unified cartel coin prize for collections account unlocks!

Noxsabe

Not sure if you really noticed but the account wide unlock in your collections is all over the place! range from 400 to 60 cartel coins. and it is not just that the "logic" used is beyond me! a single hat (1 item) cost 400 coins to unlock for the entire account and then other armor (SETS, 6+ items) only cost 60 cartel coins ? WHY WHY.

its time you guys change the unlock prize to one and the same (60 cartel coins) people are more likely to spend there cartel coins on account wide unlocks if the prize is low and fair! 400 coins for an unlock is NEVER fair, 240 is over the top and in some cases (new armors) OK, 60 coins is about the correct prize.

at-least give us "or me" a reason why some items cost 400 coins to account wide unlock and others only 240 or 60?

really please do tell me what your logic is behind this.!

Prize? Oh, price...

It's not "all over the place". Gold/platinum rarity are 400, silver are 240, and bronze are 60.

And for some things, it's actually less than back in the day. I'm not sure of the rarity of an Aratech Rose (long spindly glowy pink speeder(1)), but when I bought the unlock during 2.X, it was 500 CCs to unlock it.

(1) For a while, even my male Sith used this because I didn't get any speeders in the mail. Now, not so much, because every new character receives 9 speeders or other mounts in the mail. But I created one character during the DvL event who does use it. BT4 Human Female gunslinger whose preferred armour set is the Mantellian Privateer dyed pink/purple. On a pink glowing speeder.

Prize? Oh, price...

It's not "all over the place". Gold/platinum rarity are 400, silver are 240, and bronze are 60.

And for some things, it's actually less than back in the day. I'm not sure of the rarity of an Aratech Rose (long spindly glowy pink speeder(1)), but when I bought the unlock during 2.X, it was 500 CCs to unlock it.

(1) For a while, even my male Sith used this because I didn't get any speeders in the mail. Now, not so much, because every new character receives 9 speeders or other mounts in the mail. But I created one character during the DvL event who does use it. BT4 Human Female gunslinger whose preferred armour set is the Mantellian Privateer dyed pink/purple. On a pink glowing speeder.

oh gold, silver, bronze .... well that makes sense that it should be different, but still 400 coins, djeez

and don't get me wrong here i "kinda" understand f2p and all but 400 coins for 1 item that's pushing it if you ask me.

and by 1 item i mean helmet or chest ONLY !!

Edited by Noxsabe
clarification

oh gold, silver, bronze .... well that makes sense that it should be different, but still 400 coins, djeez

and don't get me wrong here i "kinda" understand f2p and all but 400 coins for 1 item that's pushing it if you ask me.

and by 1 item i mean helmet or chest ONLY !!

Remember that unlocking something in collections allows the creation of potentially unlimited copies of that item, across your entire account.

I don't know about you, but hypothetically 400 CC's for unlimited copies of Revan's armor, or Satele Shan's armor is a pretty fair price, IMO.

400 CC's to create unlimited copies of that defiant vented saber? Sounds pretty cheap to me.

Given how collections stuff is almost entirely cosmetic (Companions maybe not so much, at least when starting a new character) I feel the price for unlocking them is too high. To be fair, I feel the cost in CC Vs Real Money is too high in general but it seems particularly bad if someone has just paid $40 for a Hypercrate, been lucky and got a platinum and a couple of golds and then has to spend another $15 to be able to use them across other characters. As it is now I find myself sticking stuff in my bank because I'm not yet sure which toon I want to use it on.

Given how collections stuff is almost entirely cosmetic (Companions maybe not so much, at least when starting a new character) I feel the price for unlocking them is too high. To be fair, I feel the cost in CC Vs Real Money is too high in general but it seems particularly bad if someone has just paid $40 for a Hypercrate, been lucky and got a platinum and a couple of golds and then has to spend another $15 to be able to use them across other characters. As it is now I find myself sticking stuff in my bank because I'm not yet sure which toon I want to use it on.

When Johnny pays that single one time cost to unlock an item in collections, it allows the creation of UNLIMITED copies of that item across his ENTIRE account and EVERY SERVER. That does not sound like such a bad deal to me, especially when subscribers get a minimum of 500 CC's per month in stipend.

So, Johnny can buy that shiny on the GTN, then use his monthly stipend to unlock it in collections, and create unlimited copies of that item without haveing to spend a dime.

I only unlock items I know I will use on all my toons. There are some that I have that I have yet to use because I don't like the looks of but most of the ones I have unlocked, the women's shorts, skirts and things like that I unlocked account wide because when I create another toon they don't just have one outfit to wear.

• 3 weeks later...
don't get me wrong, i understand the need to generate money, but my frustration is with the 400CC single items, like helmets or upper armor chest items, i'm fine paying 400CC for a full set of armor that looks cool, but i have a few helmets that are cool and cost 400CC seriously , we can't ask for a copy and sell that on the GTN because that's not possible. and ofc its just an option to account unlock. i played like 2 weeks tops F2P i always played this game subbed, so why the high cost for subbed players? at-least we get 50% off on character changes anyways... its clearly based on popular items, look at what they do now, with the direct sale of armor sets :D seriously overpriced if you ask me! then again its EA overlords we are talking about.