Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

I only did it to get Hexid and not because I care about Hexid or having another female force using companion, I did it, in case, like Ranos, she might have something interesting to say about the missing companions. I hope she has some tidbits for us.

It's a shame they always give female force using comps as rewards for these things. I don't know what part of, 'give us some male forcer users' they don't get. Preferably someone good looking with their face/body intact. ;)

I just noticed that we're quickly approaching the community thread :D Only like 5K views to go before we've exceeded it lol. :eek::D

Wow good job, I sure don't have the stones you do. If nightfrogger and Jagaimee didn't help I would never have earned Hexid :o

Can't wait to see what she has to say, but I'm also hoping she comes in handy as a companion for my darksided pubbies like my consular and smuggler. They are so lonely! Eye candy would be better tho :( And I can't run Quinn on anyone but warriors because seeing him with other people makes me feel blehhh, like he's a widower or something.

I ended up PvPutzing for Hexid... got a whole bunch of random achievs along the way? Guess I'm cool like that :cool: Was definitely quicker than flashpoints and I got so many GC ranks out of it O.o

Watch though, Hexid ain't gonna have shhh to say, and all will be for naught :rolleyes:

Oh and happy Monday everyone \o/

I'm from the future and it's Tuesday for me, but "Happy" Monday to you :) Going to be very little quinnmancing for me today, too many errands to run and chores to do. (I say that now but I'll still find a way to be logged into the game all day long anyway.)

I'm from the future and it's Tuesday for me, but "Happy" Monday to you :) Going to be very little quinnmancing for me today, too many errands to run and chores to do. (I say that now but I'll still find a way to be logged into the game all day long anyway.)

Oh crap it is Tuesday LOL! Not sure where I got Monday from... :o *looks down at her still mostly full cup of coffee* ...well that explains it.

I've been a bit distracted with Sims4 now the Cats & Dogs expansion's out. My 'me' and Quinn need a house with many puppies and kittens. :D

Oh crap it is Tuesday LOL! Not sure where I got Monday from... :o *looks down at her still mostly full cup of coffee* ...well that explains it.

I've been a bit distracted with Sims4 now the Cats & Dogs expansion's out. My 'me' and Quinn need a house with many puppies and kittens. :D

Lol sounds fun, I haven't played Sims in ages, just a little on the phone app, but of course I made my next-door neighbor look like you-know-who :D

I have my whole Quinn clan recreated as Sims, including Theron married to Nayel :D And 3-year-old Nil'awr running around, driving his daddy Malavai crazy. :D Helps a bit with the content dry period and missing Theron in SWTOR.

That's adorable :o but it would scare me. My last sims died. What if they died?! (Do they still die?)

That's adorable :o but it would scare me. My last sims died. What if they died?! (Do they still die?)

I didn't know they could die, until Malavai died in fire. :( I just rolled back to the previous save, so it "never happened". No sad deaths since, and I use mods that stop aging, so they also won't die of old age (if that can happen).

Wow good job, I sure don't have the stones you do. If nightfrogger and Jagaimee didn't help I would never have earned Hexid :o

Can't wait to see what she has to say, but I'm also hoping she comes in handy as a companion for my darksided pubbies like my consular and smuggler. They are so lonely! Eye candy would be better tho :( And I can't run Quinn on anyone but warriors because seeing him with other people makes me feel blehhh, like he's a widower or something.

I am at 80 valor on my main now (Conqueror) but only because I forced myself to suffer random PvP Warzones for the unassembled components since I don't raid and I wanted a decent set of armour on my main at least. I did PvP for the Hexid achievement as it was the quickest way. I'm an achievement wh**e on my main, so I did the PvE one as well. I'm used to claiming stupidity every time I enter a FP so if I don't mess up I surprise everyone. I find the worst ones are when those who only do flashpoints know all the area shortcuts and exploit the map to get through much quicker. If you computer is a bit old (like mine is) it's hard to see where people jump to which often results in me being stuck behind 10000 mobs that can't be soloed so I have to get the group to kick me :( If you can find a couple of proper friends to run FPs with its so much better. Now the achievements are all done for me, I won't be going out of my way to do them on any alts, especially as its been confirmed that Hexid is account wide :)

I didn't know they could die, until Malavai died in fire. :( I just rolled back to the previous save, so it "never happened". No sad deaths since, and I use mods that stop aging, so they also won't die of old age (if that can happen).

