The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What about pve????

Drew_Braxton

This is true if you are only thinking of levelling your command rank, if it's actual gearing then the random goddess still needs to grace you with her presence, my best character is level 21 in gc yet I don't even have a complete set of blue 230 gear I have had no relics drop so I still have 178 heroic relics yet I have had 2 lots of chest pieces and 2 legs not what I actually wanted.

Outside of group content there is no reliable way to gear and even if you turned to gtn prices are subject to stupid inflation that can change massively at any time.

Yeah I had the same trouble with tier 1 but tier 2 has been very very kind!!! I'm waiting until 300 to use the components because there's nothing worserious than buying a piece to have it drop twice over the next 2 crates. Actually had that happen. I have 4 set pieces and I'm doing ok at 117 after making it through level 1 with only 2 dropping. Others were talking that tier 2 is Def more kind so it's not just me.

LOLWUUUUUUUUUUUT?! Pve has gotten fresh content consistantly for 2 years straight now. What has pvp gotten exactly?

Joke of the smurfing century.

There were 2 new warzones, Odessen and that new Rishi Arena.

There have been no new flashpoints since SoR (besides the lazy joke that is Star Fortress) and no new operations.

But anyway I was talking about unassembled components and not about new content so your comment doesnt make any sense to me...at least it has nothing to with my post.

What are you talking about? Best way to level is chapter 2 of kotfe on vet or master. You get tier 2 gear from crates. With a boost you will get about 3052 or so on vet. With the bonus of the day it's more 3400.

Isn't that a bit sad? Instead of playing the content I actually enjoy (which are hardmode flashpoints in my case) it would be wiser to grind the same boring chapter again and again and again and again.....

I used to play since it was fun and doing hadmode flashpoints still is very enjoyable for me but most of the time I spend now doing warzones (and I really don't like pvp at all) and also farming chapter 2 on master (which is utterly boring).

Nevertheless you are right....chapter 2 is the best way to level cxp atm...but I am really sick of a system that tempts me to play content I don't enjoy.

Best example for this is pvp: I really hate it and never felt the game was forcing me to pvp. I totally ignored this part of the game and was happy like that. But now pvp gives a very easy way to work towards specific pve-gearpieces (components). And this way doesnt exist for the content that I really enjoy. I want these gearpieces and doing unranked warzones is like a walk in the park, compared to finding a group for nim operations. Hence I'm pvping all day long though it totally sucks the fun out of the game for me.

Isn't that a bit sad? Instead of playing the content I actually enjoy (which are hardmode flashpoints in my case) it would be wiser to grind the same boring chapter again and again and again and again.....

I used to play since it was fun and doing hadmode flashpoints still is very enjoyable for me but most of the time I spend now doing warzones (and I really don't like pvp at all) and also farming chapter 2 on master (which is utterly boring).

Nevertheless you are right....chapter 2 is the best way to level cxp atm...but I am really sick of a system that tempts me to play content I don't enjoy.

Best example for this is pvp: I really hate it and never felt the game was forcing me to pvp. I totally ignored this part of the game and was happy like that. But now pvp gives a very easy way to work towards specific pve-gearpieces (components). And this way doesnt exist for the content that I really enjoy. I want these gearpieces and doing unranked warzones is like a walk in the park, compared to finding a group for nim operations. Hence I'm pvping all day long though it totally sucks the fun out of the game for me.

Totally agree. On all levels. I can't even focus on leveling my alts without thinking I should grind gc. I turned off the music. Put on Pandora. And listened to music during my grindfest of ch 2. It's the only sure fire way to get 3k plus cxp for the shortest time. With pvp you can get arenas or lose. Ch 2 can be completed in 7 min on vet for 3052 pts

LOLWUUUUUUUUUUUT?! Pve has gotten fresh content consistantly for 2 years straight now. What has pvp gotten exactly?

Joke of the smurfing century.

