and the rakghoul event you rode in on.

RaGiNDon

Ok i have put up with this refuse long enough. Ok Long ago i suffered the ignorance of what you call an event called rakghoul, it was stupid when released and you have done nothing to improve it. But now you re-release it on a regular week long basis. During which i refuse to participate in its bs line of quests. However you have decided in your ignorance to make it unavoidable to me as i have to suffer a week of being infected on the fleet as i await pvp ques.

Here is the deal why do you put a damn kiosk up to allow ppl to opt into this rubbish "event" when you will allow the players to foist it upon us who have opted out.....Bottom line fix that stupidity i do not wish to participate in your event, and am sick of being hampered by your weekly victims of this piss poorly executed event.

Ok i have put up with this refuse long enough. Ok Long ago i suffered the ignorance of what you call an event called rakghoul, it was stupid when released and you have done nothing to improve it. But now you re-release it on a regular week long basis. During which i refuse to participate in its bs line of quests. However you have decided in your ignorance to make it unavoidable to me as i have to suffer a week of being infected on the fleet as i await pvp ques.

Here is the deal why do you put a damn kiosk up to allow ppl to opt into this rubbish "event" when you will allow the players to foist it upon us who have opted out.....Bottom line fix that stupidity i do not wish to participate in your event, and am sick of being hampered by your weekly victims of this piss poorly executed event.

why exactly do you sit on fleet waiting for ques? I have never become infected in my stronghold. there is a legacy bound relic you can use to prevent infection also.

to make it unavoidable to me as i have to suffer a week of being infected on the fleet as i await pvp que

You can buy a vaccine for it from the medbots genius. Makes you immune to it. Lasts for hours. Also cures you of it if you get infected. Unless you can't afford 2500 credits.

Iirc, during the first rakghoul event, if you died of the plague or just died while plagued, you'd get some kind of reward. They removed that didn't they? But kept the infectious mechanic. :confused:

Last time i check, you still get the reward (a dna canister + exp) and can be done daily. But you need do die exploding (or in phase two) infecting others, that is why people in the fleet get infected.

I never do this event, even if I want some of the rep rewards from it, as I always have other things I enjoy doing more in the game. I do, however, enjoy the NPC's occasional Rakghoul announcement spam on Imperial fleet for some reason.

I've never understood why people get their panties in a bunch over this. It's easily avoidable with a cheap vaccine from a vendor. You say you don't like doing the quests? There's an easy solution to that too. They're not mandatory. The entire event is optional and completely avoidable. And for the rest of us that like doing this kind of stuff we can. No whining required.

So IF you are wanting to stay on fleet so you can see something in fleet chat you have a couple of options available to you. 1. Go in one of the flashpoint hangar areas. Most people enter them via queue and are hardly in there or 2. Go over to the capital ships where the ops missions were originally given from. Either of those places and you can still see fleet chat.

I LOVE this event. Since I have started on a new server, I gotta do the rep grind so I can get the weapons (my favorite is the blaster rifle) and it is a nice week break from grinding heroics.

And you can avoid being infected. This is a non issue. With how stupid easy it is to make credits, ~2k for protection is worth it. Or spend a little more and get the BoL relic that is, basically, a reusable vaccine?

Every negative complaint I hear about this event is easily avoidable and preventable if you truly want to be a sore sport and not be involved.

So get yourself a relic and do something else in game. No one is forcing you. Much like in real life...if you dont vaccinate and put yourself in bad situations, its your own fault you are sick..

You can buy a vaccine for it from the medbots genius. Makes you immune to it. Lasts for hours. Also cures you of it if you get infected. Unless you can't afford 2500 credits.

This.

Anyone who gets infected has themselves to blame. There *is* an opt out, and that opt out is the vaccine that every medical vendor sells.

Rak plague is a fun event.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

So IF you are wanting to stay on fleet so you can see something in fleet chat you have a couple of options available to you. 1. Go in one of the flashpoint hangar areas. Most people enter them via queue and are hardly in there or 2. Go over to the capital ships where the ops missions were originally given from. Either of those places and you can still see fleet chat.
You can also just sit in your hangar.

It's instanced so no one else can enter.

If I blow up and infect you it gives me credits and an achievement. Get your bum off the fleet. Go wait in your stronghold or on odessen or go to a different fleet ship or down to the Cartel Market. If you insist on being on the fleet then buy yourself the vaccine from the fleet medical droid.

Better yet, get one of those rakghoul relic packs from THORN and keep it in your inventory. Put it on, use it, then take it off again and keep in inventory. It's good for six hours at a time, can be passed through legacy. You never have to buy another shot again.

Honestly if this is all you have to complain about you're doing pretty well. Calm down. Play the game.

Buy the vaccine for 2,000 credits, now you aren't forced to participate against your will.