Everyone in by the 15th.

Vant

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, seeing as they were advertising 'up to 5 days early access' as late as the first week of December....I would say any body who pre-ordered November or earlier should get in no later than the 15th. I'm no Lawyer, but if it can be proven they were adversising a 'potential' access that wasn't really possible they might find themselves in legal trouble if they aren't careful. It is for this reason I agree with you on the 15th NLT date.

Your a Space Chicken aren't you?

So I have I think I have figured something out! All these morons going durp durp I'm not in early access and it's early etc. durp durp. I would be willing to bet if we took a poll most of them voted or would have voted for Obama?

^ this

Maybe I'm just an optimist, but for some reason I think everyone will be in by the 15th. They said that the majority of pre-orders were done the day it was announced. With that said, my hunch is that everyone should be in by the end of the day on the 15th. Maybe I just have faith in BioWare, they've never let me down so far.

You're right, I ordered from a dutch website and now they say the next package will be here the 15th of December so I guess we can all start playing :)

Well, seeing as they were advertising 'up to 5 days early access' as late as the first week of December....I would say any body who pre-ordered November or earlier should get in no later than the 15th. I'm no Lawyer, but if it can be proven they were adversising a 'potential' access that wasn't really possible they might find themselves in legal trouble if they aren't careful. It is for this reason I agree with you on the 15th NLT date.

They still are.

Due to what has transpired today I'd like to think that Bioware takes a different stance on this "delayed" deployment tactic and puts 85-90% of the preorders in.

It's likely about 60% of them wont be able to play until evening anyways, since it's the middle of the work week people will play for 3 - 4 hours and go to bed for the other timezones to have their fun.

I can't possibly imagine Bioware wants the same thing happening on their forums tomorrow where posts reach +1000 in a matter of minutes because of the rage.

It looks like they let about 100K in today, and they are saying that they will let more in tomorrow.

I'm basing my info on data on http://www.VGChartz.com, which tracks preorder numbers for games. According to that site, on Aug. 6th, the first time SWTOR made their charts, they had about 234K pre-orders. In the blurb on SWTOR charting, they said that it had had 97K that week, which puts the numbers on Jul 30th at about 137K. Since it looks like people up to Jul 26th got in today, it looks like that would correspond to about when 100K or so people had pre-ordered.

Me? My pre-order was Nov 7th, so it looks like I'm waiting until the weekend. No biggie, it'll still be a longer pre-release window than most games give (if they give any at all).

It looks like they let about 100K in today, and they are saying that they will let more in tomorrow.

I'm basing my info on data on http://www.VGChartz.com, which tracks preorder numbers for games. According to that site, on Aug. 6th, the first time SWTOR made their charts, they had about 234K pre-orders. In the blurb on SWTOR charting, they said that it had had 97K that week, which puts the numbers on Jul 30th at about 137K. Since it looks like people up to Jul 26th got in today, it looks like that would correspond to about when 100K or so people had pre-ordered.

Me? My pre-order was Nov 7th, so it looks like I'm waiting until the weekend. No biggie, it'll still be a longer pre-release window than most games give (if they give any at all).

Yes, but that only tracks physical preorders, not origins which sold over 200K the first two days. So about 4-500K is right.

Stephen Reid also stated that tomorrow and Thursday will have A LOT more invites ,then again, they also said in an interview that they would be letting in several hundred thousand the first day, but that didn't occur.. But at least in this area I will choose to believe him.

Wednesday and Thursday = mass amounts of invites.

So the OPs theory may actually occur, who knows. We will see how much -a lot- more is, could be 6 waves instead of 5. Or could be 10 instead of 5, or even more. Who knows.

As for me, I am going to watch some more Supernatural, then pop in "A new Hope" at around 10, and then crash shortly after it finishes.

Here's to hopeing that we are all in by the 15th so the forums can be less rage filled. Though to be honest, some of it is amusing.

I hate having to correct some people though, I don't even care that I am not in, but when people keep raging that "Oh servers are full." when it has been said the site is bugged, and that all the servers are mostly light, few are Standard.

Anyways, here's to having some faith :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5Z0Bnr28K