Unassembled Component requirements are way too high.

ViciousFett

Since 5.1 I've got about 94 components total. It costs 180 for the tier 2 mainhand + the T1 version. In the amount of PVP matches I've played I'd have at least half a set of T2 pvp gear in the old system. Are there any plans to increase the amount of components earned in 5.2?

Add my vote to increase the output of those Unsassembled pieces. I understand the whole <it's best in game gear material> and all but there are limits. I PVP 3 to 6 hours and that's 3-4 days/week and I only got 2 x 242 so far since 5.1.1.

I somewhat deserve those pieces now just for still being around right ;-) :rak_03:

They plan to adress it in 5.1.2: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9231661#edit9231661

• The PvP Daily and Weekly Missions now reward a batch of Unassembled Components.
  • We have increased the Unassembled Components that are awarded to players after completing Ranked and Unranked Warzones.

Still, it's not intended to work the same way as pre 5.0 PVP gearing. The main way to get gear remains command crates. IMO the best use for unassembled components is to upgrade T2 gear you got from command crates, don't waste them to buy or upgrade T1.

Edited by Mubrak

They plan to adress it in 5.1.2: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9231661#edit9231661

• The PvP Daily and Weekly Missions now reward a batch of Unassembled Components.
  • We have increased the Unassembled Components that are awarded to players after completing Ranked and Unranked Warzones.

Still, it's not intended to work the same way as pre 5.0 PVP gearing. The main way to get gear remains command crates. IMO the best use for unassembled components is to upgrade T2 gear you got from command crates, don't waste them to buy or upgrade T1.

Thanks. Yeah, at first I was pissed because I had already dismantled several T1 pieces I didn't need pre-5.1, but I've since got several more from crates and still don't have enough components to buy one piece of T2. This new system is such a joke on so many levels.:mad:

Thanks. Yeah, at first I was pissed because I had already dismantled several T1 pieces I didn't need pre-5.1, but I've since got several more from crates and still don't have enough components to buy one piece of T2. This new system is such a joke on so many levels.:mad:

For PVE it would work, for those who pvp it does not .....

This is the biggest noob question, but how the hell does it work.

I went to the vendors to have a look at the tier one items and it says I need a 1 eternal unassembled piece of gear.

Where do I get that. Please don't tell me I have to some pve crap to get my gear.

Edited by Totemdancer

This is the biggest noob question, but how the hell does it work.

I went to the vendors to have a look at the tier one items and it says I need a 1 eternal unassembled piece of gear.

Where do I get that. Please don't tell me I have to some pvp crap to get my gear.

U can do ops and get it fro there but the unasambled tokens can only be aquired through pvp! :D There are operations for lovely PVE people like you, all you need to do is join a group and fight a few mob bosses!

U can do ops and get it fro there but the unasambled tokens can only be aquired through pvp! :D There are operations for lovely PVE people like you, all you need to do is join a group and fight a few mob bosses!

Yeah I have the tokens, but the vendor requires another item. ie if I want an ear piece, it asks for an unassembled ear piece. So where do I get that?

I do not want to do pve as I only pvp, so I'm not sure why you think I'm a pve person. I just don't understand this new gearing system.

Please don't tell me I have to some pvp crap to get my gear.

Here you say do pvp crap, this is why assumed.

That is why! :) Because i don't do PVE content, very rare, i am not sure, but i think in supplies section there is a vendor where you can get the piece, its in the middle of the both rooms, i think it is in the room on the most right

Yeah I have the tokens, but the vendor requires another item. ie if I want an ear piece, it asks for an unassembled ear piece. So where do I get that?

I do not want to do pve as I only pvp, so I'm not sure why you think I'm a pve person. I just don't understand this new gearing system.

See my post above! :))))

I agree.. i won't even get my 4 toons geared, and bam there will be another expansion and another grind .... it is ridiculous... i mainly only PvP and don't have the time to grind, so at disadvantage against those who put in 3 to 4 hours every day...

THIS ISSUE IS MY ISSUE. i couldnt even play at all yesterday like i planed too. and i may not be able to again today. if thats the case i am 2 days behind on the grind for my 5 toons out of 12 i am taking thru this mess for gear. 2 of the toons has a full set of 230 gear and one has a long ways to go to even start getting the next tier of gear. while my main toons just getting started to grind for tier 2 and so far its been 2 weeks and not one piece of tier 2 gear because of the cost and how much time i have to grind. This sucks BW, please lets speed this up.

The best way to go is focusing on your main to reach T3 mods+schematics. Then you can start gearing your alts with T3 gear, and use those alts to get pvp weekly rewards and set gear.

With weeklies giving unassembled components, and unassembled components being legacy bound, the more alts you complete weeklies with = the more components you get for your main.

totally agree, the rate at which we get them is an insult. what's worse, is that even though I've collected about 500 on my main now, I don't want to spend any of them because I know that as soon as I buy something i'll prob get that item from a cxp crate. so in order to make sure I don't get screwed over by the game's very very very stupid luck system, I have to wait until I have enough for all my top gear at once, and only spend them before that to keep myself under "max tokens". worse gearing system I've ever seen in over 20 yrs of gaming. the lack of care these devs have towards the pvp community is truly mind-blowing.

Since 5.1 I've got about 94 components total. It costs 180 for the tier 2 mainhand + the T1 version. In the amount of PVP matches I've played I'd have at least half a set of T2 pvp gear in the old system. Are there any plans to increase the amount of components earned in 5.2?

Yes they are, thats why they increase the amount of components we get through pvp.;)

Unassembled Gear (earpiece, belt etc) - come from drops in Ops

Unassembled Components - come from participating in PvP

Command Tokens - come from command crates

Ok, so the tier one vendor on the fleet says it requires an unassembled gear (earpiece etc), plus 8 unassembled components to buy the piece of tier one gear.

I thought this component and command tokens were supposed to allow you to gear through Pvp and not have to do pve.

Why does the vendor ask for this unassembled gear and where am I supposed to get it,

I'm obviously missing something and I'm not sure what?

Edit : found it.

So for anyone who doesn't know, the unassembled gear vendor is only one guy and is located in the last bay on the right behind the counter between the other vendors.

You can use your tokens to buy the unassembled piece you need. Then take it to the other bay to the left and hand it in with more tokens to get a tier one piece.

I have to say this is the most convoluted and stupid process, why they don't just increase the cost of the tier one piece and remove this process. I thought the whole reasoning behind removing all the extra currencies was to make it less confusing. But this is even worse than before. The old system was so easy. This new system is stupid.

How do these guys even have jobs 😡

Edited by Totemdancer

I've gone over 200 crates with no 242 drops. Earned 7 items with components. I do hate the grind but if there weren't on opportunity to earn items with components, I'd have been long gone by now.

They've jacked the RNG in crates way down to force this "new grind" on you. But at least its a targeted grind.