5 games in and I feel like quitting pvp

Aribethx

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I blame the parenting. A lot of them are probably millennials who were always told they were going to be very special. When they didn't become the new CEO of Apple Inc. at 20 years old (but in fact still live at home) they took to the internet to show their dominance.

Nothing screams success more than spending 24/7 on an MMO and stomping "bads", roll in a pre-made and tell anyone who isn't to "get gud". You won't find these "PvP players" dueling or theorycrafting...they are too busy creating over-produced youtube video's with emo music that really do nothing but to show the power of VOIP communication and how handy a pocket sorc healer is on hypergates.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them standing around fleet chanting "#HesNotMyEmperor" and calling anyone who doesn't like watching a premade go 6-0 in huttball within 2mins a racist.

So yeah, personally, i stick with Republic because of values. Giving up is not the answer, go against the grain, resiliency is key, you don't have to beat them...just fight them and never back down.

Aside from that part, I agree. Because lets be fair, there are lazy *** hats on both sides of the fence.

That bit was a just an extra joke to show how self entitled people can be. If you don't think like them? then your the absolute worst.

I.E If you voice an opinion about not liking pre-mades your told to get your own. Imo (in any game) "regs" is supposed to be fun and often random. Ranked is to test your abilities against an equal (as can be) opponent. I have this opinion in all games from CSGO to SWTOR.

i get the whole "fun playing with friends thing" as I've done this in many games. Though, when you see perfectly comped (tank, healer, dps), groups with raid style coordination trying their damn hardest to run over random groups it looks more like "fun playing with friends thing...easy time...look how good we are, this is soo ez".

They are not being tested or enduring failure after failure. The republic players who haven't jumped ship or other players who don't form a premade have. Therefor, they are the better players. "get gud" only comes through failure, not having VOIP buddies carrying you.

That bit was a just an extra joke to show how self entitled people can be. If you don't think like them? then your the absolute worst.

I.E If you voice an opinion about not liking pre-mades your told to get your own. Imo (in any game) "regs" is supposed to be fun and often random. Ranked is to test your abilities against an equal (as can be) opponent. I have this opinion in all games from CSGO to SWTOR.

i get the whole "fun playing with friends thing" as I've done this in many games. Though, when you see perfectly comped (tank, healer, dps), groups with raid style coordination trying their damn hardest to run over random groups it looks more like "fun playing with friends thing...easy time...look how good we are, this is soo ez".

They are not being tested or enduring failure after failure. The republic players who haven't jumped ship or other players who don't form a premade have. Therefor, they are the better players. "get gud" only comes through failure, not having VOIP buddies carrying you.

You seem a little too upset about this.

Have you tried playing with friends on VOIP to try and balance things out? You guys are the better players so if you got together and used some coordination surely you'd win most of your games.

You seem a little too upset about this.

Have you tried playing with friends on VOIP to try and balance things out? You guys are the better players so if you got together and used some coordination surely you'd win most of your games.

No, not upset about it Snave. I get what your saying and have played with VOIP'd up teams many times, especially back when ranked season 1 and season 2 were 8v8. I just don't have it in me to group up and queue for regs...yea, sometimes it will be equal / fair but others it will be a quick 4 min 6-0 on huttball against the other random imp teams.

I also don't have it in me to take the easy option so easily. A few of the other "pro" ToFN players are nowhere to be seen on their republic characters, some of which (a particularly vocal shadow) I only ever see on his assassin. That's not aimed at you btw either.

By better players i was a bit vague...I mean't their human "character" is better. I know this is probably being a bit too deep when talking about a bit of PvP in a game but really i dislike "take the easy option" kind of people in real life anyway. It's the same kind of people who refuse to learn a rotation in terms of PvE because it's "their game i play how i want, my money my fun" etc.

Edited by Marstrike

At level 31 you should expect people to be disorganized...

Try going into lvl 70 warzones with these troglodytes..

I had a Hypergate last night where we had no healers, and 5 of 8 players in the WZ did under 400k damage for a full 4 round WZ... That is under 200 dps if you are wondering... and yes you can triple that by auto-attacking on cool-down. Three shadows managed to combine to do 1/3 of my damage in the WZ, as a Vigi-guardian who took 1.8 million damage and died 8 times.

The funny thing is those regstar groups almost never set foot into ranked because they know there are other organized groups there. This is why we need cross faction ,because then these groups will be faced with other premades more often and get very frustrated.

No, not upset about it Snave. I get what your saying and have played with VOIP'd up teams many times, especially back when ranked season 1 and season 2 were 8v8. I just don't have it in me to group up and queue for regs...yea, sometimes it will be equal / fair but others it will be a quick 4 min 6-0 on huttball against the other random imp teams.

I also don't have it in me to take the easy option so easily. A few of the other "pro" ToFN players are nowhere to be seen on their republic characters, some of which (a particularly vocal shadow) I only ever see on his assassin. That's not aimed at you btw either.

