The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Galactic Command isn't that bad and i'm enjoying it

fushnchips

More irony. But then, "BioWare" and "short-sighted" seem to go together an awful lot lately, don't they.

("Inimical" is not a noun, BTW...)

Hehe ... I took it to the "those who would be inimical" conclusion and couldn't find a proper term for it while maintaining your verbage. So I took creative license. :D

You have my "aye" on Bioware's short-sightedness. It began when Ben Irving was given the keys to the Ferrari; and has gotten so bad that one can't tell it's a Ferrari anymore. Hell ... it's barely recognizable as an automobile.

Edited by GalacticKegger

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who think I'm lying: I just got one 234 offhand, 234 implant, 236 implant and 234 legs from 15 tier 2 crates.

Can I prove it? Yes.

Cool story bro. You have your gear, so obviously the system is perfect and no one else can possibly be having terrible luck, right? Everyone else's results MUST be just like yours despite the RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR system governing gear, right?!

Your statement epitomizes the "**** you, got mine" selfish mentality of the EAWare white knight perfectly. You're also terrible at math and at understanding how probability works.

Edited by AscendingSky

You said, "not possible." The fact that it actually is possible is enough to warrant torches and pitchforks from the villagers. [Edit] And I agree with them... who really wants to be that guy who gets absolutely nothing? Who wants to see their friend get absolutely nothing he wants and so quits the game over it? Who wants a system where the creators actually thought it was an acceptable idea that a player has the possibility of getting nothing he wants for the time he puts in?

Exactly! Gearing should not be random! Gearing should not be based on luck! If any player on this game can grind all the way up to Command Rank 300 and have even the slightest chance that they receive NOTHING for their effort, then the Galactic Command system is terrible rubbish.

Cool story bro. You have your gear, so obviously the system is perfect and no one else can possibly be having terrible luck, right? Everyone else's results MUST be just like yours despite the RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR system governing gear, right?!

Your statement epitomizes the "**** you, got mine" selfish mentality of the EAWare white knight perfectly. You're also terrible at math and at understanding how probability works.

Just to prove that just because someone is at command rank 200 with only 3 set pieces doesn't mean everyone has same luck. Random is random. Btw, someone already said that it's impossible to get 5 set pieces in first tier... I just proved that wrong too.

Exactly! Gearing should not be random! Gearing should not be based on luck! If any player on this game can grind all the way up to Command Rank 300 and have even the slightest chance that they receive NOTHING for their effort, then the Galactic Command system is terrible rubbish.

So, they should give free 242s for anyone brave enough to complete EV/KP HM?

Edited by Halinalle

Just to prove that just because someone is at command rank 200 with only 3 set pieces doesn't mean everyone has same luck. Random is random. Btw, someone already said that it's impossible to get 5 set pieces in first tier... I just proved that wrong too.

Actually, you were the one saying it was impossible for people to not get a full set on tier, or to get nothing from the crates, because you don't understand probability. :D

Oh bless your heart... that isn't even remotely what I said, dear. Stop beating that poor, abused strawman; what did he ever do to you? Yet another tired white knight tactic being pulled out again instead of common sense and logic.

What I said was that gearing should not be random and not based on luck. What should it be based on? Effort! Like how you could get set gear token rewards from every ops boss you downed, get crystals from all kinds of content to buy PvE gear in addition, and how you would get PvP comms to buy PvP gear every match based on how many medals you earned.

EFFORT is fair. RNG is not; indeed, it's the very antithesis of fair, because it's random.

Edited by AscendingSky

Actually, you were the one saying it was impossible for people to not get a full set on tier, or to get nothing from the crates, because you don't understand probability. :D

Actually it was "impossible to get 0, cero, nul, noll, nolla, null, náid, zero set pieces".

Crystals (commendations) especially glowing and radiant (elite and ultimate) crystals (commendations) became useless after you started doing operations. Low power, high endurance mods and enhancements. That marginal increase in armoring stats wasn't worth replacing set bonus armoring.

Seriously, if you want gear: do operations. You will be in full 242 faster than anyone else.

Edited by Halinalle

Actually it was "impossible to get 0, cero, nul, noll, nolla, null, náid, zero set pieces".

Seriously, if you want gear: do operations. You will be in full 242 faster than anyone else.

Hooray for shifting the goalposts! I'm about to score white knight bingo! And you continue to avoid common sense and logic so that you don't have to admit you don't understand probability, bravo. :rak_03:

Edited by AscendingSky

Hooray for shifting the goalposts! I'm about to score white knight bingo! And you continue to avoid common sense and logic so that you don't have to admit you don't understand probability, bravo. :rak_03:

It's funny cause only last boss is guarentueed. You can kill every non Apex NiM boss and see no loot drops. Thus discouraging any new groups from running NiM. How people don't understand NiM should be guaranteed specific loot is beyond me. All bosses should drop specific guarentueed pieces with EV and KP HM being 230 and only 236 for Final boss. No more chance drops and other garbage. End of story.

Edited by FerkWork

LOL. Man you really have it out for the strawmen today. In all the deserved flames BINO's been getting over GC if the Highlighed Hard Mode program was referenced, in particular the inclusion of EV and KP, it's been to trash it.

Should be obvious but since you're playing ignorant: 230 tokens from SM, 236 tokens from HM, 242 tokens from NiM. Revert the bolster change and put it back at 250. Drop Unassembled Components from everything else. Forget any plans for adding new ranks or tiers.

