Unbind Item

Sell an item on the Cartel Market that can unbind items from characters. I'm not sure what the price should be but I'm sure people would buy it, because, like me, I was stupid at one point a long time ago and accidentally put Revan's Chestplate on my Bounty Hunter. That was a long time ago and now I'm regretting it and wanting it on one of my force sensitive characters. Seriously, I'll pay to have that thing unbound (for a reasonable price). Edited by Moranine

The way to accomplish this is already in place:

complete the set

go to collections

unlock the set

This. The only alternative would be an item that would convert the bound thing into a limbo state:

* Not bound to this character.

* Not bound to legacy in any conventional way. (See 4th item below.)

* Not tradeable to other players in any way.

* Re-bound (to character) immediately if modified, equipped, or put in Outfit Designer.

There's a host of sticky questions around what to do with an item that's already modded when you try to unbind it, or that's already in an Outfit Designer slot.

The questions are sufficiently sticky that it's probably better to not do it.

The way to accomplish this is already in place:

complete the set

go to collections

unlock the set

That's the thing, I don't really want the rest of the set. Not only is it visually unappealing to me, but it's a gold item and is pretty expensive on the GTN. I'd much rather use some of my free CC I get each month to unbind an item, like 50cc would be good, rather than using my in game credits. I have better things to us those for. I do a lot of mixing and matching with items to get something I like.

Edited by Moranine

That's the thing, I don't really want the rest of the set. Not only is it visually unappealing to me, but it's a gold item and is pretty expensive on the GTN. I'd much rather use some of my free CC I get each month to unbind an item, like 50cc would be good, rather than using my in game credits. I have better things to us those for.

50cc is WAY too low. Something like this HAS to be costly or it will get abused. for example:

1. Buy item/set off GTN
  2. use it in appearance designer so it binds
  3. buy an unbind
  4. resell the item

even if the unbind item CM thing sets it to BOL

1. Buy item/set off GTN
  3. buy an unbind
  4. send it to all your characters for appearance use.

Unbinding an item should be at least as costly as a character rename

50cc is WAY too low. Something like this HAS to be costly or it will get abused. for example:

1. Buy item/set off GTN
  3. buy an unbind
  4. resell the item

even if the unbind item CM thing sets it to BOL

1. Buy item/set off GTN
  3. buy an unbind
  4. send it to all your characters for appearance use.

Unbinding an item should be at least as costly as a character rename

Okay, I admit that could all cause complications. Never really thought about the appearance designer. But I wouldn't mind if it cost about the same as a character rename.

Edited by Moranine

Okay, I admit that could all cause complications. Never really thought about the appearance designer. But I wouldn't mind if it cost about the same as a character rename.

It's not just the appearance designer that has too much potential to be abused.

Selling an "unbind item" token would also have the potential to be abused with regards to the "left side" pieces, the earpiece, implants and relics.

I think BW has made the right call in not allowing bound to character items to be unbound or even converted to bound to legacy.

It's not just the appearance designer that has too much potential to be abused.

Selling an "unbind item" token would also have the potential to be abused with regards to the "left side" pieces, the earpiece, implants and relics.

I think BW has made the right call in not allowing bound to character items to be unbound or even converted to bound to legacy.

Alright, I see where you guys are coming from now. Even if it pains me to say it I guess I'll just have to waste my credits getting the set so I can use it on my other characters...

I'd be open for something to shift bound to character to a bind to legacy since going a full unbind can be abused.

Case in point, I bought a Meditation Chamber last time it was on the Cartel Market and while it bound to the character fine, it didn't unlock to collections so I could unlock it for the account. Customer Service couldn't help me and I haven't heard anything on the Bug Report they had me file so I'd be all for something to be able to move it from the character it's on that to another because had I known there was a possibility of it being bugged, I would've made the purchase on a different character or might've decided to not buy it at all.