Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

You're so lucky, it looks great! :cool: You can buy class shirts from several online stores.

I had a feeling you might like it :D:wea_03: I'll have to look around, I needs me a juggernaut t shirt!

I use their default looks. I sort of like how Quinn looks normally, I had no reason to change him. I did use the grey haired cyborg one for a bit, but preferred his default look after a while.

I use both of those, they still look like Quinn just older and younger versions~

Edited by grania

I imagine he had a promotion or two, transferred to Dromund Kaas, met a nice Imperial woman and settled down. He trains new military recruits now. At first, they all find him to be hard and cruel, but eventually they feel a great respect for him, regard him as their inspiration -- even though they're terrified whenever they disappoint him, because he threatens to put a blaster to their heads with a clear conscience if they don't bring their best to the table.

He opens up to one of these recruits, a particularly unruly and somewhat pathetic excuse for an Imp, about a lieutenant he knew on Balmorra, his personal hero; a man who did not settle for less than perfection and put everything he had into fighting the Resistance scum, and damn anyone who got in his way.

The recruit asks what ever happened to this lieutenant, and Jillins says he doesn't know; he went in one night to turn in a report (one he'd rewritten ten times, just to make sure it was flawless), and there he was, Malavai Quinn, at his desk looking over census data. Then in the morning, he reported for duty only to find that Quinn's office was empty, and all of his things were gone.

He heard a rumor once that the lieutenant disappeared into the night with a smokin' hot Sith, but he could never know for sure. He could only dedicate his entire life to carrying on the legacy of Malavai Quinn.

Or something like that.

I love it! The Ballad of Jillins.

I imagine he had a promotion or two, transferred to Dromund Kaas, met a nice Imperial woman and settled down. He trains new military recruits now. At first, they all find him to be hard and cruel, but eventually they feel a great respect for him, regard him as their inspiration -- even though they're terrified whenever they disappoint him, because he threatens to put a blaster to their heads with a clear conscience if they don't bring their best to the table.

He opens up to one of these recruits, a particularly unruly and somewhat pathetic excuse for an Imp, about a lieutenant he knew on Balmorra, his personal hero; a man who did not settle for less than perfection and put everything he had into fighting the Resistance scum, and damn anyone who got in his way.

The recruit asks what ever happened to this lieutenant, and Jillins says he doesn't know; he went in one night to turn in a report (one he'd rewritten ten times, just to make sure it was flawless), and there he was, Malavai Quinn, at his desk looking over census data. Then in the morning, he reported for duty only to find that Quinn's office was empty, and all of his things were gone.

He heard a rumor once that the lieutenant disappeared into the night with a smokin' hot Sith, but he could never know for sure. He could only dedicate his entire life to carrying on the legacy of Malavai Quinn.

Or something like that.

Hilarious and perfect, thank you for that :D

Just curious, how many times have you guys run through the Iokath stuff so far? I guess I don't mean for the Quinn reunion specifically, but I've done it twice now and I'm getting paranoid about the bug where you don't get Quinn back as a companion. I'd be sore if my favorite and only level 50 comp went awol. Maybe I should quit while I'm ahead.

Hilarious and perfect, thank you for that :D

Just curious, how many times have you guys run through the Iokath stuff so far? I guess I don't mean for the Quinn reunion specifically, but I've done it twice now and I'm getting paranoid about the bug where you don't get Quinn back as a companion. I'd be sore if my favorite and only level 50 comp went awol. Maybe I should quit while I'm ahead.

I've run through it three times but only once as an Empire supporter. I didn't have any problems getting Elara or Malavai. I'm also honestly not sure if I could run through as an Empire supporter again. That scene where Malcom died just made me feel awful for Theron.

I've run through it three times but only once as an Empire supporter. I didn't have any problems getting Elara or Malavai. I'm also honestly not sure if I could run through as an Empire supporter again. That scene where Malcom died just made me feel awful for Theron.

