Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

I didn't take it in such a sinister way but hearing him would certainly shoo our worries away (if it's still him, not so stranger, that is) :(

But if this is another guy... then "my" Quinn is pretty much gone. Wrong face, wrong voice = not the same person.

I think it's my cynicism towards BW as a result of how they've treated Companions and with over a year of baiting players on their possible returns, I wouldn't put it past them for a second to get a substitute voice actor. I really hope they prove my gut feeling wrong - I really want to like this return and I really want to like BW for doing it. I resubbed once I heard Quinn was returning so if it's some other dude voicing him without BW being up front about it, I'm so out.

I think it's my cynicism towards BW as a result of how they've treated Companions and with over a year of baiting players on their possible returns, I wouldn't put it past them for a second to get a substitute voice actor. I really hope they prove my gut feeling wrong - I really want to like this return and I really want to like BW for doing it. I resubbed once I heard Quinn was returning so if it's some other dude voicing him without BW being up front about it, I'm so out.

They didn't replace anyone so far, so I still hope this is only my panic without substance and I'll hear his dreamy voice again.

On another note: I'm currently drawing something 18+ only. Will share once I find a way to do so safely without exposing 18- to it ;)

My heart is bleeding. Not only we didn't hear his voice in this teaser but also seems like the cutscenes won't be repeatable, as it's not a chapter. My Quinn family won't have familiar resemblance in cutscenes :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Did you hear this somewhere? Can't even get this answered in a thread where they ask for questions to answer.

Quinn: MY WHAT!?

Well...yes.

Quinn: MY LORD. I OBJECT TO THIS...OBJECTIFICATION...!! :mad:

You're normally more eloquent than that.

Quinn: When my backside is not being subject to random people gazing upon it, then yes, I will be more eloquent. But THIS...! This...this gross objectification is... *turning red*

But...but...but... :(

Quinn: ......

...oh wow, that was a terrible pun...I'm so sorry...

Quinn: ......................... *DESPAIR*

He says he objects, but somehow I just see "Malavai Quinn Approves"... ;)

What, five - six years and you've still got it, Quinn! Your wives will be thrilled.

Did you hear this somewhere? Can't even get this answered in a thread where they ask for questions to answer.

Not directly, so I still didn't lose hope totally, but someone on Twitter asked Eric in a tweet if it was a chapter, and Eric replied it was missions, not a chapter. So if it's like, say, Oricon, we won't be able to repeat it :(

It's still not a clear answer, but it doesn't bode well :(

PS. Also, clear lack of "yes/no" answer could mean it's a "no", and they don't want to piss off people, so they don't admit it :(

Edited by Lammia

Not directly, so I still didn't lose hope totally, but someone on Twitter asked Eric in a tweet if it was a chapter, and Eric replied it was missions, not a chapter. So if it's like, say, Oricon, we won't be able to repeat it :(

It's still not a clear answer, but it doesn't bode well :(

PS. Also, clear lack of "yes/no" answer could mean it's a "no", and they don't want to piss off people, so they don't admit it :(

That answer coupled with the original post in the "Accessing Iokath" thread gives me the impression that it will be Shadow of Revan-esque mission style rather than KOTFE/KOTET chapter style, so non-repeatable. :(

That answer coupled with the original post in the "Accessing Iokath" thread gives me the impression that it will be Shadow of Revan-esque mission style rather than KOTFE/KOTET chapter style, so non-repeatable. :(

So what did they think people would want to repeat chapters for anyway? :o Since the game started players have been asking for some kind of repeatable mission they could do with their companions, just so they wouldn't suddenly go silent forever.

Repeatable chapters was a good addition, I thought we were sticking with it.

