Hole in terrain on yavin 4.

karriq

Just went there with one of my chars, it's definitely an in-game issue. Walked right up to it. It seems the terrain is offset a bit, and higher on one side of the "break" than the other, allowing you to look through under the ground, if you stand in the right spot. Been to that part of the map many times. Never noticed the problem before today. Which is odd, since it's right near a mission objective.

Coords are

X: 2762, Y:287, Z:155

on the "low" side,

same X/Y and Z:156 on the "high" side. Just stand near those coords and face West.

I remember playing with the Oblivion/Skyrim construction sets. You could manipulate the land. It's weird to think we are standing on less than a pixel of land beneath us. It's just texture on one side. :)

Building houses was the same and concrete walls. But when you get in the game, it doesn't feel like that. Even if you know it. So weird and cool at the same time. Your character looks like he's staring at it in disbelief. " OMG what's happening to the world?!!!!":D

Serious note: They still haven't fix the snow plops floating on Alderaan at the top of the stairs of Alde I believe. Who knows if they'll ever fix this. :( I wish this was my job. I'd be so OCD fixing all this stuff. I loved doing that in the construction kits. See a gap in the land and go stick a rock there!

Serious note: They still haven't fix the snow plops floating on Alderaan at the top of the stairs of Alde I believe. Who knows if they'll ever fix this. :( I wish this was my job. I'd be so OCD fixing all this stuff. I loved doing that in the construction kits. See a gap in the land and go stick a rock there!
Yeah, there's an instanced area on Hoth that I /bugged in game ages ago because there are crates and stuff floating above the ground all over the place in it. Don't remember the name, it was so long ago, but I bugged it when I went through on my first ever cahracter back in early 2012. Went through on an alt years later, and noticed nothing had changed. Probably still hasn't.

There's a similar problem in an instance on Quesh, some "mine" near the end of the planet series (I think) that has a table up on a platform. except it's actually floating above the platform. And there are "tools" that should be resting on top of the table, but are floating above it. That's right, stuff floating above the floating table....:eek:

There were times early on when I got to place in the game I'd never been, and I'd look around and think "This looks so cool, they really must have put a lot fo time and work into it, so much attention to detail". And then I see these other places, and wonder how they could have been so gawdawful careless / sloppy / lazy....

Edited by Adric_the_Red