Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Does Bioware listen to players?

shyzofreny

I see all these threads about "nerf this, fix that" but as far as I know, Bioware never really cared about players' opinions PvP-wise if there was no money involved. This has been the case since launch. I personally think that PvP in here is the last thing devs care about, if at all. Correct me if I'm wrong?

So why play pvp then? I honestly don't get all these people whining. SWTOR is clearly about the story, not about PvP. You want it - go to Overwatch. Why complain? Nothing's gonna change anyway.

I read books and watch movies for the story, story in this game is garbage. I only play it because it's Star Wars MMO.

Edited by Alex_York

No. They don't listen to PvP players.

If they did anytime, I wouldn't be as nerf as I am (Operative Healer).

Did you guys see Operative Healers in PvP? I will answer for you. No, you didn't because we're close to the extinction.

Most of the healers in PvP (around 95%) are Sorceress because they are not nerfed like us. They are just OP as hell with not that much skill required to play them.

TL;DR - When Operative Healer is decent in PvP, I will belive that BioWare listen to players.

Did you guys see Operative Healers in PvP? I will answer for you. No, you didn't because we're close to the extinction.

Most of the healers in PvP (around 95%) are Sorceress because they are not nerfed like us. They are just OP as hell with not that much skill required to play them.

TL;DR - When Operative Healer is decent in PvP, I will belive that BioWare listen to players.

Operative healers actually have more healing potential than sorcs, and in 8v8's they are the top heal spec. an equally skilled sorc and Op, the Op will heal more. the merc will still be on the bottom, like always :'(

Operative healers actually have more healing potential than sorcs, and in 8v8's they are the top heal spec. an equally skilled sorc and Op, the Op will heal more. the merc will still be on the bottom, like always :'(

I don't care about numbers mate. I just want a buff of survivality... We only have a roll that we can't use if we're slowed or root... Just compare the skillset of Sorceres vs Operative (Even Mercs has more survival skills)

EDIT: In Solo Q, Operative is tunneled, why? Because of the lack of survivality :D

Edited by SamuDabu

I see all these threads about "nerf this, fix that" but as far as I know, Bioware never really cared about players' opinions PvP-wise if there was no money involved. This has been the case since launch. I personally think that PvP in here is the last thing devs care about, if at all. Correct me if I'm wrong?

You are 100% correct, in fact one only needs to look at the posts in the PvP section that have an actual @bioware response. I think it's about 1/1000. Then they come back later and apologize for the lack of communication. Funny thing is some people actually believe that bioware cares about the PvP community.

They listen to players when enough unsub. Tons of people said no to RNG gearing and they didn't listen. When did they make changes? After subs started dropping. Although the changes really don't fix the real problem and they will keep losing people until they remove the RNG aspect as the primary way to get gear. Edited by HelinCarnate

TBH, ops healer is the most balanced out of the three healers. We do not want to buff ops to sorc level. We want to nerf sorc to ops level.

TBH, ops healer is the most balanced out of the three healers. We do not want to buff ops to sorc level. We want to nerf sorc to ops level.

I play the Scoundrel healer and did an arena last night where I kept my team up despite two Sorc heals. Their team's low DPS was an issue for them as their team had a tank where as we were trinity balanced, one tank, healer (me) and two DPS although one was a DPS Sage as well as the fact they used up their tricks staying up. Was actually backfill for that one and we got to sudden death, second and third round- won both and I was able to keep myself up long enough to outlast the other team second round, and my team the third.

We just don't have an immunity bubble or as many uninterruptible casts. I need to complete the Kolto Waves channel to its fullest boost whereas a Sorc can put down Revivification and move on.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.