What the hell kind of game kills off people that matter (oh wait.....but at least we have a choice of sorts in swtor)? Still, I won't ever play SIMS. If I want terrible real life I'll watch the news :D

I don't know about having stones. You didn't see me shaking and hemming and hawwing before joining the queue. :o I literally felt sick to my stomach and got all twitchy inside lol. But it was actually fun when the people on the team don't say mean things. I just dread when they start the insults and even worse, send them my way. I'll never put 'guard' on anyone ever again. I did that about 2 years ago on someone and they flipped out on me and I was just trying to be thoughtful and do my part. I guess Mr. UberPowerTech took it as an insult to be guarded by lowly old me. Oops, what can I say, I was a newb LOL.

I feel a bit weird running Quinn on other characters too, so I understand. :)

I ended up PvPutzing for Hexid... got a whole bunch of random achievs along the way? Guess I'm cool like that :cool: Was definitely quicker than flashpoints and I got so many GC ranks out of it O.o

Watch though, Hexid ain't gonna have shhh to say, and all will be for naught :rolleyes:

He hee, good to get it over with eh? I was amazed by all the weird achievements and also by the amount of GC points and boxes I was getting. It's a lot faster than grinding the same story chapter over and over like I did on my JK. :cool:

And you're right, I wouldn't be surprised if Hexid is a woman of few words. That...would be typical lol. :rolleyes:

And Happy Insert your Weekday here________. :p

Edited by Lunafox

When's that? Hell it's been ages since I've touched the Inq story. For some reason Warriors keep distracting me... :rolleyes:

Playing the other classes as Quinn makes them more fun :D That's the part where you first get Andronikos and we go kill a guy.. in a place.. I was only half paying attention honestly :o

Heh, same here. :p If you guys hadn't shepherded me through those flashpoints, I'd be hesitant to do anything at all. Maybe it's a good thing Umbara came up as the first one - I felt like, "Well gee, after THAT, I can handle anything! [dies to Standing In Stupid on The Foundry] ...except for that!" XD But I learned how to tank! Ish! And had fun. And holy crap did we all look good in cutscenes... :cool:

My knight is currently panicking over missing Kira; he'll be badgering Hexid for any scrap of information she can give. If she gives any. :/ So it'll probably go like this:

Hexid: [after being asked ten thousand times where Kira is] Oh for the love of--why do you care, anyway!? You Jedi...

Knight: She's my wife.

Hexid: ...I thought you weren't supposed to get married--

Knight: We broke the rules, ANY OTHER STUPID QUESTIONS!? [death glare]

Hexid: You are not like most Jedi. [smirk] I like that. We--...hello? [waves hand in front of the knight's face, as he's suddenly gone all distant and misty-eyed] What is your PROBLEM!?

Knight: Not like other Jedi...that's what Kira always said... *sniffle* :(

Hexid: [FACEPALM] Ohhhh we're going to get along just great... :mad:

The best part of the inquisitor story was when this happened~ :)

AWWWWWWWWWW :D

Theron: I'd say he's neither.

Quinn: [utterly flat voice] Not even "cute"?

Theron: *gag*

Quinn: Your opinion is noted.

I think you're...handsome.

Theron: You hesitated before saying "cute."

Mako is cute. Nadia is cute. Malavai Quinn is handsome. There is a difference.

Theron: And me? :D

Quinn: "Abhorrent"?

Theron: You hurt my man-feelings with that one. ......nope, can't say that with a straight face :p

You're handsome too. Happy now?

Theron: Very.

Quinn: *checking the calendar* Why is November 28th - the day you leave - so far away!?

