50 shades of RNG

ShinDoRai

so after messing up the gearing with 5.0 the results were that we got massiv nerfs on content ( gold nerfs and so on ).

in the interim of 5.0 to 5.1 you also nerfed champions. and what else i dont know.

than again huge nerfs with 5.1 in some ways.

let me get this right

instead of easing the pain for grinding/equipping u always introduce a new layer to grind for. that is no satisfaction.

whats the catch that u insist on this system so much and rather lose the half ( dont know if its so much but it sounds like this everywhere where i read something about swtor ) of the community.

if it is only the reason that u dont have content prepared, than this is not the solution. if u think soloplayers should receive gear for what tey do. u are right. but that goal was already reached pre 4.0.

and if u devs down the gain always down to its minimal output for reward, nobody gonna touch this game again.

why u dont get it in your heads that this will gain u nothing or will support anything the community will or maintain.

and even if u are short on stuff, why do ya think this shades/layers should improve any progress?

this only favored your thoughts, this is the total opposite from what the community wants.

you only created hate, ninjalooters, hackers, exploiters, ennui, ill behavior, mischievous, indignation, rage, grief and sorrow. guilds collapse, groups kicking out others from group play, ninja looters again hold the loot to themself, pvper are pissed of and even solo players start to realize that this grind will take to long for them to spend time on.

and fixing this feelings wouldnt help the community by fixing this system

- with fixing and adjusting this u only hesitate for the worst in long terms.

this system dont support the playstyl in any way u based on this game.

u cant fix it with ur little team till 6.0, we all know that by now and your last stream. u couldnt even create a equilibrium in pvp since release.you stated out u dont even have the stuff to produce content on a regular foundation.

why bother us with this ?

revert to the pre 4.0 gearing era and nobody cares about content lack.

you now unveiled us for the 1. time since release that u have a roadmap for us this year.

are you realy risking to lose even more. not only subs, but also your reputation, fame and support for future projects, if u still insist on CXP-RNG-GRIND? if you think choise matters, then i hope u take the right way. otherwise u lose more then u can imagine. €A already closed a lot brands if they dont fullfill their goals. i know bioware have more than this game in the pipes but what if this is a backlash to all your portfolio. i wouldnt walk in your shoes.

i would start a ingame survey on the current content to see how happy the community realy is with this. let them fill out some easy questions and combine it with some free cc after the reply. but make sure its only once per account not per toon. then u will see where are u standing. i dont think it will look good for you.

and now i am not here to be a influencer or doomsday sayer, u already did this job for everybody.

try to reflect and be more empathic, you realy should !

feelings of a lost community member wich would like to return here, but not under this circumstances/conditions.

thanks for reading eric and address this to your team also!

I thought their post title was appropriate since it feels like we're punishing ourselves playing right now. :(

Yep. That's why I'm reading here while I wait for my wife to finish I solo mission in ESO so we can go on together for a while.

SWTOR is no longer fun and BW not admitting that and fixing it is a major problem for them. When customers say they aren't having fun in your game, you need to fix things before they find something else that is fun.

Yep. That's why I'm reading here while I wait for my wife to finish I solo mission in ESO so we can go on together for a while.

SWTOR is no longer fun and BW not admitting that and fixing it is a major problem for them. When customers say they aren't having fun in your game, you need to fix things before they find something else that is fun.

Look, im done arguing. You love the game, I know you do. I updated my signature to reflect that. Unless you want this game to be a ghost town, by the time its popular with every new movie release.. this is the direction you want to go. I promise, you would not be here arguing unless you loved this game.

The focus needs to be on EA. They pull the strings and hurt the game, not BWA.

Edited by IstariZen

I still have fun decorating and RPing. But I can do those activities as a Preferred player, so... yeah. :/

I don't understand the arrogance of the EAWare devs and/or the EA execs above them giving them their marching orders. Their whole apparent attitude of "this is how we think the game should be played, whether you like it or not" is very short-sighted. They might personally think RNG gearing is EXCITING, but if their customers don't, their own enjoyment of THE THRILL OF THE HUNT will not help them.

Yet they keep treating us players like we're playing the game 'wrong' in their eyes. They also seemed confused at our displeasure, after they changed the fundamental structure of the game last December and turned it into an Asian-style free-to-play endless grind and microtransactions game (without the actual free-to-play aspect, since GC is gated off to subscribers only).

Edited by AscendingSky

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.