Are there body/type and gender combos that fit the story of some classes better?

Aeneas_Falco

I have a male BT1 Consular. I figure that since the Consular (and this goes for the inquisitor too) relies far more on the Force than their innate physical abilities, it sort of doesn't matter what body shape they are. My BT1 consular is actually pretty dark sided. I think he got pushed around and bullied a lot because of his size and is carrying a chip on his shoulder the size of Coruscant. He does seem to take pleasure in demonstrating his power over others. He'd probably make a fantastic Sith, LOL.

What I found is that the clothes you dress a male BT1 character in have a huge effect on their appearance. BioWare's male BT1 doesn't scale size down appropriately, and so you end up with a huge head on a tiny body, and they don't look like a smaller man, they just look like a bobblehead doll. However, if you find the right clothes, that can mask that disproportionate appearance, and then they just look like a smaller-statured man, rather than a stick figure with an oversized head.

True. While I've not made a BT1 Male, I've seen this effect in action, where it makes them look better.

It's the voice. The male BH is voiced by Tom Spackman who's primarily famous for TV promos, Movie trailers, etc etc. He's got one of those big deep growly gravelly voices that seems more suited to a big guy in his 40s who has spent the last 25 years smoking 3 packs a day and keeping an entire liquor distillery solvent by hand.

Obviously, that's a stereotype, and there are plenty smaller, younger guys who have "movie trailer" voices. I would agree that the story, is very much tailored to a new gunfighter, just learning the ropes and seeing what he can do.

I will agree, that watching some Hunter videos with BT1 Male build, just did not look/sound right, though one can also say a throat injury caused it.

Really? I know I haven't played a male hunter, but if it's anything like the female hunter, you come off as new to the game but good with the blasters.

Exactly this. The lines are pretty much exactly the same, except when dealing with companions, and when NPCs say "he", "his", "him" instead of "she", "her", "hers", "her".

Honestly I love how we all have our own ideal of what each class should look like and be like, what gender, species, and body type they should be and what personality they should have. It makes the world of SWtOR look much more varied and realistic like the real world and I love that species and body type aren't tied to class so we can all be whatever we want <3

Honestly, it's difficult to deduce. But here are my thoughts(my characters won't influence this):

JK: Human or Zabrak male, BT2

JC: Mirialan female

Trooper: Human / Cyborg or Zabrak male, BT3

Smuggler: Human male, BT2 or 4(come on, ever heard of Han? Hell, even Nico)-BT4 Gunslinger would be hilarious and could just make sense

SW: Human female

SI: Twi'lek male, BT 1 or 2

BH: Cyborg, BT3(but don't read too much into Mako's words, she's a harlot and petit)

IA: Twi'lek female(or Human female)

///

JK requires some honour bound culture, but doesn't require that much physical strength, male because it just fits with Kira etc

JC requires a Force based culture and Mirialans practically worship the Force. I don't think Male fits, even if it is probably the canon choice(see, Jedi Academy)

RT requires a bulk, muscles and warrior orientation. Zabraks and Cathars are my first choices, but a Cyborg could fit rather awesomely here too

Smuggler, just read the brackets.

SW pretty much has to be either Human or Sith Pureblood. Gender is much more difficult to deduce.

SI...is a slave. And which race is the galactic standard for a word "slave"? Male to make it more exquisite(besides, it works). NOTE: SI CAN'T be a Pureblood! I think that idea is so out there, that it would never work in universe.

BH, it doesn't take a lot of brains to deduce both the gender and the race of the (canon) BH. Hell, most likely the BT too.

IA, no it isn't a Chiss. They are magnets for attention lol. Imo, either a Twi'lek or Human female is best. Think of a female version of James Bond-use of sex to get intel is MUCH more prominent if female imo. At least in SWTOR, but I think in real life too. Ignore James for a moment, I never saw another Agent quite like him(most likely because it is a fairytale level for espionage fiction).

*note on Inquisitors: While, yes, I understand why everyone prefers BT1(starvation / malnourisment), realistically, every BT fits. BT3 would be a Slave in the Mine(s)-in other words just a muscle. BT4 would be something like a food taster or something. BT2 would be some kind of a butler or something. As you see, everything fits O.o

Edited by Cuiwe

Sith Warrior Male - body type 3. That voice screams Darth Vader, and Vader looks buff and imposing. You really can't look imposing as male with type 2, so 3 it is. Probably body type 2 female for that agile marauder, but male is definitely a juggernaut Darth Vader type.

