Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

So wrong but so perfect!!! :D

Quinn: *unsure whether to blush or faint dead away from horror*

It, uh, it, um, means...fem!Warrior sits on Quinn's lap as he sits on the Eternal Throne?

My warrior: *glances at herself, then at Quinn* ...or the other way 'round.

The Eternal Throne sits on YOU? How much does that thing weigh, half a ton? That has to be painful...

Warrior: No, I meant--...you know what I meant...

*she and Quinn simultaneously facepalm*

Quinn: *unsure whether to blush or faint dead away from horror*

It, uh, it, um, means...fem!Warrior sits on Quinn's lap as he sits on the Eternal Throne?

My warrior: *glances at herself, then at Quinn* ...or the other way 'round.

The Eternal Throne sits on YOU? How much does that thing weigh, half a ton? That has to be painful...

Warrior: No, I meant--...you know what I meant...

*she and Quinn simultaneously facepalm*

In the eternal alliance....one does not sit on the throne.... the throne sits on you ;)

Absolutely nothing in the mail for my warrior who sided with the republic. I didn't have any recording malarky when I took my first warrior through Iokath & sided with the empire however I got bandicam for the second one - I just compared this with someone who took the Empire side on youtube. Quinn's & the warrior's dialogue at the end is different if you side with republic.

My terrible conspiracy theories aside, getting a letter if you take the Empire's side is probably BW's way of making up for the lack of on-screen Quinn time when you side with them, as you see/hear a lot more of Quinn if you side with the Republic.

I haven't been able to find any video of the end dialogue for a warrior who sided with the Republic. :( I would love to go that way on mine for the sake of the content, because I loved seeing Quinn so much on my pub-sided toon, but ... ... ... ... the Empire!

Though I could take my second warrior through, I guess. Hmm. She might find his villainous-ness attractive (and be madly jealous of him hanging around Acina -- who does she think she is, not telling the warrior about her husband and then sending him to speak for the Empire, and then running around Iokath with him, like she has some kind of claim on him? pft. her armor's not that cool).

There's a lot of missed potential with them skimping on a Republic letter! He turns his back on the Empire (eventually, anyway) for the warrior -- I mean, basically, right? That's a huge deal and should totally be addressed in a letter. At least a little line about no regrets.

Edited by knoXr

Yep!! I loved how his letter also referenced Vette. He's still not safe from Vette LOL

Nor should he be. :D Also, where's a letter in regards to Pierce for those of us who took five minutes to recruit him? Everyone knows he's not happy Quinn's around, especially since Pierce straight up said he didn't approve of having him around after the betrayal and basically said he should be dead (man after my own husb's heart.) :p

Edited by Edyn

I just wanted to chime in and say I loved Malavai's letter in this patch and I put it right up there with the KOTFE letter in regards to feels.

It was a beautiful letter, I really enjoyed it. I wish they'd make letters a bigger part of the game, like in between updates, just to keep our interest and liven the game up for us.:)

It was a beautiful letter, I really enjoyed it. I wish they'd make letters a bigger part of the game, like in between updates, just to keep our interest and liven the game up for us.:)

I was shocked KOTET didn't have letters! At the very least, something from Theron saying he's following a lead on such and such companion, or little ones from side-companions (Hylo & co).

It seems like it'd be really easy to implement them, too. :)

Yep!! I loved how his letter also referenced Vette. He's still not safe from Vette LOL

His letter referenced Vette? Where? :confused:

And what for? They were always at odds, she always annoyed him, why would he even give her a tiny thought? :confused:

His letter referenced Vette? Where? :confused:

And what for? They were always at odds, she always annoyed him, why would he even give her a tiny thought? :confused:

He only mentions Vette in the non-romance letter. It's so sweet though. He seems genuinly sad if she died and says the following "As much as I love her friendly ribbing" if she is alive. A lot of people make it out as if he despises her and is against aliens (And this I don't get. He is pro having a noble mans daughter stay with the killiks on Alderaan, and comments that races like the Rishi would be valued allies). But other than him being annoyed with her being nosy, I haven't noticed this. It's clear they don't have the same views, but there was always more tension between him and Pierce, than Quinn and Vette I thought.

