prefer a guaranteed drop on every boss, if that's not something you're considering RE: the below statement, perhaps the High Priority Operation rotation could return with guaranteed drop chances on non-final bosses in the highlighted operation even if the gear isn't fixed but still random. This would apply to all tiers, and the tier of gear dropped would be the same as it currently drops (i.e. no chance for a 242 mainhand on HM Ancient Pylons).

• There are other gearing related changes coming based on your feedback such as adjustments to boss drops in Operations

Edited by bdatt

I dunno, this is one thing I'm kind of happy to see gone.

I noticed it very much with my guild and that was... they just wanted to wait till an "easy" OPs circulated into the loop then farm it for gear. Then just wait for it to come back round again.

If you were to bring it back I think you have to retool what the high priority reward is for.

I'd personally want to see something tiered myself and have a new priority OPs each day.

Example: Guild A does all of the priority OPs to completion in a week. They get some type of reward for completing them all rather than a boost in the OP rewards itself. Guild Wide CC grant for participating accounts.

The above example is by no means the only option but just what I can think of off the top of my head. Basically, letting people farm lower end OPs for the best gear was not a good idea to begin with. So, high priority would have to be retooled somehow to make the effort put in and the rewards gained equivalent.

My OP may not have been clear but right now the first few bosses in a HM operation have a small chance to drop a random 236 piece. I'm suggesting when EV is high priority the first 4 bosses just have a higher or 100% chance to drop a random 236 piece. HM Soa would still be 100% ear/implant not random. Non-final bosses would still be random so grabbing the last few specific pieces requires running specific operations or hoping to get lucky. Right now unless you can clear the final boss the entire instance is considered useless, especially with NiM. Making all bosses useful every couple months would be nice and this was a suggestion if they don't give 100% drop all the time.

242 is still from NiM only and the same applies with guaranteed random drops when that one operation is high priority. NiM rotation could be de-synced from SM/HM since there isn't NiM versions of all, or just have bye weeks when NiM does't exist.

Example: Guild A does all of the priority OPs to completion in a week. They get some type of reward for completing them all rather than a boost in the OP rewards itself. Guild Wide CC grant for participating accounts.

A fine suggestion. I personally don't dedicate the time in the week to clear every operation since my team runs twice a week for 2-2.5 hours each so this probably wouldn't benefit me.

Edited by bdatt

*nods*

I was just trying to think of something that can't really be easily farmed.

I'd leave it to better designers to figure out how to do tiered rewards. But the key would be participating accounts and number done during the week. Obviously as my original example goes rewarding the best for those that are able to complete the full tier run for the week.

1 of 7: smallest reward

7 of 7: largest reward

It just seems like you'd eliminate the farm the easiest OPs in the rotation by approaching it something like that.

*nods*

I was just trying to think of something that can't really be easily farmed.

I'd leave it to better designers to figure out how to do tiered rewards. But the key would be participating accounts and number done during the week. Obviously as my original example goes rewarding the best for those that are able to complete the full tier run for the week.

1 of 7: smallest reward

7 of 7: largest reward

It just seems like you'd eliminate the farm the easiest OPs in the rotation by approaching it something like that.

The tiered rewards is nice. Definitely agree some approach that doesn't encourage farming EV, or last boss lockouts, or getting BiS in a week is needed. Of course with the latter I can go do content and not worry about what gear drops if I want.