Name A MMO That Puts Out Expansions Without New Flashpoints.

Genada

i know one mmo :rolleyes:

it's wildstar.

but u get in the same time new areas with full of new content/dailies,worldbosses, rares, vendors and quests.

and some weeks later u get new adventures, shiphands, dungeons all in one.

but at least u get something from all. and btw there is thrill in the hunt vs reward, not like here where u let attack ur companion and let him do what is your job. instead of leading u leech from ur companion. boring as hell !! :rolleyes:

i know one mmo :rolleyes:

it's wildstar.

but u get in the same time new areas with full of new content/dailies,worldbosses, rares, vendors and quests.

and some weeks later u get new adventures, shiphands, dungeons all in one.

but at least u get something from all. and btw there is thrill in the hunt vs reward, not like here where u let attack ur companion and let him do what is your job. instead of leading u leech from ur companion. boring as hell !! :rolleyes:

WIldstar hasn't had any expansions. It has updates, but a large patch is not an expansion.

compared to what swtor is calling this expansions,

wildstar throw out more content then this game since release and didnt call it a addon. it is just normal conten for a mmo.

in wildstar u got 4 or more new areas,where one zone is bigger than oricon with more quests etc pp.

we got in wildstar new raids ( yes plural even if one raid is a 1 boxraid ), new dungeons/fps, adventures( swtor could steal this idea from them) and new shiphands/tactical-fps in comparison to this.

so wildstar put out more stuff for their community with less then a half of this community.

not to mention that u need more skill and brain there then this easymodebrainoffmode mmo.

try to raid in wilstar and here on nim. and then we can talk again. swtor is now a shadow of itself in this terms.

and it is not only wildstar that offers more than this mmo. all do better/more than swtor.

so thanks to €A that they dont care for their IP star wars;)

Edited by ShinDoRai

Really please, I want to know what mmo it is. Which one would put out a expansion with zero flash points, zero new ops and such little content.

No one would try to pass off what SWToR calls a expansion as a expansion. It would be at best a minor content patch update.

If this game was a single player game on Steam and they put out these expansions for 15 bucks and placed them on it, they would get massive thumps down for lack of adding anything new to the game. People would scream about it being a cash grab and they would be right.

A five boss op takes a year and they have to put it out a single boss at a time? Really? No other mmo would do this. If they were to put up a stream or post about it, people would assume it's some kinda of April fool's joke.

This game without the lightsabers and the Star War's tag would of already been shut down years ago. It's the only thing keeping it going.

Uprisings are the new flashpoints. They are designed for a four man team. So far that has meant any four characters, but master mode will probably require a trinity group. and there are 10 of them.

I am not going to go digging for them, but there were requests for "faster paced flashpoints". Uprisings are just that. If you do not like them, well...

I like that I care about my characters here, I care about their stories and why they do what they do. That is a completely new feeling for me coming from other shallow mmo's and I am perfectly happy to get a free expansion to further the story (even if I don't really like how some of it goes). Maybe you didn't get anything "new" out of it, but I did.

The problem is, caring about characters went away at the end of Corellia. From there to KotFE you only had two stories, didn't matter what character you played and now you have 1, so it really doesn't matter anymore. That has been one of the problems since 1.2 and I don't see them ever fixing it. However, it also means when they do something like totally screw up end game gearing, there is nothing to keep people here anymore.

The problem is, caring about characters went away at the end of Corellia. From there to KotFE you only had two stories, didn't matter what character you played and now you have 1, so it really doesn't matter anymore. That has been one of the problems since 1.2 and I don't see them ever fixing it. However, it also means when they do something like totally screw up end game gearing, there is nothing to keep people here anymore.

Pretty much this. The 8 unique class stories are what got me hooked on this game. Now I'm down to 1 story, where my choices don't make any actual difference in how the story ends. Zero replay value, not fun, and not enough to sustain my subscription. If I decide to finally end it after 5 continuous years, maybe I'll come back later after the full new ops drops... I'm guessing January 2018 for that.

Edited by AscendingSky

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.