Sorry :( I never thought I was heartless but I just don't feel anything about it :confused:

I guess the more Lana and Theron I get, the less I like them. In fact the only reason I romanced Theron on my warrior was just to see what would happen and the only thing that happened was that my warrior is now romancing two people. Not what I expected but I suppose there are worse circumstances to be in >.> Oh well, my first loyalties are to Quinn and the Empire and that's just the way I am :o

Glad it didn't bug out for you, hopefully it's not as common a bug as it seems like it is~

Sorry :( I never thought I was heartless but I just don't feel anything about it :confused:

I guess the more Lana and Theron I get, the less I like them. In fact the only reason I romanced Theron on my warrior was just to see what would happen and the only thing that happened was that my warrior is now romancing two people. Not what I expected but I suppose there are worse circumstances to be in >.> Oh well, my first loyalties are to Quinn and the Empire and that's just the way I am :o

Glad it didn't bug out for you, hopefully it's not as common a bug as it seems like it is~

It doesn't really bother me having Lana and Theron around all the time - I also actually like Theron as a character (so that helps) and Lana is ok (even if I wish she wasn't always hovering over my character when she wakes up). I understand why BioWare uses them so often and I mean ... budget reasons. They really cannot afford to have a few dozen different voice actors come in and voice a bunch of lines just in case someone uses a certain companion not to mention they would have to write a bunch of different scenarios depending on which companion was used and how that companion would react. That said ... Iokath should have been written in mind of using Elara and Malavai during the story because we should have been forced to use them during the story just as all the other chapters (yes, I know 5.2 wasn't a chapter but still).

It's funny, when I made characters for the DvL event, I had intended for them to romance Theron because he was around a lot more in the newer content but I couldn't make my sith warrior NOT flirt with Malavai and so she ended up with him .. again lol.

Edit to add: Obviously I'm not sure what causes the bug but I know I didn't have any open chapters on those 3 characters and I had KotFE and KotET completely done on all three as well.

Edited by Elessara

I feel sorry for Theron because he's got terrible parents. I will do everything to make him feel comfortable in the Empire. :) Except my Warrior of course, Quinn will never be replaced with Theron. So they will be only friends with the Wrath. Edited by Dylinrae

I feel sorry for Theron, but I feel worse about Acina dying than Malcom. And I have a hard time turning my back on the Empire, when they were the only ones who helped the Alliance.

And the more we get to know about the Republic the more I dislike it.

I feel sorry for Theron, but I feel worse about Acina dying than Malcom. And I have a hard time turning my back on the Empire, when they were the only ones who helped the Alliance.

And the more we get to know about the Republic the more I dislike it.

I felt bad until Acina started acting all typical Sith-like with her "WE SHALL SOAK THE GROUND WITH THEIR BLOOD!!!" ... after which point I was like, yeah I don't feel so bad about choosing Republic on other characters now. She seemed much more reasonable in Ch. 2 of KotET ... abandoning the old ways, blah blah and now she's just the average sith. That just drove home to me that the Empire is never going to change. And no, I don't think the Republic is perfect - it has it's issues as well.

Edit to add: I would also like to say that I don't feel bad about Malcom himself dying, I feel bad for Theron.

Anyway, this is pretty off topic ... back to the Malavai <3 !

Edited by Elessara

That said ... Iokath should have been written in mind of using Elara and Malavai during the story because we should have been forced to use them during the story just as all the other chapters (yes, I know 5.2 wasn't a chapter but still).

Agreed, Dorne fans got as little as we did so it doesn't make sense for me to blame Quinn-hate for it, hm.

I feel sorry for Theron because he's got terrible parents. I will do everything to make him feel comfortable in the Empire. Except my Warrior of course, Quinn will never be replaced with Theron. So they will be only friends with the Wrath.

The truth is - I like both of them. There isn't a whole lot not to like about them (particularly Theron.). I'd just like a bit less of them!

