The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Current State of Dps Powertech

Hydden

Hi,

Even if PT got some glory in the past, the class is clearly currently in a bad spot.

To begin with, Powertech is on both AP and Pyro spec, one of the wost damage dealer of the game, according to dummy test and parse leaderboard. But with gearing and pratice it's still ok..i guess...

But i'm on the pvp section and i'll talk about it.

In Battleground, i don't see any big issues since it's mostly teamplay.

But, in Ranked PVP (Arena), it's just nightmare.

-First, i often get insulted by mates because i'm Qing with a lowtier class

-Secondly, I'm maybe the weakest class when it comes to face a focus. There is really no way for me to delay my death except kiting/runing/hiding (which can depend on the map). And i spend a lot of my Arena, dead....

It's really strange for me that PT, a supposed OffTank class, got less survivability than ranged dps (mercs, snip...) and i'm also speaking here in the name of my Jug friends...

Stealth users got vanish, sorc phasewalk and bubble, marau got 99%dmg reduc and stealth, snip got a lot of escape and defensives cd (2x...) and finaly, Merc, got 3 health bar and it's seems to be ok for Bioware.

PT got no way to escape/reflect/stop for a while, the damage taken, i can only reduc them for a few seconds and try to get bursted down...slower...

Basicly it's impossible to me to correctly play (for me and my mates) one part of the game: Ranked PVP soloQ.

If a survivor of Bioware's Team may read this and try to maybe balance their game, by giving us a slight buff on defensives cd (maybe a few seconds reflect on the shield?).

I understand that every class go some patch to shine and some patch in the lowtier. But you really need to be quicker.

Stop making Cartel Material and ffs start working on the real game.

PS: And FFS, will you ever nerf those Mercs seriously, everybody is rolling this retarded class and Ranked PVP is full of them. My last Ranked Arena 3mercs/1PT(me) vs 3Mercs/1Jug.

Both me and Jugg were bursted down together and we were spectating an endless 3v3 fights of unkillable Tank/Heal/DPS Mercs.....

Edited by Hydden

It's not just ranked, it's unranked as well. I play a pyrotech and it took myself and a dps sorc longer then it should have to get rid of one operative. It's stealth abilities I expected yes that I can understand, but not when it takes that long to get rid of one operative. Oh and no the operative wasn't a healer

I really think bioware needs to address how absurd the defensive capabilities of mercs and snipers have become (probably marauders a tad too, that new utility was completely unnecessary) before they start handing out still more survivability buffs. I think it may be surprising how little PTs need, if anything, if they ever actually do something about it.

This defensive cooldown arms race is cancer and needs to stop.

I really think bioware needs to address how absurd the defensive capabilities of mercs and snipers have become (probably marauders a tad too, that new utility was completely unnecessary) before they start handing out still more survivability buffs. I think it may be surprising how little PTs need, if anything, if they ever actually do something about it.

This defensive cooldown arms race is cancer and needs to stop.

this! instead of changing everyone else just decrease defensives on these 3 OP classes. I still wonder who thought increasing snipers&marauders defensives was neccessary, he must have no clue how good both were when played correctly :confused: As a sentinel main i can only shake my head about this new utility. Sure its nice to have, but it wasnt needed in any way. As fors snipers....they should just give them boss immunity so i get at least some cxp when i manage to take one down (with the help of others) :rolleyes:

Don't think they need to nerf any class. Just buff the ones that are logging behind. Juggs need some serious help in the defense department. I think Engraged defense was inadvertently nerfed, in that our HP was increased but the Fixed value of HP that ED refunds did not increase proportionately with our HP, so an unintentional nerf.

Replacing Reckoning with Blood Ward for Juggernauts would be a nice addition to the defense. I mean, its not like we have AOE and other damage reducing utilities like most other classes. The blood ward utility would help with the stun locks.

I can agree probably trauma shield should be moved to PT instead, as merc already has multiple things that buff their own shield, there doesn't need to be more. Along with that Pyrotech isn't in the best spot, i'm not sure if searing wave is bugged or what, but when it hits lower than a auto attack when it's empowered somethings wrong. It's instantly 20 heat and required for procing immolate, flamethrower was fine, it was even fitting to Pyrotech. There wasn't anything wrong with it, "Oh lets make them more on the move." I can understand that, but the slow that came with Pyro flamethrower was fine, least you could do is make it a move on channel. :rak_02: Instead of completely replacing it with garbage.