Jedi Knight Male - body type 2. This is so obviously based on Luke Skywalker... Now that I think about it, I think the body type 2 is based on Luke's body lol. It just feels as if body type 3 would make him much more intimidating, which isn't what a Jedi is all about. I'm not saying you can't be a nice guy and be a body builder irl, just that it doesn't really fit the JK thematically. For female, I'd go with body type 2, for a bit more muscle/stand your ground action, but still agile and quick.

Imperial Agent Female - body type 1. When I think of a spy, I always think of a slim, small, and slip-through-the-cracks type of person. I just can't see body type 2 female as Cipher 9, it's too chunky (which isn't even the right word) for the theme of the agent, in my opinion. You want someone in the field who seems easily taken advantage of so people like Dheno Rey and the fat guy on Nar Shaddaa feel safe, but she also needs to be sexy (so good make-up in Cosmetics) for seduction purposes. You want someone who'll make people feel comfortable enough to be seduced, so you gotta go for the weaker looking, less imposing body type overall for a spy. I know some people say female type 1 looks like a 13 year old, but I've never seen a 13 year old as attractive as the SWTOR type 1. For male agent, for the same reasons, type 2 would fit better than 3. 1 for males REALLY straight up looks like a 12 year old. That kid would never be able to seduce a rock.

Trooper Male - body type 3. His voice sounds too gruff and 'Murica-y to not be type 3. For females, I think either type 2 or 3 could work, but I honestly prefer the male trooper. Female trooper sounds as if she's trying too hard to sound tough.

Bounty Hunter Male - body type 3. Again, his voice is the roughest voice in this game. Absolutely no way he could be any other body type. He's too much of a sarcastic ****** to not be type 3. For females, this would definitely be type 2. Her voice doesn't fit type 3 at all, it's too sexy. And I can't just hear Azula's voice and not make a character that looks exactly like her.

Smuggler Male - body type 2. Han Solo is type 2. For female, it's probably type 1 just because she's a goofball make-believe *******. She can't look older than 19 to match her maturity level, and that's best portrayed in type 1 + freckles and red hair.

Sith Inquisitor Female - body type 1. Come on, she was a slave. You think they fed her right in the Sith Empire? Though I suppose it does makes sense that she'd go from 1 to 2 after she becomes a Lord of the Sith, but that's only if your head canon for the SI is that she somehow shrinks when her body changes. Ever notice that type 1 female is taller than type 2? The more you know! For males, type 2. Again, type 1 looks like a little kid or an extremely old man, which would be fine if you made your character seem like the latter, but the problem is that he doesn't sound like an old man and he's too fast to be an old man. Type 3 doesn't fit Darth Sidious.

Jedi Consular Female - body type 1. I guess either 1 or 2 would work, but I prefer 1. I guess her voice is so kind and gentle that I think it fits more into 1. If you listen closely her voice sometimes cracks slightly at the end of certain words, even. Sounds like a humble, unsure-of-herself, zero-to-hero Jedi. Fits 1 best. For males, you could go with the gentle giant with 3, which fits because the guy who voices him was the voice of Superman in some TV shows, but 2 would work just as well as a young, bald Mirialan dude. Lol. But if you're female you gotta go Miraluka 100%. If you don't, then you've lost.

Ye, i think male for SW would definitly fit the most, since you have 2 romance options and vette+SW equals Malgus+elena.

To the body types. I personally don't like playing body type 3, or in generell playing any body type besides 2. Especially for males I always feel like some brainless muscle mountain as soon as I pick bt3 and can't take the char serious anymore.

Despites that it's for me like that: SW: bt2/3, SI: 1,2 (even though i don't like to play 1), IA: (1),2 (I mean ia is supposed to be the inconspicious guy so...), BH: 2,3

But ye, imo you can play every class in bt 2, since it's the usual athletic guy, neither thin or too pumped.

• 2 weeks later...
I have never understood that aspect of the story. Here is this menial non-force user talking to a Sith like that? I would have just choked him to death. Everyone else on the planet is "yes my lord" "no my lord" and here is this jerk mouthing off to me like that and let him live past 5 seconds into that convo?

Ever notice that type 1 female is taller than type 2? The more you know!