Edited by Jagaimee

Heh, same here. :p If you guys hadn't shepherded me through those flashpoints, I'd be hesitant to do anything at all. Maybe it's a good thing Umbara came up as the first one - I felt like, "Well gee, after THAT, I can handle anything! [dies to stupid on The Foundry] ...except for that!" XD But I learned how to tank! Ish! And had fun. And holy crap did we all look good in cutscenes... :cool:

My knight is currently panicking over missing Kira; he'll be badgering Hexid for any scrap of information she can give. If she gives any. :/ So it'll probably go like this:

Hexid: [after being asked ten thousand times where Kira is] Oh for the love of--why do you care, anyway!? You Jedi...

Knight: She's my wife.

Hexid: ...I thought you weren't supposed to get married--

Knight: We broke the rules, ANY OTHER STUPID QUESTIONS!? [death glare]

Hexid: You are not like most Jedi. [smirk] I like that. We--...hello? [waves hand in front of the knight's face, as he's suddenly gone all distant and misty-eyed] What is your PROBLEM!?

Knight: Not like other Jedi...that's what Kira always said... *sniffle* :(

Hexid: [FACEPALM] Ohhhh we're going to get along just great... :mad:

AWWWWWWWWWW :D

Theron: I'd say he's neither.

Quinn: [utterly flat voice] Not even "cute"?

Theron: *gag*

Quinn: Your opinion is noted.

I think you're...handsome.

Theron: You hesitated before saying "cute."

Mako is cute. Nadia is cute. Malavai Quinn is handsome. There is a difference.

Theron: And me? :D

Quinn: "Abhorrent"?

Theron: You hurt my man-feelings with that one. ......nope, can't say that with a straight face :p

You're handsome too. Happy now?

Theron: Very.

Quinn: *checking the calendar* Why is November 28th - the day you leave - so far away!?

heehee I feel lucky to have gotten a purple Quinn and silver Theron reply :D <3

I have only the one screenshot of all four of us together, well our backs anyway, but I haven't seen Rose again yet to ask if I can post it :o Maybe I could upload it and send you the link in a pm? There's really not much to the screenshot, but it's kinda special I think :o

heehee I feel lucky to have gotten a purple Quinn and silver Theron reply :D <3

I have only the one screenshot of all four of us together, well our backs anyway, but I haven't seen Rose again yet to ask if I can post it :o Maybe I could upload it and send you the link in a pm? There's really not much to the screenshot, but it's kinda special I think :o

Sorry, I've been busy! Go right ahead and post it :)

I feel a bit weird running Quinn on other characters too, so I understand. :)

He's my main comp on my mara and jugg (obviously, wife and son), agent, inquisitor, smuggler, and recently also sentinel.

I like him hovering in the background in my cutscenes.

When's that? Hell it's been ages since I've touched the Inq story. For some reason Warriors keep distracting me... :rolleyes:

The guy you and Andronikos chase on Tat says something like "Oh, you brought a Sith sith you, how cute." This is option 3, I think.

Playing the other classes as Quinn makes them more fun :D That's the part where you first get Andronikos and we go kill a guy.. in a place.. I was only half paying attention honestly :o

And that's something I, in turn, could not do. The voice is "wrong".

Ok here we are, lol we look a little lost and confused :o If anyone in this picture would like me to take it down just say the word~

I think we should do it again and get a better picture :cool:

Seems the chat box caught my momentary pyromania! :p "HAHAHA FIIIIREEEEE...I mean, great. :D"

Oh we absolutely should do it again and get a better picture (though that one's pretty cool, too!). Now that we know which scenes to look for... Like in that cutscene on the train. Nightfrogger's healer kicked open the door, and there were three Sith (the rest of us) standing behind him all with lightsabers drawn, looming out of the shadows... I can't describe it very well, but my jaw dropped at how ridiculously cool it looked.

Thank you for sharing that picture! :D We do look a tad confused - probably wondering "who is this mysterious woman with the skull face mask, and why did she just drop a three-story-high spider droid on us!? ...furthermore, where was she keeping that droid all this time!?" At least, that's probably what Virne was thinking. :p

And that's something I, in turn, could not do. The voice is "wrong".

