Farm Heroics? Fleet location?

Mashugana

I see people farm heroics for xp and gear. The only way I know to get heroics is to go the planet, find the mailbox, and get the heroics for that planet. Is there another way? Are there some kind of bonus, daily heroics that you can access from fleet without going to the individual world?

Before lvl 70, your best bet would be to go to the Combat area of the fleet (same as PvP) where there is a very Large terminal with all heroics. Choose the fastest ones you want and use the "telerports" for fast transport. There is no extra bonus but you do only the ones you like (the fatest usually).

Once you hit 70, there is a Bonus if you do X number of heroics in each planet. So open the Galactic command window and hit the Planetary mission. You will get an rnd planet/area (dailies are here also) if you accept you are transfer to the heroic terminal on that planet; if you don't want that planet just hit ESC and click planetary mission again to get another rnd until you get the planet you like. Each planet/area requires a number of completed missions to give you the bonus (usually from 3 to 6), sometimes the planet offer more than that number, so do the ones you like.

Please note that if you are farming heroics after lvl 60 and before Chapter 9 KOTFE (in any toon) you will not be able to open the crates that you get for reward.

Once you finish KotFE there are a number mission of terminals on Odessan. - In the old days you could buy a legacy unlock to transport there before you did the story, but IDK if that was patched. As it's only a small area and there are fewer people there, you don't get a lot of the general chat spam and slow load times that that you may get on fleet. It also has mailbox, mod station, cargo access GTN and all the rest in a small area. Edited by Storm-Cutter

Please note that if you are farming heroics after lvl 60 and before Chapter 9 KOTFE (in any toon) you will not be able to open the crates that you get for reward.
OTOH, the crates are legacy bound, so you can farm them with a character that hasn't done KotFE, and drop them in your legacy storage for another character to open.

Thank you! I had no idea these terminals exist. Question - is there a reason to do low level heroics? I would think you get zero XP if you are level 40 and you run a Tython/Korriban heroic, yes?

As others have stated, those are among the best ones to farm. Because of level sync you in theory don't overlevel them (even though in practice you do) and rewards scale to your actual level. You'll earn the same rewards for clearing the Heroic on Tython at level 70 as you would clearing a Heroic on Corellia. The Tython heroic can be completed much faster however, because level sync doesn't truly reduce you to the level of the content of the planet you're on.

OTOH, the crates are legacy bound, so you can farm them with a character that hasn't done KotFE, and drop them in your legacy storage for another character to open.

I do that, even more from lvl 61-65 that get two crates instead of one. I mostly just do heroics in those levels.

With current 250% exp is not that many heroics, but still two crates is a nice reward.

• 10 months later...

Are the items in there also legacy bound or bind on pickup?

If there was an item in the box I'd like for my level 61 char, it would then be fruitless to farm boxes with him.

You can also access the dailies through the "Activities" panel's "Solo" section. (If you have access - i'm not sure of what or any conditions might apply.)
Hit CTRL+G to get this. Since the "redesign" of the Galactic Command window a few patches ago, it's visible to all characters, not just ones doing Galactic Command. The list of Heroics that you can do will gradually expand as you level up. It's strictly level gated so at level 8, Esseles/Black Talon FP is available, at 16 Coruscant/DK Heroics, at 20 Taris/Balmorra (Rep/Imp) Heroics, and so on.

Gear from Heroic Crates is Bind on Legacy, the rest of the stuff is unbound.
And just to be clear: that's only the case for the L61+ alliance "Locked Supply" crates.

The blue crates Heroic gear (L1-60) is just bind on pickup,