This is incorrect. Here's a chart of all PC sizes, next to each other.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n857hyi607pupkx/PC-Size-Overview.png?dl=0

F1 and F4 are actually the same height. F2 is the same height as M1. F3 is the almost the same height as M2 and M4 (Bet you didn't think that, did you?) and M3 is, of course, the tallest.

If I were to put actual heights on them, I'd assume that - as baseline - let's say that M2 is 6 feet tall. 6 feet is about what fictional heroic males are supposed to be. That puts M3 at around 6'6". I'm thinking more Triple-H in his prime rather than The Undertaker.

The chart shows F3 are being fractionally shorter than M2. Now that could be the camera angle of the screenshots that I took, but 5'10, 5'11" would fit for a tall, athletic Xena/amazon-type. M4 looks to be the same height as F3 - Again, that could be camera angle. Obviously, he's much more bulky.

M1 and F2 are around 5'6". Interesting side comment: 5 and a half feet is - last time I looked - actually median height for a caucasian female.

And then F1/F4 aren't -much- shorter than F2, maybe 2 inches. So they're not down at the 5-foot level, but more 5'3" ish.

That's just my take on it.

p.s. M4 is wide, certainly, but there's a lot of muscle under there. He's not a couch potato. He's more like a big linebacker, or short defensive tackle. He's kind of what you'd get if you shaved a bear. Underestimating how strong M4 is and writing him off as just as "a fatty", I think, would be a mistake.

Smuggler: Human male, BT2 or 4(come on, ever heard of Han? Hell, even Nico)-BT4 Gunslinger would be hilarious and could just make sense

I've got a BT4 smuggler who wears the invisible chest armor so he walks around without a shirt. Turns out he's quite ripped. Oh well. Still got the gut. Gotta luv that!

Edited by Buellzebubba

One thing about this is - it seems throughout the galaxy, everyone is the same 4 sizes.

I'd like there to be more variety between species. For instance, I see twilliks as smaller than Sith purebloods or Zabrak for example. And why are the females always smaller than the males? There are some species where females are bigger <think bears or bumblebees> on earth, why not out in the greater galaxy?

Personally, most of my main characters are size 3 - female and male alike. Although I have rolled alts with different sizes.

This is incorrect. Here's a chart of all PC sizes, next to each other.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n857hyi607pupkx/PC-Size-Overview.png?dl=0

F1 and F4 are actually the same height. F2 is the same height as M1. F3 is the almost the same height as M2 and M4 (Bet you didn't think that, did you?) and M3 is, of course, the tallest.

If I were to put actual heights on them, I'd assume that - as baseline - let's say that M2 is 6 feet tall. 6 feet is about what fictional heroic males are supposed to be. That puts M3 at around 6'6". I'm thinking more Triple-H in his prime rather than The Undertaker.

The chart shows F3 are being fractionally shorter than M2. Now that could be the camera angle of the screenshots that I took, but 5'10, 5'11" would fit for a tall, athletic Xena/amazon-type. M4 looks to be the same height as F3 - Again, that could be camera angle. Obviously, he's much more bulky.

M1 and F2 are around 5'6". Interesting side comment: 5 and a half feet is - last time I looked - actually median height for a caucasian female.

And then F1/F4 aren't -much- shorter than F2, maybe 2 inches. So they're not down at the 5-foot level, but more 5'3" ish.

That's just my take on it.

p.s. M4 is wide, certainly, but there's a lot of muscle under there. He's not a couch potato. He's more like a big linebacker, or short defensive tackle. He's kind of what you'd get if you shaved a bear. Underestimating how strong M4 is and writing him off as just as "a fatty", I think, would be a mistake.

It's not incorrect in-game.

While I admit it's fun to go against the grain when it comes to the expected species class combos, there are a few of mine that just seemed to fit better both in character creation and story wise using the original unlocked classes.

Republic

-----------------

Jedi Knight: Body 2, Miraluka female

Consular: Body 2, Togruta female

Trooper: Body 4, Cyborg, female

Empire

------------------

Inquisitor: Body 1, Rattataki female (with slave scars)

Warrior: Body 2, Sith Pureblood female

Bounty Hunter: Body 2, Empire Zabrak female

My agent and smuggler are both Cathar. Not exactly your usual suspects. XD

Edited by Venn_Dras