The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ranked PVP Rating reworked.

Alex_York

If a person leaves the arena, points he loses should be divided equally between enemies and given as a reward to them (if two or three people leave its additive) and whoever stays to inevitably lose vs 4 players should lose no rating. Anyone else has some ideas to improve rating system?

If a person leaves the arena, points he loses should be divided equally between enemies and given as a reward to them (if two or three people leave its additive) and whoever stays to inevitably lose vs 4 players should lose no rating. Anyone else has some ideas to improve rating system?

People bring up this idea in many games and it is always unfortunately but correctly not implemented because it's just too easy to exploit.

People bring up this idea in many games and it is always unfortunately but correctly not implemented because it's just too easy to exploit.

Example of exploiting this? Because biggest exploit with current system is that people will just leave and opposite team with their friend or guildmate will win (3v4 ofc), and they get full points, but now they would only get 3 or 2, low amount.

Edited by Alex_York

Example of exploiting this? Because biggest exploit with current system is that people will just leave and opposite team with their friend or guildmate will win (3v4 ofc), and they get full points, but now they would only get 3 or 2, low amount.

If people find themselves in a match up they are certain is a loss one person can just take one for the ratings' of their teammates by leaving.

It happens all the time at high ELO in overwatch. Last week I was queuing with a friend and we, along with a couple other groups of 2, got bizarrely matched up against a 6-stack populated with 5 players from top professional teams. My team *immediately* began trying to find someone willing to leave the game to spare everyone else the inevitable loss.

It's not fair that you lose ELO when people on your team leave but handling it any other way (that I'm aware of anyway) usually just ends up encouraging exploiting the rules and is even more unfair.

Edited by yellow_

If people find themselves in a match up they are certain is a loss one person can just take one for the ratings' of their teammates by leaving.

It happens all the time at high ELO in overwatch. Last week I was queuing with a friend and we, along with a couple other groups of 2, got bizarrely matched up against a 6-stack populated with 5 players from top professional teams. My team *immediately* began trying to find someone willing to leave the game to spare everyone else the inevitable loss.

It's not fair that you lose ELO when people on your team leave but handling it any other way (that I'm aware of anyway) usually just ends up encouraging exploiting the rules and is even more unfair.

I thought about it, but for that to work someone has to take the penalty, but in solo ranked system it is rarely that you get friends in team, then again, everyone needs rating, your friend might not want to leave etc. But again, what is going on right now is much worse, people either leave so you can lose to their friends and give them rating, or they are just bastards and ragequit. And no matter how good you are, if you fighting 3v4 you will lose, and if you are fighting against low rating people you gonna lose a LOT of rating, that is really hard to replenish.

Edited by Alex_York

I thought about it, but for that to work someone has to take the penalty, but in solo ranked system it is rarely that you get friends in team, then again, everyone needs rating, your friend might not want to leave etc. But again, what is going on right now is much worse, people either leave so you can lose to their friends and give them rating, or they are just bastards and ragequit. And no matter how good you are, if you fighting 3v4 you will lose, and if you are fighting against low rating people you gonna lose a LOT of rating, that is really hard to replenish.

Just have to say, nice sig :D

The faction that is weaker has less people qing so I can easily farm rating with a friend if we q sync with your idea in effect. I can basically almost never lose rating.

The game needs cross faction and reworked matchmaking system.

I queue all day basically, and I rarely see reps in ranked, and even if I do, they lose every time, and they lose about from 2 to 11 points max, this is not a lot, and you can't farm it. Again, in the state ranked is NOW you can still win-trade, I didn't say this solves win trading, it just gives players who trying to perform good in WZ not suffer from leavers.

I queue all day basically, and I rarely see reps in ranked, and even if I do, they lose every time, and they lose about from 2 to 11 points max, this is not a lot, and you can't farm it. Again, in the state ranked is NOW you can still win-trade, I didn't say this solves win trading, it just gives players who trying to perform good in WZ not suffer from leavers.

? U dont see reps cuz there are more imp so u get imp v imp more often. And idk why u suddenly bring win trading into the discussion. I didnt say anything about win trading only q sync.

Matchmaking and elo system needs some major rework. The current system is based on the assumption that hundreds of players/teams are in que. In reality its way less. Thats why the current system is flawed and will never be fair - its just ignoring reality :(

Matchmaking and elo system needs some major rework. The current system is based on the assumption that hundreds of players/teams are in que. In reality its way less. Thats why the current system is flawed and will never be fair - its just ignoring reality :(

Yep but they couldn't figure it out after 7 seasons, or they just don't care.