The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Credit Inflation is crazy!

Reeny

Please know that the majority of super high price items don't actually sell, ever.

lol That hasn't been my experience.

I list everything rare I get at top creds, with minor 1-5k uncuts sometimes, and they always sell. My revan set sold for 150mil~ 2 hours after I listed it, etc.

Edited by Radzkie

An item being de-listed doesn't mean it sold. And yes, I would argue that 50 is on the high end of things that still sell. Getting much beyond 50mil will take weeks to months to sell, and items listed from 75-500Mil+ rarely, if ever, sell.

They do, i sold unstable peacemaker in few hours with 89million when they first came out. I sold revarn reborn set this weekend with 130million after 1 week trying to sell it.

They do, i sold unstable peacemaker in few hours with 89million when they first came out. I sold revarn reborn set this weekend with 130million after 1 week trying to sell it.

I also sold the unstable peacemaker for 80mil~ shortly after getting it from the Eternal Command pack.

Edited by Radzkie

Inflation is a problem with any mmo and very noticeable if you play the same one for a long period of time. Go look at Wow as a perfect example.

With that said just because an item is posted for that amount doesn't mean it's always selling for that amount.

Some items are super rare and hard to come by but it's in BW control of how rare that item will be.

For example prices would go down probably if they decided to sell all items on the CM directly instead of packs or even keep all packs available at all times instead of just temporary. Even though those would be not happen that is just one way they could reduce inflation or even add more money sinks instead of taking them away.

The GTN does not generate credits. It moves 94% of them, and outright deletes 6% from the economy. An item selling for 50mil on the GTN actually removes 3,000,000 credits from the economy. The buyer spent 50mil, but only 47mil went to the seller.

Playing the GTN does not generate credits, and cannot "flood the economy" with credits. It certainly moves them around, and in higher volumes than in the days of yore. But it's actual gameplay (like heroics and warzones) that "flood the economy" with credits.

People playing the game is what causes inflation. The prices on the GTN are an effect of that fact, not the cause.

Sorry dude, but you didn't understand the post you were replying too. Because it basically said the CM, NOT the gtn, is flooding the game with credits. Something that is definitely true.

However, even aside from that. If you play this game more or less intense you are thrown with credits to no end. I have no idea how so many people are always broke in the game. I play this game since last February, have 5 full decorated strongholds, a guild with an almost complete guild ship for which I personally paid most of the credits myself and I never bought any cm items other than for the 600 cc I get every month (or an occasional add on due to someone using my referral link). I've bought insanely expensive items from the gtn and I still end up today with credits in "cash" beyond 1 billion, the like 700 items I'm selling on the gtn or the ******** of mats or other items in my legacy cargo not counted in since they are dead assets atm but they likely sum up to additional 2-3 billion... or even more.

I always wonder how people are actually able to AVOID making this kind of in game cash amounts. It's so freaking easy by farming cash (which I would never do since it's boring and stupid), playing the gtn or just playing the game...

Edited by Khaleg

Except inflation sure did make things go skyrocket though, the price at which I finished my mount collection probably would've costed atleast 100-200x more now.

I also have spent nearly 2-3b on Decorations for all my 5 strongholds as well, even though I haven't played in like 2-3 years mostly, just hopping on once in awhile to do Gtn stuff real quick or decorating alittle as well every now and then.

Mount Collection

Edited by Theeko

I've been undercutting like a mofo. People in this thread wondering why you would sell something for like 500k when the same item is going for 50mil don't know what they're talking about.

I've listed some packs and other stuff I've gotten on the CM on the GTN for 250k-500k and made credits hand over fist because prices are so ludicrously high. I mean, this is the BEST time to play the GTN.