I don't know... I get the feeling like many didn't really get to know him - or just completely misunderstood his personality.

He only mentions Vette in the non-romance letter. It's so sweet though. He seems genuinly sad if she died and says the following "As much as I love her friendly ribbing" if she is alive. A lot of people make it out as if he despises her and is against aliens (And this I don't get. He is pro having a noble mans daughter stay with the killiks on Alderaan, and comments that races like the Rishi would be valued allies). But other than him being annoyed with her being nosy, I haven't noticed this. It's clear they don't have the same views, but there was always more tension between him and Pierce, than Quinn and Vette I thought.

I don't know... I get the feeling like many didn't really get to know him - or just completely misunderstood his personality.

Thanks. I'll have to google a screenshot of it or ask friends to take one for me, because I'm never getting this one (not taking my non-KOTFE male warrior through Iokath to get broken Malavai on him).

I never thought he despised her. Was just annoyed. I definitely consider it out of character, if he really wrote he "loved" her teasing him. :confused::eek: Patiently suffered with facepalms, but loved?:confused:

As for aliens, I don't think he ever minded them, although planet arc on Belsavis could be interpreted as such. That said, there are many examples to show he didn't. And warrior themselves could be an alien, so... :cool:

Thanks. I'll have to google a screenshot of it or ask friends to take one for me, because I'm never getting this one (not taking my non-KOTFE male warrior through Iokath to get broken Malavai on him).

I never thought he despised her. Was just annoyed. I definitely consider it out of character, if he really wrote he "loved" her teasing him. :confused::eek: Patiently suffered with facepalms, but loved?:confused:

As for aliens, I don't think he ever minded them, although planet arc on Belsavis could be interpreted as such. That said, there are many examples to show he didn't. And warrior themselves could be an alien, so... :cool:

Letters ahead:

Vette died:

Your Eternal Alliance is most impressive, my lord. I always knew you were worthy of such a following, but I never imagined fate would bestow you with such a monumental status. Between the Eternal Fleet and your burgeoning army, I pity anyone who defies your authority. After my welcome tour, Admiral Aygo briefed me on the strategies we use to police the galaxy. I offered a few suggestions, but he has the situation well in hand. I plan to acquaint myself with the rest of your followers over the coming weeks. Speaking of which, I was sorry to hear of Vette's untimely passing. The two of us rarely saw eye to eye, but I always respected her role in your rise to prominence. She will be missed. Thank you again for welcoming me back into your fold.

Vette lived:

Your Eternal Alliance is most impressive, my lord. I always knew you were worthy of such a following, but I never imagined fate would bestow you with such a monumental status. Between the Eternal Fleet and your burgeoning army, I pity anyone who defies your authority. After my welcome tour, Admiral Aygo briefed me on the strategies we use to police the galaxy. I offered a few suggestions, but he has the situation well in hand. I plan to acquaint myself with the rest of your followers over the coming weeks. Speaking of which, I ran into Vette while making my rounds. She's her usual colorful self. As much as I love her friendly ribbing, I think I'll station myself far from her quarters. Thank you again for welcoming me back into your fold.

And I don't think its as much out of character as it is character progression. They did spend around five years on the same ship. And if you were friendly with them both it's likely that they had to get along.:)

I wondered if he'd have anything to say about Vette. Kinda figured he would. Thanks for posting those, I will never get them either lol. Glad we didn't waste any precious dialogue discussing Vette though, putting it in a letter was a good choice.

Though.. just imagine if we had gotten to hear the love letter read aloud *swoooon*

I haven't been able to find any video of the end dialogue for a warrior who sided with the Republic. :( I would love to go that way on mine for the sake of the content, because I loved seeing Quinn so much on my pub-sided toon, but ... ... ... ... the Empire!

Though I could take my second warrior through, I guess. Hmm. She might find his villainous-ness attractive (and be madly jealous of him hanging around Acina -- who does she think she is, not telling the warrior about her husband and then sending him to speak for the Empire, and then running around Iokath with him, like she has some kind of claim on him? pft. her armor's not that cool).

There's a lot of missed potential with them skimping on a Republic letter! He turns his back on the Empire (eventually, anyway) for the warrior -- I mean, basically, right? That's a huge deal and should totally be addressed in a letter. At least a little line about no regrets.