RNG gearing will go away sooner or later. The sooner the better because the player hostility they've fostered is turning to apathy at an accelerated rate. Their game is aflame while Ben fiddles.

Should be obvious but since you're playing ignorant: 230 tokens from SM, 236 tokens from HM, 242 tokens from NiM. Revert the bolster change and put it back at 250. Drop Unassembled Components from everything else. Forget any plans for adding new ranks or tiers.

SM ops never had bolster to 250. Seriously, if you need that then your dds should learn how to play their classes.

But I guess it fits current playerbase correctly: "Blood Hunt first boss is impossible", "Why do we hit enrage in SM? Remove enrage from SM!".

Edited by Halinalle

SM ops never had bolster to 250. Seriously, if you need that then your dds should learn how to play their classes.

But I guess it fits current playerbase correctly: "Blood Hunt first boss is impossible", "Why do we hit enrage in SM? Remove enrage from SM!".

And now we have calling other players who disagree with the white knight 'bads'... THAT'S WHITE KNIGHT BINGO!

Edited by AscendingSky

And now we have calling other players who disagree with the white knight 'bads'... THAT'S WHITE KNIGHT BINGO!

I like more how the main issues were sidestepped along with everything else that was said and lazer focused that misskewed point. Cause PvP bolster that was being discussed.

The funny thing is I did BH SM when 3.0 dropped and HM the day 3.1 dropped with pugs lol.

Edited by FerkWork

Your question: how to get gear?

Answer: do operations.

It doesn't take long to get into full 230 (you could probably do EV/KP HM half naked), then full 236 and finally full 242.

You can keep pulling this goalpost shifting and logic dodging all you want, but everyone can look up your previous posts in the thread and see that your actual argument was how it was IMPOSSIBLE for other people to not have the OMG AMAZING luck you have had with RNG gear drops from Command Crates. Bless your heart for your precious white knighting!

Edited by AscendingSky

How it's should be Specific pieces and 100% drop rate:

230: SM and 4/5 EV/KP HM.

236: HM and EV/KP Final HM Final Boss

242: NiM Ops and Cora and Revan HM drop Implant and relic respectively on top of their 236.

The irony is that joke bosses like Eyeless drop 242 gear in current system. My system would effort back into getting gear instead of farming faceroll content. Keep the GC for the gambling addicts here. :rolleyes:

Edited by FerkWork

How it's should be Specific pieces and 100% drop rate:

230: SM and 4/5 EV/KP HM.

236: HM and EV/KP Final HM Final Boss

242: NiM Ops and Cora and Revan HM drop Implant and relic respectively on top of their 236.

The irony is that joke bosses like Eyeless drop 242 gear in current system. My system would effort back into getting gear instead of farming faceroll content. Keep the GC for the gambling addicts here. :rolleyes:

Nightmare should only drop 240s and revan HM is a joke even Cora these bosses got a nerfed so much they are no longer what they were and when released having a kill and getting that gear then I would agree but now no way.

right back on track I have been doing another toon this time the drops are as rare as winning the lottery but it pushes me further to earn the next crate to try my luck again.

Nightmare should only drop 240s and revan HM is a joke even Cora these bosses got a nerfed so much they are no longer what they were and when released having a kill and getting that gear then I would agree but now no way.

right back on track I have been doing another toon this time the drops are as rare as winning the lottery but it pushes me further to earn the next crate to try my luck again.

They already drop 242 so it's moot point and it incentivizes groups to run those fights since I have been at JC few Revan and Cora kills in 5.0 and most of 4.0 kills. Especially the amount of groups doing it are pitifully low across servers. It's just an Implant an Relic compared to Nefra existing so whatevs And how can we talk about jokes when Farming Fractured or Throwing Snowballs got you crates with the chance for BiS. That would be called hypocrisy :rolleyes:

All GC has pushed me to do is play more FFXIV where I get loot drops for doing actual content not fueling gambling addictions in some people. :rolleyes:

Edited by FerkWork

Is there a limit on the Ignore list size?

Thanks to the vigorous debate on GC in several threads, I've furiously been adding White Knights" / Trolls to it recently. Not that there weren't already several trolls on my list already. I do keep seeing other people's responses to fushncips, Halinalle, Eli_Porter and so on but I skip reading those responses as well.

Is there a limit on the Ignore list size?

Thanks to the vigorous debate on GC in several threads, I've furiously been adding White Knights" / Trolls to it recently. Not that there weren't already several trolls on my list already. I do keep seeing other people's responses to fushncips, Halinalle, Eli_Porter and so on but I skip reading those responses as well.

If you don't like a thread don't read it simple no body is forcing you to read anything on the forums but to label people as White Knights & Trolls really isn't fair is it ? does that make you one of the above that you hate so much ?

SM ops never had bolster to 250.

Oh bother, I should not post before the coffee has fully metabolized. That was in reference to PvP.

But that of course fixing the gear system to something less disgusting doesn't fit your narrative, so whatevs. Seems like an increasing number of folks disagree with you so I hope you have the millions it'll take to keep this game afloat. Assuming you're not trying to kill it.

If I had a penny for every post where someone said everything is horrible because they had bad luck... hell, I'd even take all the pennies from posts where someone merely assumed they'd have bad luck and didn't even try.

Doesn't change anything but you couldn't resist right?