Does 'gold' 242 gear scale better for pvp?

Bangorango

I heard that the gold 242 gear is better for pvp than the standard purple 240 gear...barring the stat increase, is there any truth to this? some type of hidden stat 'bonus' to pvp? like the old pvp gear that had damage reduction stats

Thanks for reading this post

I heard that the gold 242 gear is better for pvp than the standard purple 240 gear...barring the stat increase, is there any truth to this? some type of hidden stat 'bonus' to pvp? like the old pvp gear that had damage reduction stats

Thanks for reading this post

I would expect it's just the higher stats, and of course they might have a better mix of stats, and a set bonus.

242 gives you the stat-high mod/ehn, so its BIS. But other than an increase in item level formula, there's no magic stat increase.

In 5.0, when **** was bolstering weird, you had to think about what to gear, even at 240 (relic, for example) because other stuff would bolster to a higher end point than 240.

The only thing is the crit vs alacrity enhancements. You might not want all the alacrity (or crit) RNG gives you, but repeat drops should be able to fix that.

It's a *********** awful system and BW's own mothers likely do not even want to speak to their children that work there.

Have fun with the grind. I'm rank 506, still got (2) 242s left to go.

If you are talking about bolster, there is no bolster for either 240 or 242 gear. So the armor mods the 242 will always be better. For the other slots it really depends. I have not looked at them all but there are probably some slots that could do more damage with certain specific 240s vs 242 but I imagine the difference is negligible and the main reason you would use 240s would be on tank specs to give more HP instead of such high defense numbers. Edited by HelinCarnate

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.