I only just learned how to video stuff yesterday and I have no clue how to edit, however if I work out how to upload my (not-very-professional-but-viewable) video to you tube I'll post a link.

I think Acina had an ulterior motive for pardoning and recruiting Quinn - she assumed if she controlled him and in effect is responsible for returning her husband to you, then you would automatically side with the Empire (and poor Quinn is very susceptible to being mind controlled by Sith/Jedi/the Force as we know).

I would have preferred a scene where the warrior is told by Acina where Quinn is and breaks Quinn out of jail herself.

And I don't think its as much out of character as it is character progression. They did spend around five years on the same ship. And if you were friendly with them both it's likely that they had to get along.:)

Thank you for posting them! :)

Well, in context, it does sound better. I think it's also possible he was quite sarcastic there. "Love" still sounds weird to me. "Don't mind", "like", yeah, ok, but "love"...

On the other hand, in my head canon he loves my warrior teasing him, so maybe I just didn't appreciate his sense of humour being wider than I though, and expand to Vette too.

And yeah, he and Vette were the closest people my warrior had, so them getting along (or trying) would make sense.

In this light, Vette's comment about Quinn in KOTET is just... :( Even more out of character, mean and hostile. He loved her teasing but she really hated him? :confused:

I would have preferred a scene where the warrior is told by Acina where Quinn is and breaks Quinn out of jail herself.

In my story there is a complicated story loosely related to this idea.

In this light, Vette's comment about Quinn in KOTET is just... :( Even more out of character, mean and hostile. He loved her teasing but she really hated him? :confused:

In my story there is a complicated story loosely related to this idea.

You're welcome. I never saw it as her hating him with that comment. I just thought it was a poor joke on her being a slave and then turning the whole thing on its head. Vette is too sweet to really hate I think.

It could also just being some developers hate of him (*coughs Ben*) that fuelled it. They have put a lot of effort into peoples revenge fantasies :p

I had a bigger problem with my warrior not calling him Malavai - now that just cancelled out the last two conversation you had with him in the original storyline. And the "my lord" got used far too often. He could have called her "my love" at least once.

Edited by Cowoline

You're welcome. I never saw it as her hating him with that comment. I just thought it was a poor joke on her being a slave and then turning the whole thing on its head. Vette is too sweet to really hate I think.

It could also just being some developers hate of him (*coughs Ben*) that fuelled it. They have put a lot of effort into peoples revenge fantasies :p

I don't mean the poor joke from KOTFE 13. I mean the mean comment from KOTET 3 (or 4).

"I'm not Quinn, I don't need to be threatened to be motivated."

Or something very similar. Said in an angry, hostile way. Clearly not a joke, even a bad one.

Dev hate is something I definitely see in some cases. Koth being the clearest to me, but Malavai not far behind, really. I don't mind when they put their hearts into their fav toons (Theron) as it only adds goodness to the story, but I don't like when they put their hostilities too. Every comp has someone who likes them, even if devs personally don't.

For those who wanted to see the Quinn romance lock-in if you choose to side with the republic here's a link to my video:

Eternal Quinnmancing the important Quinn bit starts at around 3:20 :D

I apologise for Lana's face trolling at the start of the video. I know nothing about editing and that's the first time I uploaded anything to You Tube, but the Quinn-cause demanded it :)

For those who wanted to see the Quinn romance lock-in if you choose to side with the republic here's a link to my video:

Eternal Quinnmancing the important Quinn bit starts at around 3:20 :D

I apologise for Lana's face trolling at the start of the video. I know nothing about editing and that's the first time I uploaded anything to You Tube, but the Quinn-cause demanded it :)

Lol you accused Lana :D I accused Theron because I wanted him to break up with me!

Oh gosh you can flirt with Jace? I had no idea.

So that's where all the prisoner dialogue happens, I was wondering.. I don't think I'll ever pick the pubs :( Poor Quinn, she's being so mean, up until the second she's nice..