Let's see... TWO new PvP warzones versus ZERO flashpoints and ZERO operations in the past two years and change...

Yeah, PvE has SO gotten the better end of the stick!

/sarcasm

Don't get me wrong, we've been in a major content drought with only casual solo experiences offered for those two years, and I know two WZ maps isn't a lot. But it's still 200% more new content than what PvE players have been given (especially as all the Uprisings are just endless trash mobs and boss mechanics ripped from existing ops and flashpoints).

The only joke here involves EAWare and Ben Irving, and I'm not laughing.

Edited by AscendingSky

Just because you don't like the content doesn't let you get away with ignoring it.

Pve got 1 flashpoint in 4.0 the star fortresses and yes i think they were terribad. In 5.0 pve got the uprisings which if i remember right were touted as being "improved flashpoints", if I remember right how many are there now 8?, and new operation bosses are on the way. Also it could be argued the the story chapters are more or less flashpoints as well they have veteran and master mode difficulties.

pvp wise:

Rishi arena and Quesh huttball are the most recent additions i can think of can't remember when those came out.

Gsf hasn't had any official updates since sometime around 2.8, but it has had ninja broken components with what seems every other patch or so. Personally I was very surprised and delighted that gsf was included in the gcxp system and the unassembled component giveaway.

---------------

Now, just because you feel that the new additions to pve content is not up to your liking doesn't let you ignore that new pve content is there and I would guess that you have not cleared in much of it in master mode. So lets add it up maybe 25 master mode chapters, and 8 or so master mode uprising. How much of that new content have you cleared?

I have helped a friend to do 3 master chapters (and not bothered with any for myself) and have done maybe 4 or 5 veteran uprisings. There is new pve content for you to experience, way more new pve content than pvp content. I'm sorry but you can't ignore the pve content if you don't care for it, the new content is there for you.

If you feel the rewards are underwhelming that is a different conversation.

Enjoy.

Oh and just in case someone stumbles across this post and doesn't know about it, you can invite group members into your chapters by right clicking your portrait and summoning them.

Great, PVP gets more component drops. WHAT ABOUT PVE?! Why does Bioware have to be sleezy used car sales people?!? I don't like PVP. I don't want PVP, I won't do anymore PVP. Stop trying to sell PVP to people who don't want it! I'm not saying ignore them but holy mother of jawa stop trying to blend PVE and PVP.

Thanks to poor business decisions / not understanding your player base Shadowlands doesn't have the population it used to have. Pub side is usually a ghost town. Most PUGS couldn't finish a storymode upraising let alone a nim operation. There's few hard mode operation opportunities and far fewer nightmare ones. The most feasible ones have very very low odds of any gear dropping (1 gear piece in the last 5 nim nefra runs). So where does this leave PVEers? Maxed out at 240 with the only option to hit 242 dependent on a fail galactic command system hoping that one of the next desperate change made to salvage GC to stop losing more players actual help those like myself.

Getting really difficult to keep a positive outlook on this.... STOP ignoring an entire segment of the game!

You may be missing the point. PVE people are unaffected by the current system. It has always taken a long time to max gear up PVE. The change is to the PVPer, as it used to take 2-3 weeks to gear full, now it takes just as long as it takes a PVEer, which is extremely bad for the populations moving forward.

They should just give up trying to change it and revert back to 3.0

that's not happening. Not till 6.0 at least.

This is the pattern:

1.0 - Gear System set

1.x - 1.x - Adjustments Made to gear system (if any)

2.0 - Remake endgame gearing

2.x - 2.x - Adjustments Made to gear system (if any)

3.0 - Remake endgame gearing

3.x - 3.x - Adjustments Made to gear system (if any)

4.0 - Remake endgame gearing

4.x - 4.x - Adjustments Made to gear system (if any)

5.0 - Remake endgame gearing

5.x - 5.x - Adjustments Made to gear system (if any)

6.0 - Remake endgame gearing

Rinse and repeat

Edited by Nightblazer