Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

"one crate every 30 minutes or less" -- NOPE!! Basic Math Inside

teclado

BTW: The argument that an additive system is 'simplier' is IMO quite amusing. It's only true, if you want to calculate the total boost. But it's harder to calculate the benefits of a single boost.

Let's assume you receive 7,000 CXP, but only due to the current 250% event. How many CXP do you get, if you activate another 25% boost? (solution: 7,500 CXP)

In a multiplicative system, adding another 25% boost always results in 25% more CXP, no matter how many boosts are currently in place.

Now guess which variant is more relevant for players and which one for developers.

I think the real reason they did it that was was because if they didn't change anything.....

CXP + legacy boost + CXP boost + highlighted activity + DvL Bonus + Event bonus looks like this

100% * 10% * 100% * 20% * 15% * 250%= 1062.60% CXP earned

Vs changing everything to additive

CXP + legacy boost + CXP boost + highlighted activity + DvL Bonus + Event bonus looks like this

100% +10% + 100% + 20% + 15% + 250%= 495% CXP earned.

It has nothing to do with which one is easier to figure out. It is which one gives out the least rewards when there are several boosts going.

Edited by HelinCarnate

Our guildie got from rank 1-250 in 3 days by doing the Master mode chapter over and over. Its a terrible grind but its doable.

I know I cant do that kind of grind. I dont like how grindy swtor is, but at least its a fun grind, to me. There is no way I could stand doing the same chapter over and over. Props to those that can, I just dont want this to become more of a job, than a hobby.

To add something to all your messages i also must remind you that all these changes ARE NOT INTENDED TO HELP US GETTING THE BEST GEAR. The real reason they are doing it is just to move us to a new start of getting new tier 4-5 gear, which means even if we use the benefits of new event we will just get to the new start of getting new tiers.... And with getting tier 4-5 there won't be any event.

Tier 4-5 gear? Is there any official statement of that?

Firstly it does not make a lot of sense to introduce even better gear without making the mobs harder.

Secondly I fully expect another five levels to be added by the end of the year - or at least by the end of next year - which will make all gear of all tiers obsolete anyway and basically introduces a full reset of end-game gear.

Thus i really hate when bioware are trying to solve their problems through temporary actions like dvl event or cxp event, many people are missing during these events or their time is on period when people must work or study...

That is the exact point from Bioware's perspective. Induce the players with the sense that they must play in order to not fall behind.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

This statement will never hold true, as what content are Bioware considering you are doing, it certainally won't be for standard questing, I assume they would mean only if you farm specific activities (for group content that is heavily dependant on pops).

I would argue having to grind anything specific just to gain cxp is just not fun, I want to really do x but I must do y which I hate.

Wish people would wise up that crate acquisition frequency really is NOT the issue. I've opened over 160 Tier3 crates and gotten ZERO 242 pieces. Getting more Crates of Crap is useless. The real problem is crate content not crate acquisition.
Actually the real problem is crates ... period. They belong in the Cartel Market cosmetically supporting the game as fluff containers for gamblers, not in the game as our method of acquiring gear. Is it possible for a character to acquire a full ops tier set without ever having been in a group? Edited by GalacticKegger

Actually the real problem is crates ... period. They belong in the Cartel Market cosmetically supporting the game as fluff containers for gamblers, not in the game as our method of acquiring gear. Is it possible for a character to acquire a full ops tier set without ever having been in a group?

Agreed.

Wish people would wise up that crate acquisition frequency really is NOT the issue. I've opened over 160 Tier3 crates and gotten ZERO 242 pieces. Getting more Crates of Crap is useless. The real problem is crate content not crate acquisition.

Absolutely.

The question is "How fast am I acquiring gear?"

Everything else is incidental. Any changes are inconsequential if they don't improve the answer to above question. All the changes they've made so far have a net effect of zero on that question and its answer.

Reached GC rank 300 last night. No 242 gear so far.

Edited by mike_carton

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.