Just make loads of Quinn wives like me! Problem solved :D

I'm think I must be the only one here who is not too worried about Quinn's voice. I hope for everyone who is, that the cut scene was just a massive teaser in anticipation of the full release. If they had to replace the original voice actor, so long as the new one has got a very close resemblance to Quinn's original voice I can live with it. Aric's voice changed a bit on his return, but it didn't bother me that much. I'm just glad Quinn is returning, I'm more concerned if the story for where he's been all these years is pathetic; they have that last letter to live up to!

Just make loads of Quinn wives like me! Problem solved :D

But that means they'd be put in KOTFE reality, as in "lost her hubby for 6 years". All my other warriors live in a blissful classic reality where this Valkorion nonsense never happened.

Anyway, that doesn't solve MY problem. Malavai's brother and cousin will not resemble him. They won't even be the same race. I was hoping for lovely screenies with 2 Quinn brothers talking to each other, and now it looks like it's not going to happen :( I'll have my Quinns talking to a strange face with a familiar name.

Quinn: MY WHAT!?

Well...yes.

Quinn: MY LORD. I OBJECT TO THIS...OBJECTIFICATION...!! :mad:

You're normally more eloquent than that.

Quinn: When my backside is not being subject to random people gazing upon it, then yes, I will be more eloquent. But THIS...! This...this gross objectification is... *turning red*

But...but...but... :(

Quinn: ......

...oh wow, that was a terrible pun...I'm so sorry...

Quinn: ......................... *DESPAIR*

Gee, and I had a.ssumed he'd like to know we thought he had a sexxxy butt. Is that a bad pun? Poor Malavai. *covets* :o

Edited by Lunafox

I mentioned working on something. Here it is: http://fav.me/db3wv43

Sorry, but due to its nature I won't post it in a widely available form. Nekkid Malavai is not kiddo-safe. ;)

If anyone knows a site I can post it with mature restriction but without the requirement of registering (I doubt, because how would they check your age then, but who knows?), please let me know.

Sorry, but due to its nature I won't post it in a widely available form. Nekkid Malavai is not kiddo-safe. ;)

If anyone knows a site I can post it with mature restriction but without the requirement of registering (I doubt, because how would they check your age then, but who knows?), please let me know.

Oh I more than approve, well done. :D

Omg, nice. I approve. I really really approve. You're so talented! :D I want to see poor Malavai stutter his way out of that one. :D The purple text will be extra...I dunno...purple! :o:D:eek::p

I promise I'll check it out a little later, everyone in my house is sick now and milling around heh :o

But that means they'd be put in KOTFE reality, as in "lost her hubby for 6 years". All my other warriors live in a blissful classic reality where this Valkorion nonsense never happened.

Anyway, that doesn't solve MY problem. Malavai's brother and cousin will not resemble him. They won't even be the same race. I was hoping for lovely screenies with 2 Quinn brothers talking to each other, and now it looks like it's not going to happen :( I'll have my Quinns talking to a strange face with a familiar name.

Every other cut scene in the game uses your companion customization, so why wouldn't this one? The vanilla content isn't repeatable either but companion customizations have always worked there and all mine worked in SOR too. What's giving you the impression that this upcoming content will be different?

I'm on Deviantart too, I have added you to my watch. :)

Every other cut scene in the game uses your companion customization, so why wouldn't this one? The vanilla content isn't repeatable either but companion customizations have always worked there and all mine worked in SOR too. What's giving you the impression that this upcoming content will be different?

Because Malavai's brother is my agent, and his cousin is my inquisitor. If it works like with KOTFE chapters, I won't be able to buy the customisation until I officially get him as a companion on those characters, presumably at the end of the story part, so after all cutscenes, which (probably) can't be repeated.

I tested it on my Jedi and Jorgan. Left in the middle of the KOTFE chapter, went to a vendor with Jorgan standing right by my side, and still got "not eligible" when I tried to buy a custom for him. I could buy it only after I finished the chapter.

I'm not worried about my warrior, it's the rest of my Quinn clan that won't have as much fun as I hoped it would. I'll just have to suffer through on my agent and inquisitor talking to that stranger, and then take them to do other stuff together (say, a planet arc). Unfortunately, Malavai will be merely a mute observer of everything, and won't say a word to them.