Don't think they need to nerf any class.

I agree that buffing is better in general, because of the loss aversion. However in this case, gameplay as a whole suffers from a inflation of defensives. You barely get kills, and thus many games become stalemates. Getting to the datacore in voidstar for example has become a rarity because its very hard to clean up all doors.

Of course dying is not fun, but i rather die ten times and get ten kills, than a warzone where i dont die and dont get any kills. Lets be adults, its just a game, dying is not the end of the world.

LOL, PT? Try Juggernant.

You will know what is can not kill everyone, can not escape, low survivalibility.

Oh please, Jugg is in a MUCH better spot that PT. You guys have reflect , H2F, and a crazy damage reduction ability. We have............yeah......

I can agree probably trauma shield should be moved to PT instead, as merc already has multiple things that buff their own shield, there doesn't need to be more. Along with that Pyrotech isn't in the best spot, i'm not sure if searing wave is bugged or what, but when it hits lower than a auto attack when it's empowered somethings wrong. It's instantly 20 heat and required for procing immolate, flamethrower was fine, it was even fitting to Pyrotech. There wasn't anything wrong with it, "Oh lets make them more on the move." I can understand that, but the slow that came with Pyro flamethrower was fine, least you could do is make it a move on channel. :rak_02: Instead of completely replacing it with garbage.

No, flame thrower was realyl bad, because people would just stun you or throw you, and your damage just went out the window.

parsely.io site shows that PT dps is down the floor, look this. And u talk just about a 1 spec - advanced prototype. Try pyrotech spec - glass cannon and very low dps/burst last 4 year. First sniper, merc, marauder fury/annih, jugger smash or scank, oper u meat, will eat u with your boots. Very low survivable, 10m range and low dps.

AP is few better, if word "better" can be used here. Cuz it's a same bottom.

Do u know what people talks when u queued solo ranked? No? then try :D

Edited by Mega_Fallos

I have actually lost a lot of games in which the team got killed since we were all focusing the Jugg, PT or dps Sorc who kitted like mad!! This is a game changer if done well and its always about "focus the PT, jugg, sorc first round to see if he kites" that is the typical chat.

If done well you will the game for your team, this is about any class, in a team of 4 Mercs i got focused and killed fast, regardless of the OP class. Next round i was prepared, kitted, cced, pushed back etc, we won both rounds then, its about adapting, that is the core of ranked matches.

I've started to play my Vanguard like an operative (or like a scout ship). I get in (or 40m pull) deal my burst, then get out. I'm often saving my AoE hardstun > Charge the Line for a 'tactical retreat' as you describe.

It definitely feels harder to play as a Vanguard, you need to interrupt, stun and LoS as your DCDs. Luckily Vanguards aren't slow.

My main issue? Why is it that sometimes my harpoon doesn't fire? Also, sometimes I use my leap (and it goes on cooldown) but I don't actually leap. I use the double leap utility sometimes as my other 'tactical retreat', but sometimes it doesn't fire.

I never imagined that we would ever be this bad, but hope remains. Regardless of Bio's continuous failures in regards to the system, I just don't see them overlooking this problem. The problem is just way too apparent for even a two year old to overlook. I am very happy for mercs getting a buff, but I had no idea they would become a god mode class.

Exactly, pt is viable in TR - Jug isn't. :l

It's really hard to say, because I never tried jugg dps against strong teams this expac, but I feel vengeance CAN be viable. Just ALL your teammates should be very strong and have a clue.

I think PT tank, engineering sniper and obviously sorc healer is way to go as a team.

Edited by DerSchneider

It's really hard to say, because I never tried jugg dps against strong teams this expac, but I feel vengeance CAN be viable. Just ALL your teammates should be very strong and have a clue.

I think PT tank, engineering sniper and obviously sorc healer is way to go as a team.

Yeah...theirs a big difference between saying pt shank tank is "viable" in team ranked and pt is viable

AP and pyro arnt at all viable