By better players i was a bit vague...I mean't their human "character" is better. I know this is probably being a bit too deep when talking about a bit of PvP in a game but really i dislike "take the easy option" kind of people in real life anyway. It's the same kind of people who refuse to learn a rotation in terms of PvE because it's "their game i play how i want, my money my fun" etc.

You are my spirit animal, lol. Exactly my thoughts. I just find it hilarious how SO many people sheeped over to imp to take the easy way out. Sad too..

The funny thing is those regstar groups almost never set foot into ranked because they know there are other organized groups there. This is why we need cross faction ,because then these groups will be faced with other premades more often and get very frustrated.

No... Regstars like regs because the people that push ranked 4's are 100% of the time epeen measuring jerk-0ffs. And it's fun to beat them in regs because they can't think about objectives while they are so focused on running up big numbers.

You are my spirit animal, lol. Exactly my thoughts. I just find it hilarious how SO many people sheeped over to imp to take the easy way out. Sad too..

you do realize a persons skill doesn't change based on what side you're fighting on, right? someone unskilled on pubs going to imps is still going to be unskilled. this mass exodus of unskilled players going over to imps for an easier time would have the opposite effect as it would actually strengthen the pub side and weaken the imp side as the imps would now have a bunch of unskilled members while the pub side no longer has all those unskilled people that left to carry. this also would not matter in cases where it is imp v imp as both teams have the same chance to get those unskilled players in them. not to mention all of this only works in the first place if you assume all the good players went imp and all the bad players went pub.

Another issue I've noticed is that no one and i mean NO ONE, marks healers. Yeah, yeah, some of you will say oh i mark, and yes, i do mark healers. However, i've gone into a few matches and not marked healers to see how long it would be before someone was smart enough to do it. NO ONE DID!!!! So, i marked them, then I had to tell them, focus the healers because their dps were not dying lol.

Its like the states of the player base for pvp has gone to crap. I remember, i wouldn't have time to mark healers because they would already be marked and people actually paid attention in matches. Additionally, player don't call out inc or if a pylon is being taken until it is already lost...***....

I dont know whats going on...i really wish they went back to pvp gear...i get me wrong, i don't mind the new gearing system...i just miss PvP gear.

you do realize a persons skill doesn't change based on what side you're fighting on, right? someone unskilled on pubs going to imps is still going to be unskilled. this mass exodus of unskilled players going over to imps for an easier time would have the opposite effect as it would actually strengthen the pub side and weaken the imp side as the imps would now have a bunch of unskilled members while the pub side no longer has all those unskilled people that left to carry. this also would not matter in cases where it is imp v imp as both teams have the same chance to get those unskilled players in them. not to mention all of this only works in the first place if you assume all the good players went imp and all the bad players went pub.

Yeah pretty much this. This is where the "everyone went Imp and now the factions are imbalanced" arguments fall down. I'd love it if there were a mass defection of bads to pub side on Harb. Not that pub side on Harb is exactly holding its own now, of course.

Now, I don't disagree that the factions are imbalanced. But I don't think it was due to a mass exodus of bads.

The thing is they aren't all unskilled, I knew some very talented people back about a year ago who all left Rep side because they were frustrated that they were losing off and on. I mean genuinely ANGRY that they lost. That is what sheeping is. It isn't all bad players going over. It is some bad some good, and some really good. They see that it is easier, and they move over. It is a snowball effect and has been pretty well documented over the span of the game.

No... Regstars like regs because the people that push ranked 4's are 100% of the time epeen measuring jerk-0ffs. And it's fun to beat them in regs because they can't think about objectives while they are so focused on running up big numbers.

If you are in a group of 4 you wouldnt HAVE to deal with them. :confused: .

Another issue I've noticed is that no one and i mean NO ONE, marks healers. Yeah, yeah, some of you will say oh i mark, and yes, i do mark healers. However, i've gone into a few matches and not marked healers to see how long it would be before someone was smart enough to do it. NO ONE DID!!!! So, i marked them, then I had to tell them, focus the healers because their dps were not dying lol.

Its like the states of the player base for pvp has gone to crap. I remember, i wouldn't have time to mark healers because they would already be marked and people actually paid attention in matches. Additionally, player don't call out inc or if a pylon is being taken until it is already lost...***....

I dont know whats going on...i really wish they went back to pvp gear...i get me wrong, i don't mind the new gearing system...i just miss PvP gear.

The quality of player was indeed higher when there was PvP gear. Now its just a ton of pve players that dont even use half of their abilities.

After I calmed down, I came back here expecting to get roasted.

I'm surprised at all the helpful hints and perspectives. Thank you all. I really appreciate it. I shouldn't have posted out of frustration, and I'm going to try to do what you all said.

Thanks. Really.

Wehehehehehehee you crap you crap!!!!!!! I kid, i kid ;p.