I felt bad until Acina started acting all typical Sith-like with her "WE SHALL SOAK THE GROUND WITH THEIR BLOOD!!!" ... after which point I was like, yeah I don't feel so bad about choosing Republic on other characters now. She seemed much more reasonable in Ch. 2 of KotET ... abandoning the old ways, blah blah and now she's just the average sith. That just drove home to me that the Empire is never going to change. And no, I don't think the Republic is perfect - it has it's issues as well.

True that, but I'm thinking that's bad writing and people whining about "we want fights between the republic and empire", so the devs had to force it. Honestly that whole thing seems a little odd.... If they are just going to start fighting again, then there was little point to SOR, KOTFE and KOTET, who all had both factions working together.

Acina does get a little vengeful in this, but Malcom is no better than she is - just less charming.

Also, Theron was a complete *** when Acina gave her condolences to him. She might be sith, but she has better manners. That being said I really like Theron and the romance is fun.

True that, but I'm thinking that's bad writing and people whining about "we want fights between the republic and empire", so the devs had to force it. Honestly that whole thing seems a little odd.... If they are just going to start fighting again, then there was little point to SOR, KOTFE and KOTET, who all had both factions working together.

Acina does get a little vengeful in this, but Malcom is no better than she is - just less charming.

Also, Theron was a complete *** when Acina gave her condolences to him. She might be sith, but she has better manners. That being said I really like Theron and the romance is fun.

True about the writing. I was one of those who was happy we were moving away from the (in my opinion) overdone story of Empire vs. Republic and I'm not so happy about us moving back to it. Malcom seems more obsessed with defending the Republic and believing the only way to do that is to get rid of the Empire completely and Acina comes across as simply wanting to spill Republic blood. But yes, bad writing.

I didn't see Acina offering condolences, maybe I chose a different conversation option?

I'll probably have at least one more character side with the Empire though I don't know how many more characters I'll take through Iokath until we know the ramifications of the choice. Also I hope that since the Iokath story isn't complete that we'll be seeing more of Malavai (and Elara) ... although, to be honest, I think they might be shoehorning in the rest of the unreturned romanceable companions in the Iokath storyline.

Or something like that.

That's exactly how it went. :D

Up until now I wondered who that "Jillins" was. Now I know why I didn't remember him. This guy's name was JillinGs.

No it's definitely Jillins. Though where I'm from, they're pronounced the same. :D He's the poor little soldier Quinn is trying to murder on Balmorra when you first meet him. Now, he's running the Malavai Quinn Military School for the Gifted.

True about the writing. I was one of those who was happy we were moving away from the (in my opinion) overdone story of Empire vs. Republic and I'm not so happy about us moving back to it. Malcom seems more obsessed with defending the Republic and believing the only way to do that is to get rid of the Empire completely and Acina comes across as simply wanting to spill Republic blood. But yes, bad writing.

I didn't see Acina offering condolences, maybe I chose a different conversation option?

I'll probably have at least one more character side with the Empire though I don't know how many more characters I'll take through Iokath until we know the ramifications of the choice. Also I hope that since the Iokath story isn't complete that we'll be seeing more of Malavai (and Elara) ... although, to be honest, I think they might be shoehorning in the rest of the unreturned romanceable companions in the Iokath storyline.

Yeah, I think they are just going to try and get them checked off as quickly as possible, which explains how little Elara and Quinn were involved.

I feel sorry for Theron because he's got terrible parents...

Seriously - Dad's a jerk once they've found out about each other and ultimately Dad decides to join the circus right front of Theron on Iokath. Mom just ditched him as a baby so she could put her career first and now she's on an infinite walkabout living on nothing but roots and berries not ten minutes from the Alliance base.

The third party spy monitoring the Alliance is realistic in his mail - If I was Theron, I'd be drinking whiskey alone every night, too.

Edited by Edyn