The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

click relics intended? Eric please respond fast because i need to know

Qwurdilu

Is it intended that the new click relics can be used in pvp? why would anyone use the others then?

:confused::confused:

please answer this fast so i know if im going to disintegrate them or not

You seriously have this much angst over a couple hundred CXP? Man up and try them yourself in a WZ. Report back, maybe you'll actually help someone.

Reading this after seeing you call others emotional in another thread is giving me serious LOLs.

Edited by stoopicus

Is it intended that the new click relics can be used in pvp? why would anyone use the others then?

OMG URGENT SITUATION HERE ANSWER PLEASE ERIC PLEASE!!!!!

rofl.

The activated relics are not as good as I thought they were going to be. Their proc is nearly 50% smaller than the one you get from the classic serendipitous assault and focused retribution relics, on top of worse uptime (even if you activated them on cooldown). Also, the alacrity one is often going to be moderately or heavily DR'd alacrity.

I think they're better in solo ranked games that don't have the trinity because that precious first kill or two is usually not going to come late enough in the round for the long cooldown on the activated relics to have really started to hurt much. I guess you could make an argument that they're better for hardswap in group ranked but I'm not buying that one honestly.

For longer fights and scenarios where it is difficult to ensure the activated procs get you the kills you need I think the classic relics are probably better.

Edited by yellow_

You seriously have this much angst over a couple hundred CXP? Man up and try them yourself in a WZ. Report back, maybe you'll actually help someone.

Reading this after seeing you call others emotional in another thread is giving me serious LOLs.

with responding fast im talking about bioware levels of fast. I know theyre not working weekends so all i ask for is a response within the next week. Know what, i havent even got a relic yet myself. But i can foresee that investing into only to see it patched with 5.2 will result in heavy frustration, and that could easily be dealt with by just adressing this now. When hearing those can be used in warzones my first thought was awesome, my second was it will be patched, and the third was about the cry in the forums when they "remove" gear from players will be over 9000.

So yeah, if you want to call me emotional feel free to judge me, but i think its a very reasonable request to have an answer to this topic.

The activated relics are not as good as I thought they were going to be. Their proc is nearly 50% smaller than the one you get from the classic serendipitous assault and focused retribution relics, on top of worse uptime (even if you activated them on cooldown). Also, the alacrity one is often going to be moderately or heavily DR'd alacrity.

Whats the cooldown and do we know yet if its the same for all item levels?

Edited by Qwurdilu

I think they're better in solo ranked games that don't have the trinity because that precious first kill or two is usually not going to come late enough in the round for the long cooldown on the activated relics to have really started to hurt much. I guess you could make an argument that they're better for hardswap in group ranked but I'm not buying that one honestly.

For longer fights and scenarios where it is difficult to ensure the activated procs get you the kills you need I think the classic relics are probably better.

Even with DR, using the alacrity one, with alacrits enhancements and alacrity buffs from active abilites you can get your alacrity to 20 %. Which is -insane- . The activation ones should -not- be usable in pvp.

You will notice that the craftable ones that have passive stats work. But the "click" ones state they don't work in pvp.

Also probably best to post this in the gen section. You have little to no hope this will be read in the pvp section

Edited by TrixxieTriss