Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Where is the incentive for running chapters at a higher difficulty?

SteveColoSp

So since today is bonus for chapters I decided to run a few. I ran KOTFE Chap I: The Hunt on story first just to breeze through it since it was worth 1520 cxp. Five minutes and done. Too easy. So I decided to run Vet mode. Still 1520 cxp and still item rating 190 gear. So I checked Master mode. Same thing. Tell me Bioware, where is the incentive to run this old crap at a higher difficulty?

Higher difficulty give higher cxp, but also takes longer.

Personally i've found VET to be my sweet spot of cxp/minute on chapters. For me , the VET level barely take longer at all while give a great deal more than Story. For me the increased time and cxp of Master make the ratio still better than Story, but not as good as Veteran.

It all boils down to cxp/minute.

Of course the Crates are still Crap, so...

I ran Kotfe Chapter 2 last night on Vet and Master, CXP I got on Vet was 2750 and master 3750. Dont know why you are only getting 1500 on all three. Also I timed them master mode took 11 mins and vet took 9 so I thought master was more then worth the extra 2 mins, but that is with me being range and able to kite the last boss while Valkorian heals me. Edited by tinybdmc
need to add something

just ran a test on Chapter 2 which concurs with a previous poster, the Mission log is buggy

Story Mode:

Mission said: 1520

Mission rewarded: 1520

Time: 7:50

CXP/Min 194

Veteran Mode:

Mission rewarded: 2565

Time: 9:34

CXP/Min 268

Master Mode:

Mission rewarded: 3800

Time: 14:10

CXP/Min 268 (I must be getting better, same rate as Veteran now, whereas it used to be worse for me)

just ran a test on Chapter 2 which concurs with a previous poster, the Mission log is buggy

Story Mode:

Mission rewarded: 1520

Time: 7:50

CXP/Min 194

Veteran Mode:

Mission rewarded: 2565

Time: 9:34

CXP/Min 268

Master Mode:

Mission rewarded: 3800

Time: 14:10

CXP/Min 268 (I must be getting better, same rate as Veteran now, whereas it used to be worse for me)

That's a nice amount for running story mode, time to go back and do some of my favourite chapters! :) A shame it's not like that all the time lol.

Way too rewarding IMO. This is with all bonuses: http://i.imgur.com/DWDqf1X.jpg and takes me 7 minutes per run.

Feels like I'm being heavily encouraged to run this over and over because other content can't compete for rewards.

Players will play how it suits them, if that means going for the highest rewards they will.

Personally when I run story mode - I do it for the story so I don't skip cut scenes, I watch them. It's all about the story for me. I can never do a full chapter in 7 minutes by playing the story.

Way too rewarding IMO. This is with all bonuses: http://i.imgur.com/DWDqf1X.jpg and takes me 7 minutes per run.

Feels like I'm being heavily encouraged to run this over and over because other content can't compete for rewards.

Even though I regularly farm that I would still have to agree. The rewards for the fast chapters are exactly the same as the rewards for the chapters that take much much longer. Chapter 1 and 2 should probably be reduced and the other chapter rewards increased to allow for roughly the same rewards for time spent. However they should not be looking at those of us that repeatedly run the same chapters over and over to get an average time as we tend to throw off the curve.

Even though I regularly farm that I would still have to agree. The rewards for the fast chapters are exactly the same as the rewards for the chapters that take much much longer. Chapter 1 and 2 should probably be reduced and the other chapter rewards increased to allow for roughly the same rewards for time spent. However they should not be looking at those of us that repeatedly run the same chapters over and over to get an average time as we tend to throw off the curve.

That could be solved with a timer - no CXP for repeating a chapter quest sooner than say every 30 minutes or something. Forcing people into other chapters instead of being able to repeat the same ones over.. Those early chapters are not fast at all if you watch the cut scenes because they are very very story heavy. Some of those cut scenes alone run for like 10 minutes or so each. Then those who are actually playing it for the story, aren't gimped on rewards.

Edited by Suzsi

So since today is bonus for chapters I decided to run a few. I ran KOTFE Chap I: The Hunt on story first just to breeze through it since it was worth 1520 cxp. Five minutes and done. Too easy. So I decided to run Vet mode. Still 1520 cxp and still item rating 190 gear. So I checked Master mode. Same thing. Tell me Bioware, where is the incentive to run this old crap at a higher difficulty?

I'm getting over 3000 CXP per chapter when i run with a toon that has the DS/LS winning faction on veteran now this also means I have full legacy unlocks + running a booster but hey 3000+ CXP hell yeah that's a golden deal right there for me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.