Rocket Pods February

FlavivsAetivs

Rocket Pods February

Seriously guys, I can't think of titles anymore. Help.

RULES: You can only fly ships with rocket pods equipped. Anything else goes.

Addendum 1: Tensor Scout is allowed for reloading.

Addendum 2: To encourage proper participation, anyone who knowingly flies Gunship or Bomber is disqualified from the prize. (In other words, if you didn't know about the event and then switch to participate, you're still eligible).

WHERE: Jedi Covenant, Friday, February 24th, 2PM-6PM EST (7 PM-11 PM GMT) and 8 PM-12 AM EST (1 AM-5 AM GMT).

FACTION: Pub and Imp sides.

VOICE CHAT: GSF Community Discord Server.

PRIZE ELIGIBILITY: Raffle. All you have to do to register is show up and fly the right kind of ship.

GRAND RAFFLE PRIZE:

- 10 mil (Thanks to Eckostylez)

- Choice of a Firehauler, Mailoc, or Demolisher

SMALLER RAFFLE PRIZES:

- 1 mil pub side prize, 1 mil imp side prize.

- Random GSF cosmetic items to give away.

** Note: I automatically disqualify myself from winning as event organizer. **

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

Nice. Are there any ships that run pods+ammo refill?

No but the yellow rings in TDM do refill the ammo. Also, since in every event there are people who don't participate but are in the matches, there are probably bombers and / or T3 strikes there to refill ammo.

Edit: I just checked to make sure, the only ships that can equip pods are:

T1 Scout

T2 Scout

Edited by Nasja
adding content

Edit: I just checked to make sure, the only ships that can equip pods are:

T1 Scout

T2 Scout

Then you might as well just call it "Scout February" (with the T3's being the "reloaders" by dropping repair/refill drones, which could make for some fun strategizing/synergy).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder that Rocket Pods night is THIS FRIDAY!!!

I've decided to disallow the T3 scout to encourage people to use the Weapon Overcharges for reloading their rocket pods, which is far more strategic and competitive. However if it proves to be a problem during the event, I'm not gonna rail on someone for running a T3 scout for reloads.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

Just a reminder that Rocket Pods night is THIS FRIDAY!!!

I've decided to disallow the T3 scout to encourage people to use the Weapon Overcharges for reloading their rocket pods, which is far more strategic and competitive. However if it proves to be a problem during the event, I'm not gonna rail on someone for running a T3 scout for reloads.

~ Eudoxia

Much to my dismay, my wife scheduled a birthday dinner for a family friend tomorrow night. I will no longer be in attendance. :-/ This makes me sad as pod builds are all I play no in my T2 Scout

I would like to offer a big thanks and shoutout to Oscarette, Trymage, Zuck, Michi, Vinteren and all other participants on JC tonight. Thanks for setting this up Eudoxia, people were having fun, nodes were flipping, Kenny Loggins was blaring and the Hutts probably saw their fair share of the cartel bottom line. *cough*

I hope to do it again.

Ammokat

We had a total of 69 participants. Thanks to everyone who showed up!

The winner of the Grand Prize was Binthurmung!

The winner of the Imp Side Prize was Probe Jorass, and the Pub Side Prize went to Gatt!

I have some minor GSF cosmetic items for those who participated as well, feel free to bother me in-game if you want one. Otherwise I'll randomly give them out.

~ Eudoxia

Congratulations Binth!

Besides the load of creds, you've also won your choice of crappy cartel ship: firehauler, mailoc, or demolisher. Give me your selection and I'll get it to you ASAP.

The event was entertaining. Sometimes it was a bit frustrating facing a sea of bomber poop and gunships, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't incredibly satisfying to actually win against bombers/GS (which did happen a couple of times).