Know what you mean. :( I tried to do an "alternate universe" playthrough, having my consular as the Imperial agent. (Long story short... he's a chiss - if he had stayed in the Ascendancy as a child, instead of being taken to the Jedi, he would've been the agent instead of the consular.) It took me a long time to get used to the male agent's voice. e_e Can't really even imagine doing any sort of playthrough with Quinn...I love *his* voice too much!

Edited by Jagaimee

Yes Quinn's voice is best, and I just spent way too long trying to explain why (and going back and deleting it and trying again) to people who already understand why Quinn's voice is the best. :o It's not even so much about having a crush on the character anymore as it is just being sentimental. After so long of playing the game and having him there.. shoot I'm trying to explain it again. At least this version didn't have a debate about whether cats are people or not in it. I miss Quinn's voice on other characters but it can't be helped.

Anyway, I need projects in the game to keep me motivated to play. I don't have a lot to do other than heroics, and buying clothes with the money, heh. And I can't roll endless warriors as much as I love them. I've got to find ways to stay entertained. The truth is, the warrior (and the agent) stories are the only ones that I like. The other ones are so alien to me, especially after kotfe when I've got it in my mind that everyone BUT the warrior died.

Playthroughs of other classes as a familiar and beloved characterQUINN!<3 is the only thing that keeps me tethered to the other stories. In a way, these are the slapsticky adventures Quinn had while the warrior was missing. Everyone has a way of explaining all their alts and how they exist and fit together. This is the way the story has evolved for me. :) I wish they didn't do what they did to the story and I wish I didn't have to go to such mental lengths to still find the game appealing but *shrug*

Edited by grania

Yes Quinn's voice is best, and I just spent way too long trying to explain why (and going back and deleting it and trying again) to people who already understand why Quinn's voice is the best. :o It's not even so much about having a crush on the character anymore as it is just being sentimental. After so long of playing the game and having him there.. shoot I'm trying to explain it again. At least this version didn't have a debate about whether cats are people or not in it. I miss Quinn's voice on other characters but it can't be helped.

I remember when I first played a warrior I thought Quinn's voice was too nasally. But then It grew on me. Boy did it grow on me!

Anyway, I need projects in the game to keep me motivated to play. I don't have a lot to do other than heroics, and buying clothes with the money, heh. And I can't roll endless warriors as much as I love them. I've got to find ways to stay entertained. The truth is, the warrior (and the agent) stories are the only ones that I like. The other ones are so alien to me, especially after kotfe when I've got it in my mind that everyone BUT the warrior died.

That's the roll that TorFashion serves for me. I look for items missing from the databases to document. I collect world drop armor and run heroics for the sets. (Since the devs said they are working on a weapons designer I've started adding in static weapons too.) There is so much gear in the game, I'll never run out of things to work on!

Playthroughs of other classes as a familiar and beloved characterQUINN!<3 is the only thing that keeps me tethered to the other stories. In a way, these are the slapsticky adventures Quinn had while the warrior was missing. Everyone has a way of explaining all their alts and how they exist and fit together. This is the way the story has evolved for me. :) I wish they didn't do what they did to the story and I wish I didn't have to go to such mental lengths to still find the game appealing but *shrug*

All of my alts live in alternate universes. That's the only way I can explain how so many people are in relationships with one man :p

I remember when I first played a warrior I thought Quinn's voice was too nasally. But then It grew on me. Boy did it grow on me!

I did too, I really did. I thought - he sounds nasally and so high pitched. But.., it's so soft too, and there's just something about it.. and OMG I LOVE that voice! :o Now it's as familiar to me as someone I might know and hear everyday irl.

That's the roll that TorFashion serves for me. I look for items missing from the databases to document. I collect world drop armor and run heroics for the sets. (Since the devs said they are working on a weapons designer I've started adding in static weapons too.) There is so much gear in the game, I'll never run out of things to work on!

You should know how much I love that website and appreciate the work you do for it. The game would barely be playable for me without it! Thank you :)

All of my alts live in alternate universes. That's the only way I can explain how so many people are in relationships with one man :p

Hehe it's a good explanation, one that makes sense and if I had any sense I'd think of it that way too. But I can't rewire my brain now, it's too late :o

Edited by grania

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.