Exclusive Companions purchase availability

Tragamite

I know there has been a lot of requests for Niko and HK-55 to be available through purchases but I couldn't find any that fit what I am conveying here.

To those players who have been able to claim these companions, grants! I know many of you would consider that if these companions were offered to those that missed the window, or new players as a slap in the face.

However, could you consider that offering "exclusive" in game material to all players would benefit the game. You who have done what was required to EARN these companions have been given them for free, while other players would need to purchase them, which provides revenue for the game to progress.

Receiving the same item for free is the reward when others need to pay to receive that item. Having the item itself but exclusively to those who who were available to do so stunts the games growth and discourages many who would have enjoyed being available but we're not for whatever reason.

I say let's keep this game running by offering a cost to purchase exclusive in game content that could be earned for free.

Make things able to be purchased such as, Niko, HK (and gear), Revan's heir title etc. Run the cost at the rate of what it took to earn, I.e. HK at 6 month sub. Make exclusive items available only after 3 months from implementation. So those who don't get something for free can pay and still get the items and help the game live on!

I know there has been a lot of requests for Niko and HK-55 to be available through purchases but I couldn't find any that fit what I am conveying here.

To those players who have been able to claim these companions, grants! I know many of you would consider that if these companions were offered to those that missed the window, or new players as a slap in the face.

However, could you consider that offering "exclusive" in game material to all players would benefit the game. You who have done what was required to EARN these companions have been given them for free, while other players would need to purchase them, which provides revenue for the game to progress.

Receiving the same item for free is the reward when others need to pay to receive that item. Having the item itself but exclusively to those who who were available to do so stunts the games growth and discourages many who would have enjoyed being available but we're not for whatever reason.

I say let's keep this game running by offering a cost to purchase exclusive in game content that could be earned for free.

Make things able to be purchased such as, Niko, HK (and gear), Revan's heir title etc. Run the cost at the rate of what it took to earn, I.e. HK at 6 month sub. Make exclusive items available only after 3 months from implementation. So those who don't get something for free can pay and still get the items and help the game live on!

As has been stated many times in the past, making subscriber rewards available again by any means would only undermine the effectiveness of any future subscriber rewards. After all, why should Johnny subscribe now, when he can wait to see if he really likes that reward, then if he wants the reward, he can pay a pittance to obtain it (in as little as 3 months per your suggestion).

Maybe you were not here to see all the forum posts from people who were openly bragging about dropping their subscription during KotFE, even though they KNEW they would not get the BONUS chapter. They did not care, they said, as they felt the BONUS chapter would be garbage. Now, those same people are crying "FOUL!!!!!" UNFAIR!!!!" because they found out that the BONUS chapter was apparently far better than they expected and there is a companion obtained by that BONUS chapter.

I see keeping past subscriber rewards unavailable as incentive to maintain a subscription so as not to miss out on any future subscriber rewards.

In games, as in life, some things are not available forever. Once the window to obtain them is gone, they are no longer obtainable, and there is nothing wrong with that.

I will say that IF BW were to make any subscriber rewards available again (and IMO, they should not), then they should require real money and NOT CC's. There are way too many "FREE" CC's floating around out there. The cost should also be at least 20% higher than those that actually met the criteria "had to pay". There should be some penalty for being given a "second chance".

As has been stated many times in the past, making subscriber rewards available again by any means would only undermine the effectiveness of any future subscriber rewards. After all, why should Johnny subscribe now, when he can wait to see if he really likes that reward, then if he wants the reward, he can pay a pittance to obtain it (in as little as 3 months per your suggestion).

Maybe you were not here to see all the forum posts from people who were openly bragging about dropping their subscription during KotFE, even though they KNEW they would not get the BONUS chapter. They did not care, they said, as they felt the BONUS chapter would be garbage. Now, those same people are crying "FOUL!!!!!" UNFAIR!!!!" because they found out that the BONUS chapter was apparently far better than they expected and there is a companion obtained by that BONUS chapter.

I see keeping past subscriber rewards unavailable as incentive to maintain a subscription so as not to miss out on any future subscriber rewards.

In games, as in life, some things are not available forever. Once the window to obtain them is gone, they are no longer obtainable, and there is nothing wrong with that.

I will say that IF BW were to make any subscriber rewards available again (and IMO, they should not), then they should require real money and NOT CC's. There are way too many "FREE" CC's floating around out there. The cost should also be at least 20% higher than those that actually met the criteria "had to pay". There should be some penalty for being given a "second chance".

I agree on the "penalty" to obtain after the fact but nothing so gross as a 20% increase as you would further alienate players from making the purchase.

I would further suggest that these purchases be made with real money and not CCs to ensure revenue for the game. Making these items available from the "Store" tab here would be the best available option.

And in RL eBay offers plenty of things that are currently "out of season" as a means to still purchase those things with, as you say, a penalty.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.