As ppl have already stated you might get queued with a good group or a bad group. I ve already queued sevaral times vesus Take a seat premades and won. It all comes down if you have someone in the group that can give the correct orders and make it function or if ppl are there just to kill some time. either way don't give up because you had bad games, it happens to everyone. Also if you were a scoundrel you would be trashed here DEATH TO THE REPUBLIC!!!!! :D:rak_03:

Just wanted to share the experience I've made on T3-M4.

Since you can earn your armor pieces in pvp things have become worse.

I've played 20 WZ and lost each of them (imp).

Losing a WZ isn't making me upset, it's the behavior of the rep players.

Most of the time you get a premade of 4 commandos.

Guess who is winning.

But is it necessary to insult the losing side and hunt single players from one side to the other or

to wait for them at the respawn area.

Most of the team resign after some time and they try to wait for the end of the WZ at the turret control, but

these rep id..... don't like that and so they try to take away the control to humble the losing team.

(sorry if my English isn't good at the moment, but I'm talking far to much German at the moment)

I main tank PT since 5.0 launch. Don't ask me why, I just have fun with the class. Why would I play tank, especially PT tank, if I don't have a healer in my group? I have like 2 defensives CDs and not really that high DPS, like other tanks have. Without healer I die rather quickly, and moreover, there is no need for me in the group, because any DPS spec can bring more damage to the table (I say can because it's not always the case :) ). So usually I run with my guildie who is Merc healer...and PT tank + Merc healer is not really that OP composition or easy mode, unlike Guardian + Sage, so beloved by pubs :rolleyes:.

I main tank PT since 5.0 launch. Don't ask me why, I just have fun with the class. Why would I play tank, especially PT tank, if I don't have a healer in my group? I have like 2 defensives CDs and not really that high DPS, like other tanks have. Without healer I die rather quickly, and moreover, there is no need for me in the group, because any DPS spec can bring more damage to the table (I say can because it's not always the case :) ). So usually I run with my guildie who is Merc healer...and PT tank + Merc healer is not really that OP composition or easy mode, unlike Guardian + Sage, so beloved by pubs :rolleyes:.

That's not what im talking about. I'm talking about self titled "proposed" PvP experts who actively stream "pro" gameplay or beg to get on podcasts and bang their chest. Those people, to name a few...are not helping what is left of the PvP on the MOST populated servers.

Premade 100% capping (note players):

http://imgur.com/0pBy7gO

Re-rolling rep for easy time (note players):

http://imgur.com/rFD0mMo

Type those player names into the forums and I am sure you will see how important they feel they are in the PvP community. I recognise both from ToFN. Stealth mains from day one. Besides maybe 1.X Deception DPS was a bit "up" but apart from that quite straight forward and easy classes to gank with etc.

That's not what im talking about. I'm talking about self titled "proposed" PvP experts who actively stream "pro" gameplay or beg to get on podcasts and bang their chest. Those people, to name a few...are not helping what is left of the PvP on the MOST populated servers.

Type those player names into the forums and I am sure you will see how important they feel they are in the PvP community. I recognise both from ToFN. Stealth mains from day one. Besides maybe 1.X Deception DPS was a bit "up" but apart from that quite straight forward and easy classes to gank with etc.

Stealth players seem to be the most salty. I dunno why. But they are. A lot of them are very full of themselves and think stealthing into a node with 2 other stealthers and ganking a single person guarding the node is "skill"

I don't know, I've watched Snave videos previously. He is definitely skilled player, at least when playing his favourite class.

I don't know, I've watched Snave videos previously. He is definitely skilled player, at least when playing his favourite class.

Snave's good. There is someone else I know in PvP who mains Stealth classes and on Republic side, after ages thinking that they were justified being a jerk when I started PvP early last year- I realized they go for the easy marks and that a reason they sat back and went AFK when there were plenty of decoys out (we just needed one bomb plant and it was game, set and match) and about was because when they have to contribute themselves and come up against equally skilled components, they aren't so great and they prefer being so much better than everybody else.

I'm not saying they're a bad player on a technical level. I'm putting it as they couldn't bear to come up against an equal opponent and lose so they make sure they're in situations where it's not their fault and so that a loss can't be their fault. It did disappoint me. There are many amazing Stealth main players. They're a great variable in warzones but if you can't be bothered trying- you're still at fault for the loss as much as the bads are when a backfill would at least contribute.

Wouldt call it a bad tactical dispositoin the type of playstyle the above mentioned adeheres to, but I wouldt call it very good either. It is perfectly valid to group up and have your team supress the other in a way that you can gain a quick win. But it is a tactic easy to render moot, I have blocked both scoundrels and others by just going Al Bundy on objects by marrying the nodes and sticking to them no matter what.

The ones in pvp that rattles my snake so to say are the teams that change tactics and disposition on the roll by doing the unexpected.