If it were repeatable, I'd play the content, get him, buy him custom, play again for nice cutscenes with the custom. Alas, seems like not going to happen :(

Because Malavai's brother is my agent, and his cousin is my inquisitor. If it works like with KOTFE chapters, I won't be able to buy the customisation until I officially get him as a companion on those characters, presumably at the end of the story part, so after all cutscenes, which (probably) can't be repeated.

I tested it on my Jedi and Jorgan. Left in the middle of the KOTFE chapter, went to a vendor with Jorgan standing right by my side, and still got "not eligible" when I tried to buy a custom for him. I could buy it only after I finished the chapter.

I'm not worried about my warrior, it's the rest of my Quinn clan that won't have as much fun as I hoped it would. I'll just have to suffer through on my agent and inquisitor talking to that stranger, and then take them to do other stuff together (say, a planet arc). Unfortunately, Malavai will be merely a mute observer of everything, and won't say a word to them.

If it were repeatable, I'd play the content, get him, buy him custom, play again for nice cutscenes with the custom. Alas, seems like not going to happen :(

Ok, I get it now. It's a customization vendor issue and not a cut scene one. That stinks. I wish there was a way around that. :(

Ok, I get it now. It's a customization vendor issue and not a cut scene one. That stinks. I wish there was a way around that. :(

Yeah, it pretty much burns down to the fact we can't buy customisations without silly limitations. They should lift those, since now all classes can have any random vanilla comp.

Omg, nice. I approve. I really really approve. You're so talented! :D I want to see poor Malavai stutter his way out of that one. :D The purple text will be extra...I dunno...purple! :o:D:eek::p

Quinn: Oh dear... *ahem* Er. My lord? What have you done this time?

There's a picture of you.

Quinn: ...did I address you? No. I was addressing Darth Lunafo--

You're in a very special suit.

Quinn: *slowly raises one eyebrow* I...am not sure I understand your meaning--

SANS CLOTHING.

Quinn: . . . :eek:

Uh, well, for the record, I didn't look at it either, so I'm not sure if that's entirely accurate, Quinn. For one thing I think my computer would go extra "PROTECT THE INNOCENT/NOT-REALLY-THAT-INNOCENT" mode and block it, and for another thing...er...I don't really want to see NSFW stuff...? I *am* an adult (...barely), but still... No offense to Lammia. :o *sends cookies across the internet*

Quinn: *sputtering* Wh--I--ah--th--how--wha--er--I--th--you--what--why--ca--y--n--

...oh wow, that WAS extra purple... o_O

Quinn: *finally finds his voice* ...m-my lords. Officers. Permission to speak freely?

Can't speak for the other fangirls, but I'm faaaaaaairly certain that's an "of COURSE!!"

Quinn: *deep breath* .... *exhale* :) ............... :mad: HOW IN THE NAME OF ALL SENSE CAN ANYONE JUSTIFY DRAWING A PICTURE LIKE THAT!? IT DEFIES EXPLANATION AND SERVES NO OTHER PURPOSE THAN SHAMELESS OBJECTIFICATION AND--

Fanservice. Beautiful fanservice. Sorry, had to interrupt that giant bold caps lock rant.

Quinn: .............Darth Lunafox, I beseech you: knock some sense into everyone else's heads! *hand drifts down to his blaster pistol* Or I might, myself.

I'd say that's out of character, but you DID execute...what was his face, the insane--BROYSC, that's it!--you DID execute him in cold blood, so--

Quinn: And would YOU shut up for five seconds!? ....... *pales* I. I mean. I. S-sorry. Sir. Grand Admiral. Officer. *snaps into the Imperial salute so rigidly he risks breaking a few bones*

Shutting up now. (This was a ridiculously colorful post. o_O)