GSF is Broken

VaceDemon

it's not giving the proper medals. ill get over 10k damage and no medal for it, do healing, no medal, 4 kill assist, no medal, killing someone, no medal, killing 2 turrets, no medal and theres more but I won't go on. It's a joke! They clearly don't give a damn about gsf since hardly anyone plays it ( no new maps or anything since they came out with it). And now, neither will I. Since cxp is tied into how many medals you get, ya might want to get that fixed!

it's not giving the proper medals. ill get over 10k damage and no medal for it, do healing, no medal, 4 kill assist, no medal, killing someone, no medal, killing 2 turrets, no medal and theres more but I won't go on. It's a joke! They clearly don't give a damn about gsf since hardly anyone plays it ( no new maps or anything since they came out with it). And now, neither will I. Since cxp is tied into how many medals you get, ya might want to get that fixed!

you have to do all 10k damage on 1 ship. if you switch ships and still do 8k on one, and 9k on another you still won't get the 10k medal. same goes for kills and assists.

The post above sounds like it probably nails it. I get all of my medals. :-/ I've been a lot today and I have an average of 12+ medals per game. But you're right, GSF is currently broken: It's providing 10 Unassembled Components after a win when we should be getting 8.

The medals requirements are on a per ship basis. So if you do say 14k dmg on a pike and 23k dmg on a flashfire, you will get the 10k dmg medal and the 20k dmg medal but not the 30k dmg medal because you did do 30k dmg in one ship. This is for each medal type as far as I know.

Its been like this forever so I assume it was the intent.

-jams

that makes more sense but, if you switch ships due to the teams needs, you shouldn't be penalized. so I guess ill sit in 1 ship all game.

Just keep in mind, you cannot get the same medal twice, so if you do 10k in a Scout, and receive that medal, then proceed to do 10k in a Gunship, you will not receive that medal. With the combined 20k damage performed, you are NOT eligible for a 20k damage medal, but if you perform 20k damage in one ship you WILL receive that medal.

it's been spelled out elsewhere here too

Just keep in mind, you cannot get the same medal twice, so if you do 10k in a Scout, and receive that medal, then proceed to do 10k in a Gunship, you will not receive that medal. With the combined 20k damage performed, you are NOT eligible for a 20k damage medal, but if you perform 20k damage in one ship you WILL receive that medal.

it's been spelled out elsewhere here too

You can get some medals twice; Demolisher Medals, for instance.

I am doing GSF for achievements now and getting medals is part of it, I am getting all the medals for the specific stuff as intended with no issues at all!

You are probably doing something wrong in tracking you activities in the match, nothing is broken atm.

As far as I know, you get medals separately for each ship. If you got the medal for 1st ship then switched - you get it for 2nd ship as well. That counts for 'Medal of Bravery' objective, so theoretically you can get 20+ medals increase in TDM.

As far as I know, you get medals separately for each ship. If you got the medal for 1st ship then switched - you get it for 2nd ship as well. That counts for 'Medal of Bravery' objective, so theoretically you can get 20+ medals increase in TDM.

Yes, you get medals for each ship and also requsition for each ship, meaning if you are very good and active you can use 3-4 ships and get many medals with then resulting in a lot of requisition and cxp in the end of the match

Wait woah did you actually kill 16 turrets in a game to find this out? I'm fairly certain you cannot

receive more than one demolisher medal per match.

I don't have proof for this part of my claim, but I checked my demolisher medal count before and after the match, and they went up by 2.

I do, however, have proof that I earned two demolisher medals in a single match.

(Timestamped about 5 seconds before the medal.)

Edited by Eagling

I do, however, have proof that I earned two demolisher medals in a single match.

I think what's happening there is that it is reporting the medal being earned once per/ship type, but if you look at the final stats you'll see you only have seven medals accounted for on the scoreboard. You don't hover your mouse over the total, but watching the match we can see that you earned:

_

• Assassin : Slaying an enemy one-on-one
  • Quick Draw: 2 Kills
  • Combatant: Dealt 10k damage
  • Destroyer: Dealt 20k Damage
  • Assault: 2 Turret Kills
  • Siege: 4 Turret Kills
  • Demolisher: 8 Turret Kills

... which adds up to the 7 we see on the scoreboard. It is possible that the additional turret-killing medals count towards achievements, but not towards the scoreboard at the end of match (or, in fact, for the CXP maximum award you'd get for 8 medals).

- Despon

Edited by caederon

I think what's happening there is that it is reporting the medal being earned once per/ship type, but if you look at the final stats you'll see you only have seven medals accounted for on the scoreboard. You don't hover your mouse over the total, but watching the match we can see that you earned:

_

• Assassin : Slaying an enemy one-on-one
  • Quick Draw: 2 Kills
  • Combatant: Dealt 10k damage
  • Destroyer: Dealt 20k Damage
  • Assault: 2 Turret Kills
  • Siege: 4 Turret Kills
  • Demolisher: 8 Turret Kills

... which adds up to the 7 we see on the scoreboard. It is possible that the additional turret-killing medals count towards achievements, but not towards the scoreboard at the end of match (or, in fact, for the CXP maximum award you'd get for 8 medals).

- Despon

I didn't take that into consideration, but what you suggest about the extra medals counting for achievements but not the scoreboard makes sense; because I am absolutely positive I got +2 on the Demolisher Medals Achievements, but sadly, I don't have the proof.