It's confusing! Thanks for doing this, I know for absolute sure I never will :o

By the way everyone, if you haven't before and are going to do Iokath again, remember that you can click on Quinn when he's just standing there after you've talked to him and he'll say another line. It was a different line for my warrior than it was for my inq.

Edited by grania

It's painful for me to watch Quinn forced into the Republic, LOL. :o

I can't find a video about what he does when you say you'll join the Republic. In the case of the male Warrior, he runs away, but he stays with the female. I'm curious how he reacts then.

And why does the romanced Warrior speak to him like a jerk? :mad: "Quinn, what do you think you're doing here?"

She sounds so disgusted and hostile, what the-? :confused: The Republic washed her brain or what? :p He throws everything away for you!

Oh, f***, while searching for Quinn conversation options in a video I accidentally saw the kill! :eek: Now I feel heartbroken! :(:(:(

Edited by Dylinrae

I threw five stars your way ladies (and gents). You guys have one of the few fun and positive threads going. Kudos.

You are very kind, thank you! :)

:D Quinnmancers United - nice! XD

We need an additional t-shirt with this printed on it. :D

I agree, it's just so stupid! They obviously really don't like each other. I wouldn't say it's hate but it's great antipathy. I don't think Quinn would speak about her like this. And when Vette mentions Quinn to the Warrior she is so mean. :mad: Another reason for me to choose Torian over her when that certain time comes. :p

I'm too sensitive when it comes to Quinn. :p The first time Pierce complained about him, I immediately told him off and kind of threatened him. XD But I loved the "Captain Protocol" nickname. :D

It's painful for me to watch Quinn forced into the Republic, LOL. :o

I can't find a video about what he does when you say you'll join the Republic.

And why does the romanced Warrior speak to him like a jerk? :mad: "Quinn, what do you think you're doing here?"

She sounds so disgusted and hostile, what the-? :confused: The Republic washed her brain or what? :p He throws everything away for you!

Well, he's not forced into the Republic - he chooses to leave the Empire to side with his wife and join her Eternal Alliance even if it meant he had to do it as a prisoner to be with her. I agree though - she is a bit off when she speaks to him, which we have no control over. I'm guessing the writers made an incorrect assumption that people who chose to ally with the republic would not choose to continue romancing Quinn so made the warrior's reactions really off OR they made the interaction generic to include those did not romance Quinn (and those who wanted to kill him). Big mistake by them - they really should have had a different cut scene for those who romanced and wanted to continue romancing him.

As for Quinn's reaction when she first chooses republic - well here's a video (apologies for any crappiness)

Go to around 4:00 mins in.

I have several warriors and I chose to ally with the Republic on this one out of curiosity. You do get much more screen Quinn, but much less Quinn/Warrior love story.

Anyone else noticed that Quinns eyes are a different shade of blue? Bring back his dark blue eyes!

Well, he's not forced into the Republic - he chooses to leave the Empire to side with his wife and join her Eternal Alliance even if it meant he had to do it as a prisoner to be with her. I agree though - she is a bit off when she speaks to him, which we have no control over. I'm guessing the writers made an incorrect assumption that people who chose to ally with the republic would not choose to continue romancing Quinn so made the warrior's reactions really off OR they made the interaction generic to include those did not romance Quinn (and those who wanted to kill him). Big mistake by them - they really should have had a different cut scene for those who romanced and wanted to continue romancing him.

As for Quinn's reaction when she first chooses republic - well here's a video (apologies for any crappiness)

Go to around 4:00 mins in.

I have several warriors and I chose to ally with the Republic on this one out of curiosity. You do get much more screen Quinn, but much less Quinn/Warrior love story.

Anyone else noticed that Quinns eyes are a different shade of blue? Bring back his dark blue eyes!

Thanks for the video! :) He does the same as in the case of the male Warrior. I guess he approaches him as well after this. It's a little bit strange, isn't it? How come no one shot him? :confused: He throws a grenade at them and everything, then just casually walks to them again, after a while? :rolleyes: This is getting stranger and stranger.

I know it's his choice, but it still feels bad. :o The poor man is so desperate to be with you that he is even willing to do things like this. That fact makes the killing/imprisonment even more terrible and outrageous. :mad:

I don't think his eye color changed, it seems the same to me.

Edited by Dylinrae

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.